AC Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 01:40 PM
newspider4re
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC Problem?

Wondering if anyone has had this problem. I started the car the other day and turned the AC on. It showed that the AC was on (on the nav screen and the button was lit). No cool air came out for a good 10 minutes. all of a sudden it just started blowing cool air (no sounds of the compressor kicking on or anything)

this is the second or third time this happened, the last time it stayed off the longest.

thank in advance
Old 09-29-2011, 08:32 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by newspider4re
Wondering if anyone has had this problem. I started the car the other day and turned the AC on. It showed that the AC was on (on the nav screen and the button was lit). No cool air came out for a good 10 minutes. all of a sudden it just started blowing cool air (no sounds of the compressor kicking on or anything)

this is the second or third time this happened, the last time it stayed off the longest.

thank in advance
It depends what the OS temp was... It is normal when you start the car after it's been parked for 12 hrs or more, the radiator coolant has to reach operaiong temp before AC kicks in..
Old 09-29-2011, 08:35 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by newspider4re

thank in advance
Sorry - never had that issue and a big delay like that is not normal. I believe that there is a sensor that will delay the AC from blasting hot air upon start up but the compressor should deliver cold air in under 60 seconds not 10 minutes. I suspect that you refrigerant may be low or the sensor is being a little temperamental. I think a trip to the dealership service department is in order...