Auto door unlock?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 09:14 PM
TonyJ5150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto door unlock?

Ive read thru the book, but cant find it.. So I was wondering if you guys could help. When I walk up to the drivers door with the key fob in my pocket, it unlocks my door, but not the passangers. Is there some setting Im missing?

Thanks
Old 04-30-2011, 10:08 PM
thedollardoctor
Awaiting Email Confirmation

First push unlocks driver door, another push right after unlocks passenger door
Old 05-01-2011, 09:39 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TonyJ5150
Ive read thru the book, but cant find it.. So I was wondering if you guys could help. When I walk up to the drivers door with the key fob in my pocket, it unlocks my door, but not the passangers. Is there some setting Im missing?

Thanks
I assume the Vert is the same as my 09 Sedan. On your center monitor hit SETTINGS, then COMFORT & CONV. You'll see the SELECTIVE DOOR UNLOCK option. If it's ON, only one door will unlock at a time. If it's OFF, then all doors will unlock simultaneously.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyMG37x
I assume the Vert is the same as my 09 Sedan. On your center monitor hit SETTINGS, then COMFORT & CONV. You'll see the SELECTIVE DOOR UNLOCK option. If it's ON, only one door will unlock at a time. If it's OFF, then all doors will unlock simultaneously.

Yep My 2010 is this way as well.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:17 PM
thedollardoctor

I think I misunderstood the question. I assumed you meant pushing the rubber button on the door handle. My bad. The other guys are correct.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Poe408

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did the op say that the driver's side door unlocks automatically when he walks up to the door? if so, how do you do this? i have to his the button on my door handle to unlock the door(s). is there any way to make it unlock the door automatically when the key fob comes within range?
Old 05-02-2011, 12:46 AM
thedollardoctor

Poe, I don't think that's possible. I thought that was what he was talking about, but after reading through the entire manual on the key fob, I think he meant pushing the rubber button on the door handle.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:11 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyMG37x
My 09 Vert has this setting as welll.

Originally Posted by Poe408
did the op say that the driver's side door unlocks automatically when he walks up to the door? if so, how do you do this? i have to his the button on my door handle to unlock the door(s). is there any way to make it unlock the door automatically when the key fob comes within range?
My Volvos with keyless entry work this way. No need to push any buttons. The car knows when you are inrange and (with the fob in your pocket) you just pull the handle open & viola. When I got my Vert, Iwas a little disappointed that it didnt work this way...
Old 05-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Dont forget the fact that most push button/keyfob cars Ive seen also have auto LOCK, so once the fob is out of range for a certain amount of time the doors will lock by themselves.

REALLY wish our cars had that. I wonder if the M does.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:12 PM
bitNine

My last 2 cars, you just touched the inside of the handle, and the door would unlock. It's the one big thing I hate about the Infiniti vehicles. My salesman told me it's for reliability and that the touch sensors weren't reliable over time. I'm not sure why they don't have both. I miss it tremendously.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:36 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
only thing i miss is on my lincoln i had a keypad so i could lock the keys in the car and not worry about carring them around if i didnt want to
Old 05-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Trincap

Originally Posted by bitNine
My last 2 cars, you just touched the inside of the handle, and the door would unlock. It's the one big thing I hate about the Infiniti vehicles. My salesman told me it's for reliability and that the touch sensors weren't reliable over time. I'm not sure why they don't have both. I miss it tremendously.
Not that I make a habit of agreeing with car salesmen but on this one I think I do. The M6 I had supposedly did that and I paid for the "smart" entry but the thing literally never worked from day one till the day I turned it in. I was told after the 5th service call that it was "radio interference in the city" (I kid you not). Worked great on my Lexus's but overall, I'd much rather have the little button. It's actually one of the things I purposefully looked for.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Calgarywinger

Originally Posted by bitNine
It's odd because this feature (touch sensor) is standard on my FX 35 but only for the tail gate. With the car locked I just touch the inside of the handle and after a few seconds the gate opens.
The front doors, however, only have the same button as the G.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:46 PM
TonyJ5150

Thanks for all the replies. I am talking about the rubber square on the handle. When I walk up to the car, with the door locked, if I have the fob in my pocket and I push the square rubber button, it will open. But it will not allow the passanger to open their door. I have to walk over to that side, with fob in pocket for it to work. (Im not pushing buttons on the fob) Thanks
Old 05-03-2011, 11:43 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by TonyJ5150
Thanks for all the replies. I am talking about the rubber square on the handle. When I walk up to the car, with the door locked, if I have the fob in my pocket and I push the square rubber button, it will open. But it will not allow the passanger to open their door. I have to walk over to that side, with fob in pocket for it to work. (Im not pushing buttons on the fob) Thanks
INTELLIGENT KEY OPERATION
You can lock or unlock the doors without taking
the key out from your pocket or bag.
When you carry the Intelligent Key with you, you
can lock or unlock all doors by pushing the door
handle request switch (driver’s or front passenger’s)
within the range of operation.

Press driver side rubber button twice to open passenger’s door.

Quick Reply: Auto door unlock?