A question for you G37 Convertible owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 01:02 PM
ssellon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have '11 vert love it but my trunk is noise riddin. over my right rear window there is a rattle upon a pothole hit. Anyone have this hate takin into dealership
Old 03-29-2012, 02:11 PM
_tjp_

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If it takes a rough patch of road or potholes to cause the noise/rattles - then that is one thing. My concern is if it has this condition on what can be termed "regular" roads. Which is sounds like from this thread that it shouldn't and if it does it can be fixed by the bulletin.

I plan on test driving the 335i this weekend. Though at an extra $10K it will have to really impress me.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:14 PM
lier200a

Have you considered/test driving any other vehicles?
Old 03-30-2012, 05:43 PM
_tjp_

Originally Posted by lier200a
Have you considered/test driving any other vehicles?
I have looked into Audi and even the Mercedes C series. But they aren't quite what I'm looking for. It's now prety much down to the G37 and 335i. Do you have any suggestions?
Old 03-30-2012, 06:02 PM
lier200a

Me, personally, I would stay away from BMW. If I was gonna lease a vehicle, I'd consider the 335i but I bought the G37 for the long run. Just due to reliability and maintenance costs. Not trying to be biased, just speaking from personal experience.

I also enjoy modding my car so that extra $10k could be put towards some modding work or even a nice vacay!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:53 PM
_tjp_

Originally Posted by lier200a
Me, personally, I would stay away from BMW. If I was gonna lease a vehicle, I'd consider the 335i but I bought the G37 for the long run. Just due to reliability and maintenance costs. Not trying to be biased, just speaking from personal experience.

I also enjoy modding my car so that extra $10k could be put towards some modding work or even a nice vacay!
I had a 1999 BMW Z3 for 6 years and not a thing went wrong with it. Maybe that was because it was made in the USA
But, that was my experience. I friends that have had problems with their bimmer. It also comes down to the local dealer. For me, the local BMW dealer has a very bad yelp rating. Infiniti's dealership has a better rating. So, that counts for something too.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Ropeden
Registered Member

I own a 2009 g37v and I just love it... no issues that have been discussed here. It is the best looking hardtop convertible you can buy with great power and reliability from Infinity. Go with the convertible, you want regret it.... Den
Old 04-02-2012, 12:05 PM
lier200a

Originally Posted by _tjp_
I had a 1999 BMW Z3 for 6 years and not a thing went wrong with it. Maybe that was because it was made in the USA
But, that was my experience. I friends that have had problems with their bimmer. It also comes down to the local dealer. For me, the local BMW dealer has a very bad yelp rating. Infiniti's dealership has a better rating. So, that counts for something too.

Totally agree with the dealership "cooperation." The BMW dealership sales staff was great and all but the service people were terrible. Charged you for everything. Then again, dealerships vary by location too.

Infiniti dealership in Regina was top-notch in terms of the service department. They only charged me the basic maintenance like oil-changes. Everything else was fixed for free. Calgary Infiniti charged me for everything. Definitely makes an impact on my next car purchase. Probably wouldn't buy another infiniti if I live in Calgary but definitely buy in Regina. Best staff ever!

Just wanted to add, we're suppose to get loaners for services... in calgary, you have to book weeks to months in advance. In regina, if you didn't book one but ended up needing one, they let you "test drive" a car as a loaner. Don't know what its like elsewhere.