Top wont open?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Mike888

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Top wont open?

Hey all, Im kinda stuck here so was wondering if anyone can share some insight on my situation. So this morning I noticed there a pop noise coming from the top as it retracts. Curious, I tried to find out where the noise was coming from so I open and closed the top around 4 or 5 times. Then when tried to open the top again, it saids on my dashboard "roof closed" even though I was holding the "open" button. Right now the top is close and it doesn't matter which button i press (open or close) the top would not operate and the dash continued to say "roof closed." Does anyone know what is going on here? Did i screw up the computer or something by constantly opening and closing the top? Any thoughts?
Old 07-07-2011, 05:32 PM
stevelam

try closing the trunk lid, when u open and close sometimes the trunk lid does not close properly and wont let the roof operate.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Mike888

Thanks stevelam for your reply. I actually found out what happened. I read the owner's manual and it said "if RHT (retractable hard top) is opened and closed repeatedly in a short period of time, it may stop moving to protect the RHT motor. Wait for approx. 20 mins before operating the RHT again." So basically it was a safety mechanism for my stupidity. Well at least now people who reads this knows what will happen if they repeatedly close and open their tops.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:41 PM
xwoodbutch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike888
Thanks stevelam for your reply. I actually found out what happened. I read the owner's manual and it said "if RHT (retractable hard top) is opened and closed repeatedly in a short period of time, it may stop moving to protect the RHT motor. Wait for approx. 20 mins before operating the RHT again." So basically it was a safety mechanism for my stupidity. Well at least now people who reads this knows what will happen if they repeatedly close and open their tops.
This happened to me!! I finally did what you're suppose to and that's to read the owners manual!! he he Enjoy your new toy
Old 07-07-2011, 11:09 PM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeah....You're burning the motor up...
Old 07-09-2011, 09:28 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike888
Hey all, Im kinda stuck here so was wondering if anyone can share some insight on my situation. So this morning I noticed there a pop noise coming from the top as it retracts. Curious, I tried to find out where the noise was coming from so I open and closed the top around 4 or 5 times. Then when tried to open the top again, it saids on my dashboard "roof closed" even though I was holding the "open" button. Right now the top is close and it doesn't matter which button i press (open or close) the top would not operate and the dash continued to say "roof closed." Does anyone know what is going on here? Did i screw up the computer or something by constantly opening and closing the top? Any thoughts?
wait for 20 minutes and try-- it's a self protection of roof motor.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:13 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
good info!