Vert Spoiler Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 01:48 AM
NoMoneyNoHoney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vert Spoiler Question

Looking to buy and install the the OEM spoiler for my vert. If it's the same install as the one I had one my coupe, and if I'm not mistaking, I believe you have to drill holes in the trunk. Does this mean I will have to replace my trunk when I return my lease or can I return my lease with the spoiler since it's OEM and not get charged?
Old 01-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Mike888

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NoMoneyNoHoney
Looking to buy and install the the OEM spoiler for my vert. If it's the same install as the one I had one my coupe, and if I'm not mistaking, I believe you have to drill holes in the trunk. Does this mean I will have to replace my trunk when I return my lease or can I return my lease with the spoiler since it's OEM and not get charged?
Well since it's OEM you "should" be able to return you lease with it. If not, you can always change it back to the chrome "third brake light" (I think that's what the mini spoiler is called) since it will cover the holes you drill.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:57 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike888
Well since it's OEM you "should" be able to return you lease with it. If not, you can always change it back to the chrome "third brake light" (I think that's what the mini spoiler is called) since it will cover the holes you drill.
2 of the 4 holes required for installation of the new spoiler will not be covered if the original chrome lip is replaced. Once you add the new one it needs to stay on the car.

As for returning at lease end - I am planning on returning my Vert with the spoiler and don't expect any issues since the new spoiler is (a) OEM and (b) and upgrade to the standard equipment and actually adds value. In fact, I would be surprised if it is even questioned at lease turn in and likely the inspector won't even notice it didint come on the car from the factory. I would treat it like tint - once installed, it gets returned at lease end with it on - NO ISSUES!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Texnician

Originally Posted by bschurr
2 of the 4 holes required for installation of the new spoiler will not be covered if the original chrome lip is replaced. Once you add the new one it needs to stay on the car.

As for returning at lease end - I am planning on returning my Vert with the spoiler and don't expect any issues since the new spoiler is (a) OEM and (b) and upgrade to the standard equipment and actually adds value. In fact, I would be surprised if it is even questioned at lease turn in and likely the inspector won't even notice it didint come on the car from the factory. I would treat it like tint - once installed, it gets returned at lease end with it on - NO ISSUES!
Actually on the 2011 model you only have 2 holes to drill and the chrome piece will cover them but I agree with bschurr... it's like window tint, leave it on unless you want to keep it for some reason. It should have been standard, the goofy antenna was a dumb idea.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:47 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

If your looking for a vert spoiler, let me know.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:44 AM
allameriboy

I put in a custom sub and alpine amp with my sedan. Returned at the dealership for trade and they totally wanted it! Adds unique upgrade sell point in a used market. Of course this knocked off a few extra $$ when haggling happens for a new Infiniti! The good question is if your not going back into one of their vehicles is there any value or charge?
Old 01-26-2012, 11:15 AM
rrao88

Originally Posted by ImStricken
If your looking for a vert spoiler, let me know.
i'm looking for a vert spoiler. Any ideas where I can get a good deal?
Old 01-26-2012, 04:49 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rrao88
i'm looking for a vert spoiler. Any ideas where I can get a good deal?
take a look at my signature. im an official forum supplier of spoilers
Old 01-27-2012, 04:17 PM
rrao88

i feel like a moron now but thanks haha, ill take a look!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:35 PM
rrao88

I just called my local dealer and they told me they stopped making the OEM spoiler for the verts because it is too heavy...And that if I got it installed it would void any remaining warranty on the car
Old 01-31-2012, 02:48 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

I just called my local dealer and they told me they stopped making the OEM spoiler for the verts because it is too heavy...And that if I got it installed it would void any remaining warranty on the car
i just called my infiniti dealer and they said it wont void your warranty.
i have no idea what person you spoke to, and their level of knowledge.

at worst case scenario, i would treat this just like if you install some after-market part, your warranty is NOT automatically shot, unless that part is the reason things went bad.

AND I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A SPOILER VOIDING THE "ANY" REMAINING WARRANTY ON THE WHOLE CAR. total BS.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:51 PM
Mike888

^^Agreed. I got my spoiler installed by dealer and I still got my full warranty. As for it being "too heavy." its total BS. If you hold the original chrome piece and antenna on one hand and hold the OEM spoiler on the other, you will barely notice a difference. I think some dealerships just flat out lie to their customers--my first Infiniti dealership said I would void my warranty if I put aftermarket bulbs in my car (LOL). I'd say go to a different dealership if you can.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:05 PM
rrao88

Just a follow up, I called another dealer and they said they would install it for me. Now i just have to grab one ASAP! thanks for the help.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Mike888

Just a follow up, I called another dealer and they said they would install it for me. Now i just have to grab one ASAP! thanks for the help.
PM ImStricken, looks like vert spoiler prices are at an all time low!
Old 02-15-2012, 12:43 AM
Kitman

Does anyone know where I can buy one for a good price?
I'm looking for the sapphire shadow with navigation for a 2012 and nobody on eBay has it
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Vert Spoiler Question