g37 vert: cigarette lighter for cell phone charging

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Spindoctor
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Borrow someone else's phone and charger or some other 12v device, plug it in and see if it works. If it doesn't, it's your 12v socket, wiring or fuse (most likely).

If you really don't know how to check the fuses or use an electrical meter on them and don't want to drive 90 miles, take it to a local mechanic and pay them to troubleshoot it.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Roan de Rossi

Originally Posted by NewGMan
Yeah probably

Still stick with my suggestion, if you cannot work out how to plug a phone charger in your car I would grab a mirror to look for the problem. Just saying.

Probably being a d**k again
But I like it! So no worries!!
All things aside, I'm still in school.. as in PhD student, research work and teach as well.. so barely get time outside all that to actually spare time to look and resolve the issues myself unless its a simply fix. I appreciate your honesty and straightforwardness.
I've tried all things that were suggested except the fuse box. I did try to look around the area where the hood release button is but wasn't sure so didn't want to pull/push anything that I wasn't sure about. Even if I would find that, I wouldn't know what I am looking at and how to tell if anything is wrong?
Your suggestions are still welcomed
Old 05-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Roan de Rossi

So, I checked the fuse box along with the reference guide on the panel as to which one is for cigarette lighter. None of the fuses seem to be blown off. I also tried using a friend's charger and that didn't work either. :-/
Old 05-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Roan de Rossi

Originally Posted by Spindoctor
Borrow someone else's phone and charger or some other 12v device, plug it in and see if it works. If it doesn't, it's your 12v socket, wiring or fuse (most likely).

If you really don't know how to check the fuses or use an electrical meter on them and don't want to drive 90 miles, take it to a local mechanic and pay them to troubleshoot it.
So, I checked the fuse box along with the reference guide on the panel as to which one is for cigarette lighter. None of the fuses seem to be blown off. I also tried using a friend's charger and that didn't work either. :-/
Old 05-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Roan de Rossi

Originally Posted by Rad_Slinger
First place I'd look is the fuse box.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:53 AM
NewGMan

Well good thing you posted the same information 3 times, might have gotten by some of us...
Old 05-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Roan de Rossi

Originally Posted by NewGMan
Well good thing you posted the same information 3 times, might have gotten by some of us...
As always.. like the c**kiness
If you have nothing useful to post, why waste your and my time. Or, if I may, do you have nothing better to do and this is the best use of your time?
Old 05-17-2013, 11:59 PM
NewGMan

Originally Posted by Roan de Rossi
As always.. like the c**kiness
If you have nothing useful to post, why waste your and my time. Or, if I may, do you have nothing better to do and this is the best use of your time?
Ballsy coming from a guy who can't plug his cell phone charger in...