G37 Convertible Supercharged (500 HP) Unique G37 Body Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
500 flywheel horsepower sounds right.
Ahh ok maybe but who the hell measures that except the manufacturer?
Old 01-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^ not that I know of. Maybe he's going off by what GTM listed on their site. Would like to see some DYNO numbers as well. Also, what stage SC would help too.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:19 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Only things I haven't seen before are the hood scoops, giant wing, and side markers....and to be bluntly honest, I could have gone without seeing them....I don't like any of them???
Old 01-24-2012, 10:00 PM
khalifa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello My Dear Friends,

thanks again for being straight forward in your comments, Just Make things Clear ; Engine is Almost 500 HP wheel is 420 HP, this is the maximum that I can get to keep 7AT Transmission Working. If I Go Little Bit Further the Transmission Wont Handle it. (Transmission is already Tuned )

Our Country is very strike in Modifying Japanese Cars and the Cops Can smell any engine modification from a mile away. Therefore, The engine bay will look pretty normal for you but it holds a lot of items in there. Once i get back to home I will definitely send you more pics for both engine bay and Exhaust control valve system ECV.

SC is stage 1 GTM ( Rotrex)

The SC was the major project, i got it installed when the vehicle made 7000 millage Only !!! I could not wait !!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:48 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Not sure I'm a fan of anything beyond the SC kit but reading through the thread I understand why you chose some of these mods. You definitely pieced together some interesting parts to make you Vert unique. Props to that!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:05 AM
BrianSF-GA

Originally Posted by Kidcane
Ahh ok maybe but who the hell measures that except the manufacturer?
.... many engine builders also measure bhp, but, unless the engine was a "crate motor" or built out of the car and engine dyno'd, bhp would be only an estimate.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:48 AM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
That's what I got was 500bhp and that was a canned tuned. Going for a custom tune this spring and we will see where it goes. GLAD to see another vert supercharged.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:17 AM
BrianSF-GA

Originally Posted by Fezzik
That's what I got was 500bhp and that was a canned tuned. Going for a custom tune this spring and we will see where it goes. GLAD to see another vert supercharged.
500 bhp???? So your engine was out of your car and you (or someone else) mounted it on an ENGINE dyno to determine the bhp of the engine? That is the only way you are going to measure bhp (brake horsepower).
Old 01-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Fezzik

Here is apost from another forum that GTM posted that does the math for you. This is NOT directed towards you but another poster in another forum.

""""I'm not sure if you're familiar with mathematics or not, but he is very clearly making 500hp. We advertise our supercharger as brake horsepower (aka at the flywheel) due to the wide variation in chassis dynos. You see, the OP posted some very useful information that you chose to ignore...namely, his stock dyno graphs on the same dyno.

So, this is where 5th grade level math comes into play...ready?

The OP made 278 whp (that's the average of the four runs posted) with his stock car. Assuming that his car was making the Nissan advertised 332bhp we can divide 278 by 332 to find out that 84% of the power is making its way to the wheels (according to the dynojet).

Now, let's take the average of the four supercharged runs which is 417whp. Now we can divide that number by 84% and guess what we get?

An average of 498 crank horsepower. Sure, 2hp less than our advertised 500bhp, but as you can see from the four runs, it is well with the standard deviation from pull to pull.

No nitrous required for our supercharger kit to make the advertised horsepower...also, no cats were harmed during testing."""""
Old 01-27-2012, 03:28 PM
BrianSF-GA

Originally Posted by Fezzik
Here is apost from another forum that GTM posted that does the math for you. This is NOT directed towards you but another poster in another forum.

""""I'm not sure if you're familiar with mathematics or not, but he is very clearly making 500hp. We advertise our supercharger as brake horsepower (aka at the flywheel) due to the wide variation in chassis dynos. You see, the OP posted some very useful information that you chose to ignore...namely, his stock dyno graphs on the same dyno.

So, this is where 5th grade level math comes into play...ready?

The OP made 278 whp (that's the average of the four runs posted) with his stock car. Assuming that his car was making the Nissan advertised 332bhp we can divide 278 by 332 to find out that 84% of the power is making its way to the wheels (according to the dynojet).

Now, let's take the average of the four supercharged runs which is 417whp. Now we can divide that number by 84% and guess what we get?

An average of 498 crank horsepower. Sure, 2hp less than our advertised 500bhp, but as you can see from the four runs, it is well with the standard deviation from pull to pull.

No nitrous required for our supercharger kit to make the advertised horsepower...also, no cats were harmed during testing."""""
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree that there are alot of variations between chassis dynos especially when comparing a DynoJet to a Mustang dyno and associated "correction factors". But, there are similar variations when using advertised manufacturers' bhp as your base number as well. The key word in your posted quote is "assuming". I have always had the opinion that a "mod" should be advertised as hp increase in lieu of claimed bhp or rwhp. Therefore, if a particular car was down or up on power from many, many different variables, the advertised claim would be much more reliable.

Your mod(s) yielded 430 rwhp with a can tune. As long as you use the same dyno, same tuner, same air conditions, etc., you will be able to see where a tuner can take your power using a "real" baseline. I just prefer seeing rwhp because that is a number that was actually measured. To me, calculating based on advertised bhp leaves too much as a variable. What kind of variations do these engines have from the factory? I surely do not know, but it is a key point in this calculation. Remember the 60's/70's factory hp claims to thwart the insurance companies? Remember Ford's 1999 SVT Cobra debacle? There were claims of some of the Cobras were down as much as 50 horsepower.

I guess, all and all, it is all relative and a very opnionated debate.

Nevertheless, you are making good power out of a 3.7-V6!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Fezzik

Well. i'm just saying that is where teh 500 hp is coming from and its achieveable. I dont base it off of bhp i go off of rwhp and that's why that is what is in my sig.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:02 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Looks good! I like how you tried to be different.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:53 PM
khalifa

Gents you have a wide information of HP,WHP and BHP. For me, all what i know is that i hava GTM Stage 1 SC and my Dyno Final Runs Gave me Around 420 WHP Accrding to what the technicains claimed and dyno results. Nevertheless, i am happy with her power and i WISH If i can put my hands on the Gear Valve Body Upgrade for the 7AT so i can increase this power and be on the Safe Side Away from gear sliping and similar gear failure issues.

thanks again for all who posted their comments on this thread i hope i brought some thing new and beutiful to you guys.

I will be onshore very in the next couple of days and i will post some intresting details of how i tackled the heat problems with very helpful methods.

Regards
Old 01-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Fezzik

Looking forward to that writeup
Old 01-28-2012, 02:39 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Nice project you got going. Which shop in UAE installed and tuned it? And how did you come to the conclusion that 420hp is what the 7at can handle?

Quick Reply: G37 Convertible Supercharged (500 HP) Unique G37 Body Mods