Wind deflector

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 05:38 PM
KayC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wind deflector

Hello, This is my first post. As I have only had my G37S vert about 2 weeks. Hope it is not a repeat, I did look and didn't find anything.

Is there an after market wind deflector for the G37S vert? I just think 500$ is ridiculous.

Thank You, KayC
Old 11-22-2009, 09:25 PM
lee anthony

Originally Posted by KayC
Hello, This is my first post. As I have only had my G37S vert about 2 weeks. Hope it is not a repeat, I did look and didn't find anything.

Is there an after market wind deflector for the G37S vert? I just think 500$ is ridiculous.

Thank You, KayC
Totally doubt it... Maybe by Feb. 2010 some company will have one available. $500 is pricey... But I hope the company that do make one, makes it so the deflector sit in a perfect 90 degree angle... Not sure if you noticed, but the factory deflector in it's upright position sits in a funny forward facing position. Just doesn't look right!!!

Last edited by lee anthony; 11-23-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:39 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
i wouldn't really wanna go with an aftermarket piece -- i've seen some that don't' work well in some of the verts out there.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:09 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I dont know if they make one for the G37, but I had a custom one made for my girls SLK. They did custom etching with our college on it and comes with LEDs wired to brake light. Normally very dim while driving and lights up really bright when brakes are pressed.

During the day

While driving normally

When the brakes are on

Old 11-23-2009, 08:10 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I got it here
Mercedes Accessories, Slk Windscreen, SLK Windblocker, Laser Etched Windscreen

I dont believe they make one for the G37 but I am sure you can get them too if you ask.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Calgarywinger

Before you shell out $540 + taxes:
I bought the OEM deflector from Infiniti and used it since August. Here are a few observations:
Pros:
Great for keeping stuff on the back seat from flying out of the car (hats, papers, any light small stuff).
Great for reducing the wind turbulence in the cockpit, enhances the stereo sound quality.
With the windows rolled up, the noise levels are way down
Very easy to install and remove with the roof retracted
Cons:
Will not stay up in high wind/high speed conditions. Gives me a heart attack every time the upright smacks down
Takes a lot of storage space. In fact, it takes all the storage space in the under-trunk area.
If you forget to take it away before closing the roof it becomes an exercise in acrobatics getting the deflector out of the car without potentialy causing damage to the leather seats.
Despite all the above, it's the best option I bought.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Calgarywinger
Before you shell out $540 + taxes:
I bought the OEM deflector from Infiniti and used it since August. Here are a few observations:
Pros:
Great for keeping stuff on the back seat from flying out of the car (hats, papers, any light small stuff).
Great for reducing the wind turbulence in the cockpit, enhances the stereo sound quality.
With the windows rolled up, the noise levels are way down
Very easy to install and remove with the roof retracted
Cons:
Will not stay up in high wind/high speed conditions. Gives me a heart attack every time the upright smacks down
Takes a lot of storage space. In fact, it takes all the storage space in the under-trunk area.
If you forget to take it away before closing the roof it becomes an exercise in acrobatics getting the deflector out of the car without potentialy causing damage to the leather seats.
Despite all the above, it's the best option I bought.
Are you serious? What speed does this happen at?
Old 11-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Calgarywinger

I've had the upright fold back at speeds as low as 120 KM/H if there was either a headwind or a strong crosswind.
With the windows rolled up the deflector stays up much better but then you get no circulation in the car (kind of a waste of a convertible IMHO).
The heart attack comes when I'm grooving along, enjoying the scenery, the wind in my hair and listening to the tunes, then there's this really loud CLACK from behind and it takes a few seconds to realize that no, it wasn't a wheel coming off, it was the stupid deflector
Old 11-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Isn't the point of the deflector to restrict airflow and wind noise in the passenger cabin?

Nissan should have designed it to be sturdier...
Old 11-23-2009, 03:50 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
they know most people will have the windows up at higher highway speeds to utilize the wind deflector.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:27 PM
lee anthony

I've had the upright fold back at speeds as low as 120 KM/H if there was either a headwind or a strong crosswind.
With the windows rolled up the deflector stays up much better but then you get no circulation in the car (kind of a waste of a convertible IMHO).
The heart attack comes when I'm grooving along, enjoying the scenery, the wind in my hair and listening to the tunes, then there's this really loud CLACK from behind and it takes a few seconds to realize that no, it wasn't a wheel coming off, it was the stupid deflector
grooving along, enjoying the scenery, the wind in my hair and listening to the tunes...
Great write-up/sales pitch for the vert! SOLD!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:54 PM
lee anthony

Just saying... I think a wind-deflector do add sex appeal to a convertibles original beauty & not to mention it's a great accessory for its sole purpose. And for the G37C, it kinda gives it the 2 seater roadster look... Heres a few pics of an Aston Martin Vantage Hamann Edition with the wind deflector & 21" Hamann wheels... NICE!!!

Last edited by lee anthony; 05-18-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Calgarywinger

I should mention that it doesn't really matter if the upright piece flops down or not, I like the deflector because it keeps all the stuff in the back seat from flying out or flapping in the wind. When touring with the roof down our luggage is on the back seats and the deflector works very well in keeping a lid on it (so to speak)
Old 11-24-2009, 11:50 PM
xtrema

I should mention that it doesn't really matter if the upright piece flops down or not, I like the deflector because it keeps all the stuff in the back seat from flying out or flapping in the wind. When touring with the roof down our luggage is on the back seats and the deflector works very well in keeping a lid on it (so to speak)
Did you pay the full $750 MSRP for it?

(before everyone has an heart attack, that's in Canadian)
Old 11-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Calgarywinger

No, I bought the deflector when we drove to Seattle shortly after getting the car. They don't charge sales tax for out-of-state orders,cost me US$540, in Aug. the Loonie was at 0.97, so I saved almost $200 bucks, which my wife promptly spent at the Outlet mall on the way back

Quick Reply: Wind deflector