snake bit top - dings on hard top - pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 01:11 PM
pwlorraine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever they did to fix the problem, it has not recurred in the intervening months. I'm not sure if this is a crap shoot problem that can just happen, or if your car needs to be out of "adjustment" for this to happen.

Peter
Old 09-22-2010, 04:29 PM
psdenno
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went to the dealer with mine this morning. The end result after much discussion was that there is a test that can be done to check the pump and determine if it's moving all of the roof panels properly. The dealership did the test and found a faulty hydraulic pump as the cause of my roof dimples.

New pump is on order and dealer will repair or replace the roof panel. Great service as one would expect from Infiniti.
Dennis
Old 01-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Panamajon

Just saw a link to this thread in one I posted - I'm experiencing the same issue, identical dings on either side above the passenger back seat window.

Gonna take her in this week, the dealership is kinda a pain in the neck for me to get to but I want them to fix it, it bothers me every time I see it.

Anyone else having this problem?
Old 01-30-2011, 03:31 PM
mtlg37

Count me in. I also noticed the 2 dings on my roof. I'll bring it to the dealer this week. I'll keep you up to date.

Update: Brought the car to the dealer, he thinks i left something in the trunk while operating the roof. Unless i'm crazy i don't think this ever happened. He needs to test the roof to make sure the panels don't touch each other in the trunk but with -15 celcius it is not wise to retract the roof, didn't have the time to wait inside. I'll go back in ~ 2 months, hopefully the roof won't retract perfecly when i'm there, it's like a rattle, it never happens at the dealer lol. I hope i won't be dissapointed, i'm still waiting for the day a dealership will professionally and rapidly fix an issue.

Last edited by mtlg37; 01-31-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Panamajon

Any update on this? My dealer blamed me, said I left something in the trunk, though I never had anything in the trunk. Typical dealer bs, they are all shady snake motherfu--ers.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:49 AM
Galloway

Originally Posted by Panamajon
Any update on this? My dealer blamed me, said I left something in the trunk, though I never had anything in the trunk. Typical dealer bs, they are all shady snake motherfu--ers.

I feel ya brother, I have already gotten a quote to get mine fixed and repainted, if the ****z happens again, im getting a lawyer plain and simple
Old 04-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
hmmm something needs to be done about this... I'm thinking about getting my roof painted but I do have these 2 snakebite dings as well that are making me rethink it....

funny thing is that while I was getting my car serviced... I walked around the showroom and one of the convertibles in the showroom had these dings as well! I don't think it's us "accidentally" leaving something in the trunk.... that sounds like dealship B.S.

any newer verts '10 and up having these issues? just curious...

any updates from vert owners on their dealership actually coughing up the repair bill for them??
Old 06-28-2011, 08:17 PM
CPak

Hmm... I just recently found 2 new snake bite dings on top of my roof yesterday.. I too have researched this and noticed this is a growing problem for many g37 verts.. anyone know if the dealers will take responsibility in fixing this issue? or will they continue to make excuses saying its the owners mistake of perhaps placings things in the trunk?
Old 06-29-2011, 04:24 PM
wilbcol

have not seen any on my 2010
Old 07-09-2011, 11:29 PM
2ducs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by wilbcol
have not seen any on my 2010

My 2011 Limited Edition has already been back to the dealer for repair and paint after a sensor failure that created four dents. Car had 3200 miles on it.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:34 PM
iatoner59

Has not happened yet. 2011
Old 07-14-2011, 12:53 PM
iphonekiller

I have them on my 10' vert...def will make an appt in the next month or so to have the dealer check it.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:14 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Nothing on my 2009 .. hope you guys get it fixed.. it has to do with the roof pump - not working right.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Panamajon

I had a lengthy battle with my dealer Holman Infiniti in Ft Lauderdale but after I told them I spoke with customer care in California and would be suing Infiniti corporate, the dealership, the owner of the dealership personally and the salesman personally, they gave in and fixed the snake bite issue.

Took me around three weeks in August and all the while I was driving their loaner. It was an ugly experience but I'm glad I went toe to toe with them and won. While my vehicle was in their shop I also had them fix the rattle issues and now my vert drives like a dream.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Greenboy83

Guys,

This is an interesting read. I recently took ownership of a 2012 G37S vert with 18 miles. By 100 miles and 1 week, I had the dings, symmetrical and on the roof and door pillars. Service at my Infiniti dealership said they'd seen it before, and told me they'd need it for a week to 're-calibrate' the mechanism and repair the dings. FOC obvioulsy. It surprises me that some of you have had so much trouble in getting the dealers to accept liability and repair. It's obvioulsy a known issue/design flaw, and any that try to blame the owner stating misuse (having items in the trunk etc) are idiots.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: snake bit top - dings on hard top - pics