New G37S Convertible - Rattles?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Trincap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, now I have a rattle too. Before it was just creaks from the roof panels but something sounded like it was loose or rattling around in the door. Had my wife drive and listened to the rattle. It was coming from the top right of the windshield where the roof meets up with the windshield frame. Opened and closed the roof a few times and inspected. Better but it still happens. What's with this car?!? I'd be real upset if it weren't for the fact that it is only a 2 year lease and I have 11 months to go. Still, I might bring it in for a looksie. Last time they told me nothing was wrong but they quietly fixed it for awhile. My guess is they put pads or something in there hoping I wouldn't come bother them again. The rattle is something new though. Loose nut or bolt or something???
You know, what bothers me the most here is that this is still a very good car. Electronics are great the look is great and the engine is pretty good. With a sway bar, even the handling is good. Who put it together like such crap? My old M was way better then this. They are going to lose me as a fan of the brand. Not that I'd go back to BMW but maybe Lexus next time.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Galloway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Paul
Update: Infiniti of Gwinnett solved all the roof issues and my car is quiet again. I definitely recommend them for service.
UPDATE: You were absolutely right about roswell infinity they SUCK" i will never take my car back to that place again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 02:37 PM
G37Paul
Registered Member

I'm interested to hear your experience, mine was well documented... Unfortunately for us, it's a long drive to Gwinett. By the way, that probably was me on Houze road.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Galloway

I'm interested to hear your experience, mine was well documented... Unfortunately for us, it's a long drive to Gwinett. By the way, that probably was me on Houze road.
was actually behind you on hwy 9 in route to the dealership monday, and i was you this week on rucker road in the line traffic heading west towards the public. i had this whinng *** guy that drives a saab, i thinks his name was jason
Old 05-20-2011, 06:01 PM
drivefaster

i havent been taking my car to any dealer since back in march. now the roof liner came undone on the back side, and water started to get in at the front-lower corner of the drivers window, when raining. meanwhile, i continue to pay my bill every month.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Galloway

Update: Infiniti of Gwinnett solved all the roof issues and my car is quiet again. I definitely recommend them for service.
n

c pillar are has started to rattle , I want to take it gwinnett do you have a service guys name ?
Old 05-23-2011, 10:32 AM
G37Paul
Registered Member

I worked with Bryce mostly on my top issues, but so far the entire team over there as been great to work with.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:19 PM
capeman

Really glad I found this forum. Purchased a 2010 new G 37s "vert" late last year. Living in New England, didn't use much in the winter...now has 3k miles. From the beginning, a slight vibration noise behind the drivers seat in the corner area where the roof meets the frame. Took the car to dealer last week and rode with tech. He pressed his hand against the liner and noise stopped. He later indicated he needed to order a part. I assume the part is sort of a liner kit or foam piece and may be part of the ITB10-071 noted above? The fix requires him to peel back the liner...he said that was a "pain". I asked if he had done that before...he said one time.

After reading above postings here, I'm concerned about the fix creating other issues. Tech says the fix will take most of the day. I can imagine peeling the liner back might create other issues under the premise that nothing seems to back on the same way it was removed...lol! Any of you have appearance issues or other issues with the liner after similiar service. Would appreciated any re-assurance. Thanks
Old 05-23-2011, 03:41 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by capeman
Really glad I found this forum. Purchased a 2010 new G 37s "vert" late last year. ITB10-071 fix

Would appreciated any re-assurance. Thanks
Congrats & welcome

I had ITB10-07 fix performed on my car couple of weeks ago on my 09. I have no noise or rattle but the tech at my dealer had done many before.. which made my decision easier. good luck.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Trincap

I've found that there are three seperate rattle issues with the car. One is a rat a tat tat. That's the ***** on the cable on the left and right side vibrating and hitting the trunk. It's fixed by wrapping them in foam which the dealer did for me. The second is the creaking from the panels on the top rubbing against each other. That's temporarily fixed by felt put between them but it doesn't last forever and you still get a bit of creaking. The last one sounds like something fell off and is rattling around inside the door but is actually the hinge where the front of the roof meets the windshield. I have no idea how that is fixed. Seriously, the roof of this car gets a 1 out of 10 from me. It's really terrible.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Panamajon

The other day, I heard all the above mentioned when it was very cold. Yesterday, we had a 65 degree day and I had the top down. When I put the top back up, there were no noises except for the occasional creak noise as the temperatures got cold again at night.

It's gong to the dealer today to see what can be done.
40 degrees.... 65 degrees... all irrelevant. I live in Miami and my 2010 G37 vert rattles like a toy car... now the rubber liner from under the trunk is starting to stick out, too. Oh, and the snakebites.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Panamajon

Originally Posted by cvipgo
Take a copy of ITB10-071 for rattle fix to your dealer and see what does he tell you then?

Good Luck
Thanks for the tip, going next Saturday.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Crashless

I'm seriously considering a 2010 G37S Convertible, but after reading this thread I'm having second thoughts.

How widespread and serious is this roof issue? Is it something that everyone here eventually has worked through and been able to fix, or is it something fundamental to the design of the car?

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. I LOVE the idea of this car, especially since I'm in sunny southern California - but it's really not worth fighting a design flaw. I'll just go for the coupe and call it a day.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:30 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by Crashless
I'm seriously considering a 2010 G37S Convertible, but after reading this thread I'm having second thoughts.

How widespread and serious is this roof issue? Is it something that everyone here eventually has worked through and been able to fix, or is it something fundamental to the design of the car?

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. I LOVE the idea of this car, especially since I'm in sunny southern California - but it's really not worth fighting a design flaw. I'll just go for the coupe and call it a day.

Thanks in advance.
These are all minor and can be fixed - I have 09 convertible - OC< calif. No issues.

GO for it. You will love it.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:59 PM
drivefaster

if you are sensitive to noises in your car, i'd advise the opposite. the issue is widespread enough to generate a couple of ITBs. it is a design issue, and their servicing recommendations (foam, lubricant, etc) are pathetic and insufficient. the dealers sort of admit it by saying "it's not just yours, they're all the same". trying to figure out myself the answers to the same questions, i found topics that are pages and pages long on various forums. in my case, there have been at least a dozen attempts to fix the rattles and squeaks on my car; they just didnt work. i found some other people have already been able to get their cars repurchased under the lemon law. unfortunately the convertible top is a real issue for infiniti; they will probably find a better way to do it over time, but for now it is what it is.

Quick Reply: New G37S Convertible - Rattles?!?