Potential New owner here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Mhotep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Potential New owner here.

Hey guys. I'm considering getting a vert this weekend. I'm very familiar with Infiniti. Had a '97 Q45, then '03 M45. Best car I've every had was the Q45. The M was a bit of a let done. Currently have a '04 Jag XJ8 and '02 SLK 32AMG, both of which I'm thinking of trading in for the Vert. The jag is a nice ride but for the 3rd time it is in the shop in 9 months, and warranty runs out this month so it has to go. The SLK is solid, I love this little thing. So when looking for cars I had to get another convertible, but want something newer to take advantage of the toys inside cars, bluetooth etc.., but need something reliable. So my eyes turned to the G37 vert. I'm thinking of leasing since will have some negative equity, but will come out clean at the end of the lease.
The car I'm looking at is a '10 Black on Graphite. MSRP 53,175, selling for 47,175. So 6k off MSRP. Don't know what incvoice is. Comes with Premium, Navigation, Tech, Perf tire package.
So overall are owners happy with the car. I haven't seen too many issues when looking at the forum.
Any advise with the lease will be appreciated. Also how does the VPP work, are people able to give out codes.
Thanks for any help that people are able to give. Looking forward to this Saturday.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:55 AM
akochman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drove an '03 Jaguar Vanden Plas for a while when I was younger and loved that car... then I started with Infiniti... I think that you will be quite happy if you decide with the convertible. I honestly think that as far as technology and performance, there really isn't a better bang for your buck than these cars.

I have had my '10 g37s convertible for a about 6 weeks now and I love it... my only real complaint would be that the top is a little slow but I guess that comes with the territory when it is a hardtop that has to cover more than 2 seats.

The car you are looking at really can be a true replacement for both of your current cars since it has the back seat (which is why I am assuming you have the jag) as well as the hard top convertible like the SLK... the 3 G's that I have had seem to be rather problem free and you will hopefully not have the same issues that you have had with an early 2000's jag.

Anyway, I think that you would be very happy with the g37 if you were to get it and if there are any more car specific questions you have, feel free to pm me.

As for VPP, I personally do not know too much about that but there seem to be people on these boards that are generous with those codes every once in a while
Old 01-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Chico

Originally Posted by Mhotep
Hey guys. I'm considering getting a vert this weekend. I'm very familiar with Infiniti. Had a '97 Q45, then '03 M45. Best car I've every had was the Q45. The M was a bit of a let done. Currently have a '04 Jag XJ8 and '02 SLK 32AMG, both of which I'm thinking of trading in for the Vert. The jag is a nice ride but for the 3rd time it is in the shop in 9 months, and warranty runs out this month so it has to go. The SLK is solid, I love this little thing. So when looking for cars I had to get another convertible, but want something newer to take advantage of the toys inside cars, bluetooth etc.., but need something reliable. So my eyes turned to the G37 vert. I'm thinking of leasing since will have some negative equity, but will come out clean at the end of the lease.
The car I'm looking at is a '10 Black on Graphite. MSRP 53,175, selling for 47,175. So 6k off MSRP. Don't know what incvoice is. Comes with Premium, Navigation, Tech, Perf tire package.
So overall are owners happy with the car. I haven't seen too many issues when looking at the forum.
Any advise with the lease will be appreciated. Also how does the VPP work, are people able to give out codes.
Thanks for any help that people are able to give. Looking forward to this Saturday.
You don't have to worry about VPP for a 2010 Vert. Dealers want them gone now, so they're offering prices way below invoice. Go to ZAG.com to find a good deal and point it out to your dealer. I think you can do better than $47K for that car. Where are you located?
Old 01-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Mhotep

I'm close to Greensboro NC
Old 01-20-2011, 08:47 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Agree - I think you can do better than $6k off MSRP.
You are gonna love the G Vert. Great ride, lots of tech toys, hard top & Infiniti reliability.
DO IT!!!

Local NJ dealer (ramseyinfiniti.com) currently advertises a Vert for $399/mo for 36 months - very little down (like typical inception stuff) 8k miles/yr for a $50k MSRP vehicle.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Mhotep

Thanks for the advice with Zag.com There is a deal for one with that adds the sport package for 44,500. Right color combo that I'm looking for but is 3.5 hrs away. Hopefullyy I can bargain with this.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Just so you know. Aug of 2010 I was able to get mine for 43k and it had to be built.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:29 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by bschurr
Agree - I think you can do better than $6k off MSRP.
You are gonna love the G Vert. Great ride, lots of tech toys, hard top & Infiniti reliability.
DO IT!!!

Local NJ dealer (ramseyinfiniti.com) currently advertises a Vert for $399/mo for 36 months - very little down (like typical inception stuff) 8k miles/yr for a $50k MSRP vehicle.
Originally Posted by Fezzik
Just so you know. Aug of 2010 I was able to get mine for 43k and it had to be built.
Just do it, make sure you get the color combo & options you want and don't budge on the price.. it's probably the best time to get G convertible, summer time prices will be higher.
Good luck
Old 01-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Mhotep

Wow. How did you do it?
Old 01-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Fezzik

Ordered mine through ZAG.com and used the american express option.
I paid invoice which is 43k
2010 6MT sport (which automatically comes with premium) and tech
Adding these options increased price:
Illuminated kicks
Splash guards
FIrst aide kit
Wind deflector
Clear bra not the partial coverage, but the full coverage.
interior protection
$46,711
after TT&Land doc fee it comes to 50k
Old 01-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Fezzik

Oh wow. I did the zag thing again and the invoice went up Its now at 45k. Same options and same year. Could that be the dollar taking the hit?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Chico

3.5 hours away is nothing. The best price for this car is in Atlanta, $5500 below invoice. Ends up being about $10K below MSRP. If I was shopping for this car, you bet I would drive 800 miles to go pick it up.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Chico

Oh wow. I did the zag thing again and the invoice went up Its now at 45k. Same options and same year. Could that be the dollar taking the hit?
Yes, Infiniti announced late last year that it would raise prices due to the strong Yen.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:53 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by Chico
Yes, Infiniti announced late last year that it would raise prices due to the strong Yen.
I had mine shipped (as the color combo that I wanted was at dealer 400 miles away) to my house instead of me driving ......the cost of shipping is lot less.. but you need to make sure that you get all the details from the dealer and verify the VIN thru Infiniti customer service as factory options installed.. ... ...
I really had no issues, I bought mine in Aug 2009 and got $5+k of MSRP and all the bells and whistles...

Good lluck either way
Old 02-09-2011, 05:32 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Mhotep, did you get/find a vert?