I am not crazy, I swear!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 05:21 PM
stacipolonski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not crazy, I swear!!!

I purchased a 2010 G37 vert last April, I hesitate asking this question becasue I am going to sound crazy, BUT today driving, radio on, heading back to work when my radio stops playing and a voice says, This is Stellar Recovery and if you are, stating a persons name, (not my name of coarse) please press one, this call is to collect a debt.If you are not, this person's name please press two. The message was repeated like 3 times and a phone number was given to call which I did after making sure the call wasnt coming through my phone, which I do have connected to my car. I looked at my phone and there was no incoming call. As far as I knew my car was no equipped with a system like onstar or the Infiniti personal assistant, I have all the bells and whistles that can possibly come with this car, navagation, all hands free...How can I get more info or can someone tell me what section in the owners manual I can look at. When I called this Stellar Recovery, I just told them that I was not the person they were looking for, but it never dawned on me to ask what number they called, not that they would have told me anyway... I have been to the Infiniti website and looked through the manual, I sent an e-mail to the Infiniti Personal Assistant customer service people, but have not heard back yet.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:49 PM
weird60625

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i thought halloween is over
jk its weird anyway
Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 PM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Way too early for April's Fool my dude LOL
Old 11-14-2012, 07:06 PM
ilovemyg37

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by stacipolonski
I purchased a 2010 G37 vert last April, I hesitate asking this question becasue I am going to sound crazy, BUT today driving, radio on, heading back to work when my radio stops playing and a voice says, This is Stellar Recovery and if you are, stating a persons name, (not my name of coarse) please press one, this call is to collect a debt.If you are not, this person's name please press two. The message was repeated like 3 times and a phone number was given to call which I did after making sure the call wasnt coming through my phone, which I do have connected to my car. I looked at my phone and there was no incoming call. As far as I knew my car was no equipped with a system like onstar or the Infiniti personal assistant, I have all the bells and whistles that can possibly come with this car, navagation, all hands free...How can I get more info or can someone tell me what section in the owners manual I can look at. When I called this Stellar Recovery, I just told them that I was not the person they were looking for, but it never dawned on me to ask what number they called, not that they would have told me anyway... I have been to the Infiniti website and looked through the manual, I sent an e-mail to the Infiniti Personal Assistant customer service people, but have not heard back yet.
maybe its hands free texting. some phones do that as a feature, and its just like you described, your minding your business and then the text message is read to you by the car. maybe check your text messages to see if you have one that matches what the voice said.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:31 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Subbed. This is interesting.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:07 AM
stacipolonski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe the owner before me had a "onstar" type of program and when they didnt pay the bill the "onstar" system was turned on for relaying the message over my speakers. I have the capibility for an "onstar" type of system in my car, so the collection agency that called has a deal to turn it on to relay messages for people who dont pay their bills!!!!!