Mods4cars black friday deal 15% off smarttops, 11/25/11 only

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 01:14 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Mods4cars black friday deal 15% off smarttops, 11/25/11 only

For those contemplating pulling the trigger on this. I just did. 40+ bucks saved.

https://www.facebook.com/mods4cars
Old 11-26-2011, 02:26 AM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks. I ordered one!
Old 11-26-2011, 11:21 AM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by Fezzik
Thanks. I ordered one!
Good deal!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Texnician

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Be Aware of One Thing

I love this mod and wouldn't be without it but it does have one annoying drawback. Only the rear windows come up with the top. After loading up the golf cart it would sure be convenient (and impressive) to keyfob the top up and drive off but instead I have to get in the car, start it and sit there while it comes up so I can finish by raising the front windows. There once was talk that Mods4Cars was looking into this but an email recently asking for how things might be progressing has not been answered.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:40 AM
bembowe
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Texnician
I love this mod and wouldn't be without it but it does have one annoying drawback. Only the rear windows come up with the top. After loading up the golf cart it would sure be convenient (and impressive) to keyfob the top up and drive off but instead I have to get in the car, start it and sit there while it comes up so I can finish by raising the front windows. There once was talk that Mods4Cars was looking into this but an email recently asking for how things might be progressing has not been answered.
i figured out an alternative to raising the front window that doesnt make you have to start the car and raise the front windows

After the rear windows are closed, simply insert the key on the drivers side key **** and turn anti-clockwise. the front windows will rise up.

Even though its not perfect, it prevents me from having to start the car just to get front windows up. I actually use it a lot. For example as am parking the car, i let the top close and just turn off the engine when am done parking. if the top is still closing, I just use the key to up the windows up.

You guys should give it a try.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:28 PM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by bembowe
i figured out an alternative to raising the front window that doesnt make you have to start the car and raise the front windows

After the rear windows are closed, simply insert the key on the drivers side key **** and turn anti-clockwise. the front windows will rise up.

Even though its not perfect, it prevents me from having to start the car just to get front windows up. I actually use it a lot. For example as am parking the car, i let the top close and just turn off the engine when am done parking. if the top is still closing, I just use the key to up the windows up.

Good tip!
Old 12-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Texnician

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bembowe

Not a bad idea. I was doing the "start the car" method because it also had the benefit of not straining the battery during top up. While this is not necessary, if it's going to be a multiple step preceedure... might as well. The golf course is about the only situation where I have this because I arrive with clubs in the back seat. Most times I'm using the top up as you go feature (also fantastic) as I approach my parking spot. I sure hope there is a solution to this.
Mean time I'll start using your method. No biggy now since top down days will be few till spring.