Why did you buy your G37 Convertible???

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 05:07 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up Why did you buy your G37 Convertible???

Ok, so I posted this discussion over in the Sedan and Coupe sections, first. But for those of you that rarely visit there, I thought I would ask this here.

Whether you are a new owner or 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc... owner. Why did you buy your G37 Convertible or G- Coupe or Sedan? Was it the value, performance, style or other reason? What other cars have you owned or what other cars did you look at and how does the G compare? What would you tell someone that is a potential buyer of the G series?
Old 08-20-2010, 07:55 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I wanted a modern convertible with decent performance. a hard top and manual transmission and I dont buy German cars. The G Vert was essentially the only choice...

Here is my other Vert

Last edited by bschurr; 08-20-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:33 AM
NewGMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hands down, best looking convertible on the market (well less than $100K) including hard and soft top. Infiniti also still provides the best value in this market.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:17 AM
JGabucci

Originally Posted by NewGMan
Hands down, best looking convertible on the market (well less than $100K) including hard and soft top. Infiniti also still provides the best value in this market.
Agreed.

I got my vert because I already had a coupe, there are a million coupes on the street in my neck of the woods.

The car just looks real sexy, granted it isn't as fast in a straight line as my 6mt was the performance is excellent for a convertible with a whole bunch of pulling power on the highway. Besides why would anyone be concerned about 0 - 60 pulls with the top down anyway?

The way I see it is if you go vert you have the best of both worlds, performance and looks that are real catchy to the eyes. I wish they would make the coupe have a wider rear track, with the top up the car looks very sporty as well.

I looked at the 3 series coupe and sedan as well as the S4. I favored the 335 Sedan over the coupe. Great car, to be totally honest its very plain jane without M Sport package and by the time your done building the car to spec its a fortune that isn't really worth it IMO. As for the Audi, again, i can't see myself paying 650 + a month for a car that when parked along side a regular A4 looks exactly the same!

- Just a side note, I am under 35 and have a full head of hair, lmao..
Old 08-20-2010, 10:56 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Simply the best value over all...
Old 08-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Frankyg37s

sexiest best car i could get for the money i could gather and i got an amazing deal
Old 08-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Calgarywinger

We did a lot of research before buying the G. Compared ratings from web car-sites, checked Consumer reports, check JD Powers and so on.
We liked the Saab cabri but apparently it's the most unreliable car in the market and GM was trying to dump the company. I wouldn't even consider a german car, so that left very little to choose from. That left Lexus and Infiniti in that price range and the G looks way better than the Lexus.
Infiniti rated the highest in consumer reports... never regreted the choice.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:30 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by NewGMan
Agreed. The Ferrari California was out of my budget and this was the next best thing with "4" seats. I also have an 03 G Sedan and was thinking it would be so much better if this was a hard top convertible like the SC430, but better looking.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:19 PM
lier200a

Got a SUPER dam good deal on mine... I was gonna buy the coupe but the dealer gave me the convertible for an even better price and they through in another set of 19" rims with winter tires (I told them i plan on driving it during the winter). And its a hard top and it looks very sporty! so bought it then and there. Loving it.

Saved me a lot of time over choosing which car I should buy. ( i was also considering Acura TL, lexus IS, MB C-class)
Old 08-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Foxwiz

I got the Vert because the Lexus IS250C I purchased last year was a LEMON. In June, Toyota purchased it back from me then I drove the G37vert. World of difference between the vehicles.

I wish I had purchased the G37 last year! Love my car now!
Old 08-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i'll be honest... I actually wanted a coupe at first.. but they didn't have any manual coupes on the lot when i went.. and that's how i ended up with a vert instead...

That, and also when i went to go test drive it.. everybody at the dealer lot was staring me down with jealousy.. and I liked that feeling... and i still do today hehe
Old 08-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Beer Magazine

I got one because it was a good looking car top up and down and honestly...the deal was too good. I had a 335 and BMW couldn't put me in a new car for close to what I got this for. So far it's been good. Some squeaks and rattles, but top down feels good.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Mr Ian B

Because I can and I wanted it.

Ian B
Old 08-26-2010, 01:50 PM
katfish711

It was the closest thing to a real transformer that I could afford.

Beyond that, the value for the HP, features and reputation was superior when compared to how much German car the same money can buy. (I seriously looked at Audi's and BMW's before I pulled the trigger on the G.)
Old 09-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Kat626

Actually when we started test-driving cars a few months ago we were looking for a hybrid SUV. We had a hybrid Civic and wanted something a little bigger/nicer, but still a hybrid. We were pretty set on the Audi Q5, but they've taken so long releasing any information that we gave up on it. On a whim we went and looked at the G convertible about 3 weeks ago and we both fell in love. We knew it was more than we wanted to spend, not what we were looking for and completely impractical, but we did it anyways. And we ended up getting an amazing deal. We considered the IS and 3-series convertibles but we didn't test drive either; the IS looks like a chick-car in my opinion (didn't think the husband would like that too much) and I hate BMW interiors. Going on day 3 with the car and couldn't be happier. I've previously owned the Civic Hybrid, '07 A4 cabrio, '03 Acura TL and '01 Ford Focus. We still have a Mazda CX-7 as our second car.

Quick Reply: Why did you buy your G37 Convertible???