ARK PERFORMANCE INC: Convertible Grip Exhaust Demand

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Poe408

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just out of curiosity... how difficult is it for ark to measure and fit their exhaust to a new vehicle? is it like MONTHS of work and requires selling hundreds of units in order to recuperate costs? or is it just an afternoon of r&d and a profit can be made after just selling a couple of units?
Old 05-04-2011, 03:58 PM
thedollardoctor
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Poe408
just out of curiosity... how difficult is it for ark to measure and fit their exhaust to a new vehicle? is it like MONTHS of work and requires selling hundreds of units in order to recuperate costs? or is it just an afternoon of r&d and a profit can be made after just selling a couple of units?
Good question Poe!

ARK, wanna ring in here?

They seem to think it won't be much different than their 370z exhaust so I don't think they think it will be too hard to build. I hope we have the chance to find out.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:24 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

We can try the 370z exhaust on. Im thinking there still might be some major exhaust line differences in the transmission area.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:56 PM
thedollardoctor

Originally Posted by ARKperformance
We can try the 370z exhaust on. Im thinking there still might be some major exhaust line differences in the transmission area.
Did you get back to the two guys interested in helping out? User names Beer Magazine and Poe408 have PM'd or called you guys to set up a time to get the ball rolling on this. Have you set a time table for starting the process? There are several of us vert owners excited to get the ARK GRIP exhaust ASAP
Old 05-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Beer Magazine

I popped in to Ark today. They are test fiting some parts.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:40 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Beer Magazine
I popped in to Ark today. They are test fiting some parts.
Good news, thanks for being able to help out!
Old 05-06-2011, 01:44 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
it takes like 2 or 3 days to fit an exhaust...i think it takes something like 30 units sold before they break a profit..

Originally Posted by Poe408
Old 05-06-2011, 03:21 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

Yea. Beer magazine graced us with his presence. We will have to create a demand to get this rolling. We will have to create a new Jig for this exhaust.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Poe408

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ARKperformance
Yea. Beer magazine graced us with his presence. We will have to create a demand to get this rolling. We will have to create a new Jig for this exhaust.
i want it. i will definitely buy if it's made.

maybe you guys can take a deposit or something from people who say they want it so at least it's assurance that you won't get screwed over from people who back out.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Beer Magazine

So I got the good news, and the bad news.

Good news is I stopped in today, unannounced, just to see if they needed the car. They asked if they could throw it on the lift to see what would work. After a couple hours they figured out that they need to create a new convertible exhaust since none of the current combinations will work (mix and match of all the Gs were tried).

So the bad news is it's not just an easy combo, but as described above needs to be a new exhaust for the car. So if you want it done, sign up.

They'll need to use my car for a few days when the get some prototype time.

They were working on their exhaust for the Genesis coupe and it sounded really good!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:00 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
^^ thanks for helping out!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:12 PM
lier200a

AIYA!!! Does that mean prices will go up? I'm willing to commit to make this happen unless the prices are too high...

btw, thanks beer mag for volunteering!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:20 PM
thedollardoctor

Thanks A LOT for stopping by to help out Beer Magazine! We all really appreciate it!

I agree with the other poster who said you guys at ARK should take deposits from those who are willing to pay some up front to help assure you guys don't get screwed over. You can count me in for this as I am holding out for the ARK GRIP exhaust as it is the only one I am interested in at all.

In fact, if you guys end up deciding not to make this exhaust system, I will likely have you guys send me an exhaust and have a local fabrication shop custom make me one with your mufflers and high flow cats at least. I would prefer to have the real thing made by ARK, I'm just trying illustrate to you just how badly I want this exhaust!

Please consider this option as a way to get this done with minimal financial risk. Thanks for everyone who is trying to make this happen for the vert community!
Old 05-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AWESOME. Definitely a step in the right direction guys.

@ARK... what would be the minimum list of potential buyers have to be before this goes into the next step? Would putting a deposit down expedite the process? If you guys let us know specifics, I'm sure we can conjure up some interest on the forums...
Old 05-07-2011, 02:26 AM
Beer Magazine

I'm willing to let them use the car when they need it. I've let companies use my cars before. I had Greddy use my car for a month for Twin Turbo at one point. But I wish it was as simple as a mix and match parts.

Quick Reply: ARK PERFORMANCE INC: Convertible Grip Exhaust Demand