Who else has an Athens Blue Convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Mr Ian B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cvipgo
Well you don't see AB verts either... there are a lot of Pacific Sky Blue in So. Cali but not AB.
Got ya, how about this, 1 have only seen 3 verts in Austin, Texas even though they have an Infiniti dealer in town. I have seen a silver, black and my pacific sky.

Ian B
Old 02-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Mr Ian B

You know the best part of our verts, a lot of people don't notice that they are convertible. I always tell people and they do not notice the seals until I open the top. Love the clean lines by Infiniti and the design that keeps like looking like the coupe.

Ian B
Old 02-04-2011, 03:48 PM
sharkie

Originally Posted by Mr Ian B
Got ya, how about this, 1 have only seen 3 verts in Austin, Texas even though they have an Infiniti dealer in town. I have seen a silver, black and my pacific sky.

Ian B
I just got one of the silver ones in Austin.

There is another vert where I work, it is black and belongs to a person at another company.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:56 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so far there are only 5 AB verts are accounted for
Old 02-08-2011, 12:22 AM
NYCMaxima

Love the G37 vert. Im seeing leftover 2010s going for less than 400 a month!!! Ughh, If I wasnt already in My Maxima.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:38 PM
katfish711

I've got the 2010 Athens Blue convertible too.

Although, sadly, I'm going into my second week without my ride due to it being in the body shop. (I guess somebody decided it looked like it would cost them too much to leave a note after they "redecorated" the rear passenger fender in a parking lot.)

I'm a bit concerned too since the shop claims they had to repaint it after the first try due to problems matching the Athens Blue color...

Hopefully triple A will back me with another repaint if it still doesn't look right...
Old 02-08-2011, 01:45 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by katfish711

Although, sadly, I'm going into my second week without my ride due to it being in the body shop. (I guess somebody decided it looked like it would cost them too much to leave a note after they "redecorated" the rear passenger fender in a parking lot.)

I'm a bit concerned too since the shop claims they had to repaint it after the first try due to problems matching the Athens Blue color...

Hopefully triple A will back me with another repaint if it still doesn't look right...
That's too bad... hope it all works out.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:53 PM
razindabar

Make that 6 ab verts cvipgo. Picked mine up 6 weeks ago, got ur smurf and cant keep from washing it all the time. Lol....love the color.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:09 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by razindabar
Make that 6 ab verts cvipgo. Picked mine up 6 weeks ago, got ur smurf and cant keep from washing it all the time. Lol....love the color.
I did not know you got AB.. nice color and to keep it gr8 my carwash shop uses no rinse wash to clean my vert, it's amazing stuff, check it out the products at:

No Rinse Wash and Shine

Optimum Car Wash
Old 02-22-2011, 10:34 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
All you AB guys need to add to color combo poll in post 1 please

Don't be shy

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-con...-rare-com.html

also if you have not already add to this one also

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-con...d-you-get.html

thanks guys
Old 02-24-2011, 10:51 AM
katfish711

Update: So, after two weeks, I finally got my ride back. The paint match actually was very good. Near perfect, really.

It was interesting though because when I picked it up the owner of the shop told me that if he had it to do over again, he'd simply pass on taking the job. Apparently, the AB color is VERY hard for some shops to match. He said the color code provided by the factory resulted in an obviously poor match with the first attempt. He said they had to have their guys blend way into the door even though there was no damage on the door. That comment was a bit unsettling but nobody I've had examine the car has been able to tell where the damage/paint was done, so I am basically happy with that part of the job.

Sadly, I found new door dings from seatbelt buckles on the passenger side and the shop refused to take any responsibility for them at all. Still debating whether it will be worth my time to file a small claims action against them...
Old 02-24-2011, 11:49 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Update: So, after two weeks, I finally got my ride back. The paint match actually was very good. Near perfect, really.

Sadly, I found new door dings from seatbelt buckles on the passenger side and the shop refused to take any responsibility for them at all. Still debating whether it will be worth my time to file a small claims action against them...
Yes, AB color is VERY hard to match specially with self repairable clear coating on it.

A better solution for you than small claim's court:
You can actually get your inside panels replaced by Infiniti due to seat belts retraction problem, there's service bulletin on this issue.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:34 PM
BHB 91

Originally Posted by sharkie
I just got one of the silver ones in Austin.

There is another vert where I work, it is black and belongs to a person at another company.
My graphite shadow came from the Austin dealership last week. There should be a black one in it's place now from a Dallas dealership. It was one of only 5 that were 6 speeds in the state of Texas and it was exactly what I was looking for.