Rattles from back passenger window area where the window rolls down into

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Roan de Rossi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattles from back passenger window area where the window rolls down into

Hello fellow G 37 conv owners. I seriously need advice on how to deal with Infiniti dealers. I have a 2010 G37 Conv.

I have a rattle that to me sounds like is coming from back passenger (right) window area where the window rolls down into.

The dealership has now had my car since February 21st (about six weeks). Now they finally tell me that they got to my car!
They are telling me, they can hear the rattle but don't know how to fix it. Tomorrow the service manager is going to sit with the tech, ride it, decide what to do and then get back to me.
I don't know if anyone has had this issue as well. Any input about the rattle and dealing with Infiniti dealer would be helpful. I really love the car but am disappointed with the service.
Thank you.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:06 AM
JohnsVert

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
First off six weeks is ridiculous I would have never left my car there that long just to check a rattling issue. Ive brought my car to the dealer for rattling issues and i was out the same day if not the next day .I would question them why did they wait so long to look at your car and I hope they gave you a loaner at least.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Autocutter
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
6 weeks is a bit long. I have a rattle in the Right Side "C" pillar. It sounds like a loose spring rattling on a piece plastic that they haven't found where its coming from - I think it is actually like you stated that it is in the window channel.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:14 PM
colnajoe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
6 weeks does sound like a very long time. What sounds worse to me is that they took that long just to get to it, what did they tell you the delay was? If you check ITB 003A, it shows so many things they do to stop sqeeks. I ran into the problem that any rattles the top has is an "adjustment", and they only warranty that for one year or 1200 miles. Good luck and if you have another dealer close enough, I would use them in the future. At least tell us that they gave you a rental to use.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:34 PM
TVD
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have had the same problem. My dealership told me they would give me a call when a special "top" tech was do to come in. A week later they gave me a call and had me come in. They had my car for 2 days and fixed the noise. The fix was some kind of adjustment to the top. I would only hear the noise if I hit a bad road bump I could not avoid. Any way the dealer fixed my problem. By the way, the noise seemed to be worse when it was cold?? I have a 2011. Good luck, it is fixable.
Attached Thumbnails Rattles from back passenger window area where the window rolls down into-p9140027.jpg  
Old 04-06-2013, 09:37 AM
JohnsVert

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by colnajoe
6 weeks does sound like a very long time. What sounds worse to me is that they took that long just to get to it, what did they tell you the delay was? If you check ITB 003A, it shows so many things they do to stop sqeeks. I ran into the problem that any rattles the top has is an "adjustment", and they only warranty that for one year or 1200 miles. Good luck and if you have another dealer close enough, I would use them in the future. At least tell us that they gave you a rental to use.
1 year or 1200 miles what dealership told you this? I went to my dealer for a rattling issue about a month ago and my cars well over a year old with 11k+ miles on it and they fixed the rattling noise under warranty , although the noise is back now.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:51 PM
crazysim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was the last issue I had after the creaking roof, both of which were fixed. They said it was the clips or snaps that was vibrating and happen to be touch the roof. He relocated the strap somewhere else and viola no more roof noise at all