NEW HERE. 09 G37S VERT. Few likes and dislikes.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 03:55 AM
victormrivero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW HERE. 09 G37S VERT. Few likes and dislikes.

Well first of all my vert is moonlight white with the premium, nav and sport package. Some accessories are lighted infiniti logo on the door frames, matching color splash guards and the wind deflector. The car is gorgeous, fast and a head turner. I love the look with the top down or up with all the windows down.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
Dislikes:<o></o>
Tapping noise in the back right<o></o>
When driving bumpy roads I hear like a spring noise like an old fixed up accord<o></o>
My roof got stuck the second week and had to be repaired<o></o>
No cooled seats cause its sport, thats stupid. I live in Miami it was 100 today<o></o>
Last i noticed today was dripping water into the car while it was raining. The water was coming in from the front two corners where the roof meets the windshield frame.<o></o>
<o></o>
<o></o>
Great info on these forums. I will be posting pics of my baby soon. Had it since January and it really is a dream. Hottest vert on the street and most bang for your buck.<o></o>
Old 06-08-2010, 07:26 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats on the new ride & welcome!

I havent experienced any of your problems but, all of your issues have been discussed here but some are still unresolved (I guess that's the cost of early adoption). I suggest that you develop a good relationship with your dealer.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Mikenicco

Welcome.... Post some pics!
Old 06-08-2010, 02:47 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Congrats...and welcome. White verts seem to be the hot color. A few people here have that option.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Beer Magazine

I hear that tapping too. On inspection of the lines under the top there are little plastic ***** on strings that seem to be tensioners for the head liner. It's odd they aren't covered in something to prevent it from vibrating on the top.

The glass seems to leak a little at the seam right at the window frame. I've seen it drop even just in the car wash...complain. They need to redesign the gasket. Seems like it collects it and dumps it in the car.

The cooled seats/sport option is a pile of suck, but I think the '10s have both (But the price of the car went up).
Old 07-07-2010, 10:40 AM
crazysmart

The water comes in from the front two corners where the roof meets the windshield frame in my ride too

Can't wait for the rainy season to start in FL, I might have to bring an umbrella whenever I ride my vert with the top up.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:45 AM
tigercrazy718

no the 10's dont have the cooled seat/sport option
my mom was pissed about that lol
but i gotta hand it to infiniti the air conditioning with the top down is phenomenal. and im in louisiana so its pretty hot
Old 07-09-2010, 07:05 AM
BuckarooVT90

yeah the cooled seats are a godsend!! We've had a little water drip from the passenger side in the same location the far right corner, dripped on my wife... lol. But not too much... only hear the little rattling with the top up... I'm thinking its the rear deck, with the top up you can push it down a little. 3k miles and lots of fun.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:06 AM
cereal2k

The anniversary edition has a sport bumper but the cooled seats, but no sport package (suspension and paddle shifters) I think.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:37 PM
stevelam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the water leaks problem is unbelivable for an infiniti.. not even a nissan 370 has that problem. i never even owned a car that ever leaked water in my life even my old azz 91 accord didnt leak. i wonder if there will be a tsb for this soon
Old 07-09-2010, 07:50 PM
BuckarooVT90

Right the AE doesn't have the sport package (paddle shifters/seats/brakes/suspension). Basically the Premium and Navigation. My bumper is actually more aggressive looking than the Sport bumper, but I also got the Sport side sills.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Foxwiz

I had a problem with the top the first week. A clip came loose on the roof assembly and I couldn't open the roof. Took it to the dealer and within an hour they found the problem and it was fixed.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:18 PM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by victormrivero
Well first of all my vert is moonlight white with the premium, nav and sport package. Some accessories are lighted infiniti logo on the door frames, matching color splash guards and the wind deflector. The car is gorgeous, fast and a head turner. I love the look with the top down or up with all the windows down.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
Dislikes:<o></o>
Tapping noise in the back right<o></o>
When driving bumpy roads I hear like a spring noise like an old fixed up accord<o></o>
My roof got stuck the second week and had to be repaired<o></o>
No cooled seats cause its sport, thats stupid. I live in Miami it was 100 today<o></o>
Last i noticed today was dripping water into the car while it was raining. The water was coming in from the front two corners where the roof meets the windshield frame.<o></o>
<o></o>
<o></o>
Great info on these forums. I will be posting pics of my baby soon. Had it since January and it really is a dream. Hottest vert on the street and most bang for your buck.<o></o>

pics??............
Old 02-09-2011, 08:04 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
C2K -
Do you have a computer virus or are you going through G Vert withdrawal and in Thread Revival mode?
Looks like you are digging up all the oldies...
Old 02-09-2011, 09:42 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
victormrivero welcome to the vert owner's forum.
Good writeup on your vert's pro-cons...

Luckily many of us hasn't experiences any of your cons...

Regardless you will need a good dealer to resolve all the issues with your lovely ride.

Quick Reply: NEW HERE. 09 G37S VERT. Few likes and dislikes.