snake bit top - dings on hard top - pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 11:22 PM
zweetz32

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought mine without noticing it either and they refused to repair it. I bought it out of state so I could not return to the same dealer for repair. They said something was in the trunk and the top went down and that was it. They would not repair it. its been touched up and I don't see anymore damage being done. It's an eye sore but i'll live with it.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Rpfields

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noticed dings on roof and after several trips to dealership with erratic roof performance they would repair, fail again and repair. Alarm going off for no reason, staying on and making the roof inoperable. Spoke with Consumer Affairs and pointed out the dings on the roof could not be caused by something accidentally left in the trunk. I swore that is not how this damage occurred to no avail. Although polite I was denied claiming the dents were caused by operator error. This is such BS that I can say without reservation I've bought my last Infiniti.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:24 PM
Sossybutch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Same Problem

This has happened to my 2010 'vert twice now. The first time was March of 2014 and they told me the same "there was something in the trunk". I never put anything in my trunk; ever. They did end up repairing it though under my original factory warranty.

When I bought the vehicle it had an additional CPO Warranty, but after having so many issues with my top, including leaks, squeaks, gouges in the paint, etc., I decided to fork over the additional $3k for the Infiniti Elite Warranty because I knew I would have more problems and the CPO wouldn't cover the convertible top. Now almost exactly one year later I have the same gouges in the roof. Again, they blamed ME and refused to fix it this time even though I have the top of the line, most extensive warranty coverage they offer. The issue was escalated to Infiniti Consumer Affairs, and after having talked with my service manager, Terry Landry of West Houston Infiniti, I was informed by Russell, the corporate regional manager, that they absolutely will not cover any repairs.

Every car I have ever owned has been a convertible and this is the worst one yet. My Volvo C70 hardtop was so quiet!

Another thing about my other convertibles that has me questioning Infiniti is the fact that all my other vehicles were "smart" enough to recognize when there was something in the trunk that would prevent the top from going down properly. Even going back to my 2005 Saab soft top; If I had anything in the compartment where the top is stored, it would alert me and the top would not go down. It definitely didn't collapse on top of whatever was in there. After so many people having these issues I wonder why Infiniti hasn't equipped newer models with some sort of sensor or scale that can detect and alerts drivers to a problem.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:11 AM
muadib69

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Sossybutch
This has happened to my 2010 'vert twice now. The first time was March of 2014 and they told me the same "there was something in the trunk". I never put anything in my trunk; ever. They did end up repairing it though under my original factory warranty.

When I bought the vehicle it had an additional CPO Warranty, but after having so many issues with my top, including leaks, squeaks, gouges in the paint, etc., I decided to fork over the additional $3k for the Infiniti Elite Warranty because I knew I would have more problems and the CPO wouldn't cover the convertible top. Now almost exactly one year later I have the same gouges in the roof. Again, they blamed ME and refused to fix it this time even though I have the top of the line, most extensive warranty coverage they offer. The issue was escalated to Infiniti Consumer Affairs, and after having talked with my service manager, Terry Landry of West Houston Infiniti, I was informed by Russell, the corporate regional manager, that they absolutely will not cover any repairs.

Every car I have ever owned has been a convertible and this is the worst one yet. My Volvo C70 hardtop was so quiet!

Another thing about my other convertibles that has me questioning Infiniti is the fact that all my other vehicles were "smart" enough to recognize when there was something in the trunk that would prevent the top from going down properly. Even going back to my 2005 Saab soft top; If I had anything in the compartment where the top is stored, it would alert me and the top would not go down. It definitely didn't collapse on top of whatever was in there. After so many people having these issues I wonder why Infiniti hasn't equipped newer models with some sort of sensor or scale that can detect and alerts drivers to a problem.
There is sort of a "sensor". If that little trunk divider is not snapped on, there will be a warning that it cannot close the top without snapping that piece on. This means that you will need to open the trunk and see if there is anything in there before the top goes down.