Has anyone used the SmartTop

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 05:54 PM
JAHansen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone used the SmartTop

Has anyone here bought a SmartTop controller from mods4cars. It allows you to raise and lower the top on the G37 convertible from the key fob. It looks to me from the installation manual that it plugs directly into the wiring harness with no cutting/wiring.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this and what your experience was. Also, how difficult did you find going behind the back seats to make the mod.

Thanks,

John
Old 07-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum John. Your thread has been moved form the DIY forum to the Convertible forum.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:56 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by JAHansen
Has anyone here bought a SmartTop controller from mods4cars. It allows you to raise and lower the top on the G37 convertible from the key fob. It looks to me from the installation manual that it plugs directly into the wiring harness with no cutting/wiring.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this and what your experience was. Also, how difficult did you find going behind the back seats to make the mod.

Thanks,

John
Welcome aboard! Check out this thread.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-con...door-step.html

The smarttop is new for the vert, so it came up pretty quickly in the search. It's not the best but it works for recent threads vs relevant threads.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by JAHansen

Thanks,

John
Pretty cool toy, but the back seat is a tight fit. Would help a lot to have some holding back the side "console" as you endlessly tug at the factory wiring.