FML! Got rear-ended

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Mike888

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FML! Got rear-ended

So I thought this would never happen to me but while driving home from work today, I got rear-ended by a girl driving a BMW 325 because she was holding her dog The damage wasn't too bad, her front license plates left indentations on my rear bumper. Since I have a clear bra on my rear bumper, the paint wasn't really damage. So after taking it to two body shops, I got two estimates fairly close to each other (about $1300 to replace the rear bumper cover). The other driver said she wants to pay out of pocket if the cost aren't too high (I still got her insurance and driver info and reported the accident). She told me to call her tomorrow because she's working late tonight but I thought I give her a heads up so I left her a voice mail earlier telling her the prices I got from the two places. I'm going to give her another call tomorrow but in a situation like this, how long should I wait before contacting my insurance if she does not get back to me? Here's also some pics of the damage (apparently to replace it cost about the same as repairing it):

FML! Got rear-ended-photo.jpg
FML! Got rear-ended-photo-1-.jpg
Old 06-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
I feel an aftermarket bumper/diffuser coming soon.

Glad ur ok.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:35 PM
ColesAircraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattster
I feel an aftermarket bumper/diffuser coming soon.

Glad ur ok.
I hear that! When I hit a piece of tire rubber w/ my M3 and it damaged the front spoiler - it started. Six months later I had a full wide body kit and my wife had a conniption. This is how it begins!

Glad you're okay, too.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Rad_Slinger

Oh ya. If she doesn't answer your call tomorrow or doesn't return it by tomorrow night, call her insurance. Don't wait to do it.

Then after you call her insurance, just give her a courtesy call to let her know in the interest of being nice.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Mike888

Thank you for you concerns. The damage was minor but I did feel some soreness earlier (gone now). I hope she answers tomorrow cause she seems like a nice and honest person--although I could be wrong. I'm going to call her tomorrow morning and if by evening I do not get a call back, I'm going to contact my insurance company and have them deal with her insurance.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:21 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
That's too bad about the crash. Good thing no one was injured. What was her excuse??? She didn't see you?

Being on a bike, rear end collisions are a constant concern. I'll usually keep tapping my brake until whatever vehicle behind me comes to a complete stop. Also, not very possible with the car, but I stop at the far edge of the lane. If I see someone behind me hurling towards, I'll lane split.

Was she hot at least? Maybe she can offer something else too....
Old 06-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Mike888

Originally Posted by Jsolo
That's too bad about the crash. Good thing no one was injured. What was her excuse??? She didn't see you?

Being on a bike, rear end collisions are a constant concern. I'll usually keep tapping my brake until whatever vehicle behind me comes to a complete stop. Also, not very possible with the car, but I stop at the far edge of the lane. If I see someone behind me hurling towards, I'll lane split.

Was she hot at least? Maybe she can offer something else too....
Well she was distracted by her dog, which she was holding while driving. And to answer your question...yes she was actually very hot (hope she doesn't find this thread and read this). But anyway, I called her this morning and left another voice mail, she called me back after 30mins or so and said she wanted insurance to take care of it instead. So I called my insurance (Allstate) to report the claim and to my surprise, they gave me two choices: (1) I pay my deductible and have my insurance pay to repair the car then pursue the other driver's insurance for the money; or (2) I call the other driver's insurance myself and report it to them and hopefully have them accept the liability (assuming the other driver reported it and didn't make up stories). Can't believe this, when I had Progressive a few years back, a claim adjuster handled everything from calling the other party's insurance to making sure I received payment. Not even sure why I'm paying Allstate sigh...
Old 06-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Rad_Slinger

Originally Posted by Mike888
Well she was distracted by her dog, which she was holding while driving. And to answer your question...yes she was actually very hot (hope she doesn't find this thread and read this). But anyway, I called her this morning and left another voice mail, she called me back after 30mins or so and said she wanted insurance to take care of it instead. So I called my insurance (Allstate) to report the claim and to my surprise, they gave me two choices: (1) I pay my deductible and have my insurance pay to repair the car then pursue the other driver's insurance for the money; or (2) I call the other driver's insurance myself and report it to them and hopefully have them accept the liability (assuming the other driver reported it and didn't make up stories). Can't believe this, when I had Progressive a few years back, a claim adjuster handled everything from calling the other party's insurance to making sure I received payment. Not even sure why I'm paying Allstate sigh...

Same thing happened t me when I had my maxima and got RE'd. Pocketed the cash and traded it in for my G. Put the money into intake and sways haha...never even fixed the max.

Just call the ins company yourself. Get it adjusted, then find the most expensive place to fix your car.remember...it's your RIGHT to have it fixed where yu choose.

GL!

Last edited by Rad_Slinger; 06-16-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:10 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Glad your OK.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:59 AM
stoutg37s

Originally Posted by Mike888

I feel you bro I got rear ended a week after I put my magnaflow on by an old guy it sucks but it doesn't look that bad good luck man