Installing a OEM Luggage Net in the Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 05:29 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Installing a OEM Luggage Net in the Convertible

Here are few photos for who would like to make use of storage space without sacrificing that you have to keep your roof/top up.
You just need couple of net clips and the net. I can carry enough stuff without rolling around in the under-storage.
Net stays and you can open the roof...

Last edited by cvipgo; 08-26-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:54 PM
NewGMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LMAO, really?
Old 08-26-2010, 08:38 PM
cvipgo
Banned

You probably have spare and can't do this .... this was in response to the luggage man trying to sell bag that fits in this space.

I find this much better & useful than a bag or no net in this space... I bet you a copper plated zinc penny that more of vert users will do this.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:03 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Is that net specifically for the vert? I have one for the 03 G35 sedan, but I don't mind things rolling around back there. I did not realize that there were clips even.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i must have missed the memo that we had a "trunk" when the top is down... hehe
Old 08-27-2010, 05:29 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by Jubbliepuff
i must have missed the memo that we had a "trunk" when the top is down... hehe
yes, it was a secret till now....
Old 08-27-2010, 05:36 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by cereal2k
Is that net specifically for the vert? I have one for the 03 G35 sedan, but I don't mind things rolling around back there. I did not realize that there were clips even.
Sedan's net might work too but I got this net which fits in the G37 coupe, it's shorter than sedan's net. but It might work. I installed the 2 side clips(L & R), back ones are already there.
The net helps a lot ..
Old 08-27-2010, 12:00 PM
jkwcmw

Originally Posted by cvipgo
You probably have spare and can't do this .... this was in response to the luggage man trying to sell bag that fits in this space.

I find this much better & useful than a bag or no net in this space... I bet you a copper plated zinc penny that more of vert users will do this.
I hate to disagree but I saw the email on the Nicoclub forum and thought it was such a great idea that I bought this yesterday. The website is:

Infiniti G37 Convertible Trunk Bag

I think the net is also a great idea for day-to-day stuff but the bag is great if you want an overnight bag for a change of clothes and toiletries. It's not like you're going to carry the net around or bring it into a hotel with all your stuff in it. I have nothing at all to do with roadtrip luggage, I just think it's a great idea. Plus, $49.99 is pretty reasonable for a custom fitted bag.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:36 PM
NewGMan

Originally Posted by jkwcmw
I hate to disagree but I saw the email on the Nicoclub forum and thought it was such a great idea that I bought this yesterday. The website is:

I think the net is also a great idea for day-to-day stuff but the bag is great if you want an overnight bag for a change of clothes and toiletries. It's not like you're going to carry the net around or bring it into a hotel with all your stuff in it. I have nothing at all to do with roadtrip luggage, I just think it's a great idea. Plus, $49.99 is pretty reasonable for a custom fitted bag.
I guess if your luggage is a pool cue
Old 08-27-2010, 04:40 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by jkwcmw

What ever tickles your fancy

... options are always have their pros and cons...
Old 08-31-2010, 06:32 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Actually this looks like wind deflector bag.... the bag that the wind deflector came in fits in this space too...
Old 09-01-2010, 02:36 PM
katfish711

Originally Posted by cvipgo
Actually this looks like wind deflector bag.... the bag that the wind deflector came in fits in this space too...
My wind deflector bag is more rectangular in shape.

Although it can fit in the same space as this luggage, you will have to fold the wind deflector bag in half (which clearly should only be done when the wind deflector is NOT in the bag) before it will fit. Not exactly a practical substitute for something designed to fit within.