Top up or down with a single press

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Earthdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top up or down with a single press

I have made a request of KPTechnologies regarding bypassing the top down up that you have to hold for 28 seconds. It may sound petty but I am interested and the want to know if there is a market for 20 and they would develop one. Possibly to handle a top down up or down via the Key FOB would be awesome.

KPtechnologies Forums • View topic - Auto Top Up/Down for G37 Convertible

Let me know your thoughts or interest...
Old 10-13-2009, 03:14 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the idea. Much like pressing the unlock button to roll the windows down. Would be nice to press a button from the Fob and the top opens!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:36 PM
DmfG37sTT

along with that they need to find a better way to scroll through your ipod without having to make millions of playlist of pressing the button two million times.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:48 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Earthdog
I have made a request of KPTechnologies regarding bypassing the top down up that you have to hold for 28 seconds. It may sound petty but I am interested and the want to know if there is a market for 20 and they would develop one. Possibly to handle a top down up or down via the Key FOB would be awesome.

KPtechnologies Forums • View topic - Auto Top Up/Down for G37 Convertible

Let me know your thoughts or interest...
I like it and would be interested in getting it. I just installed their Nav Bypass & it is awesome!

I have previously contacted KPTech and requested better access to the Music Box functionality too - preferrably via USB.
-Barry

PS - Did you know that you can hold down the black rubber door lock/unlock thingy on the outside of the door by the handle and it will unroll the windows & eventually the top?
Old 10-13-2009, 11:34 PM
g37vanbc

i am in for sure. one more thing to look at having them add. on my dads Chevy SSR when you put the top up if you hold the roof switch for additional 5 secs the windows will roll up as well. one stop shop from open to close with windows up.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:04 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
they left it to hold it up or down for techs to work on it... also, in case anything falls in between as the top is going up or down, at least you're in control of it.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:58 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My girl can put her top up and down with her Key FOB on her SLK. You should be able to do it with your G37
Old 10-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My dealer told me never EVER open or close the top when the engine is off or to have at least the battery on. They said moving the top up and down will severely drain your battery.. and that they have had the hardtop actually break from putting it up and down too many times in a row without the engine being on.

Is this a false statement?? I haven't even tried opening or closing the top with the comfort access button because of that fact.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:28 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jubbliepuff
My dealer told me never EVER open or close the top when the engine is off or to have at least the battery on. They said moving the top up and down will severely drain your battery.. and that they have had the hardtop actually break from putting it up and down too many times in a row without the engine being on.

Is this a false statement?? I haven't even tried opening or closing the top with the comfort access button because of that fact.
Your dealer is a dumb ass. Like I just said, my girls SLK convertible comes stock with the ability to open and close the top with her key FOB. Also a stock factory option on the VW EOS, Saturn SKY and BMW Z4.

1. How much can you really drain the battery in 30 seconds. Plus your HID headlights stay on longer than that when you turn the car off.

2. There is no difference at all between operating the top with the engine on or off. Your engine does not operate the top.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Calgarywinger

I've used the door button to open the windows and the roof since I got the car, it's a neat feature and hasn't caused any problems with the battery. I wish the fob could do it too...Just imagine the looks from passerbys
Old 10-18-2009, 08:46 PM
IndySalesRep

Originally Posted by Jubbliepuff

What your dealer said is fairly true. Yes, if you put the top up and down several times without the car on, the top will eventually stop moving. But, the battery will never completely drain. Infiniti built the car so you can play with the top all you want with the car off, but there will always be enough battery to start the car. So if you want to put the top down by holding the black rubber button on the handle, you can totally do that.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:48 PM
IndySalesRep

One extra thing to take caution of. Make sure you have at least 18 inches from the rear bumper to work with. If you have your car backed into your garage and put the top down and you are not 18 inches away from an obstruction, the trunk lid will hit it.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:43 PM
KPierson
Banned

I think this would be a great little mod!

I think it would be very doable to open the top from the keyfob (like press "LOCK" then "UNLOCK" and have it lower the windows and then the top.

If we make a "one touch" roof controller you will be able to stop the movement at any time by pressing the opposite button - it won't be a "once it is tripped it runs until it times out" setup - it will be intelligent and very similar to how the OEM would work if they made it.

The keyfob module would be around $59.99 and would include the ability to close the windows from the keyfob (not sure about the top, if you hold the key in the "LOCK" position for an extended time will it close the top?)

The one touch roof controller would be around $49.99. If there is interest we could do a group buy to lower the costs.

I would also like to find a vert near Dayton, Ohio to test these products out on!
Old 10-20-2009, 06:10 PM
g37vanbc

Would there be any chance of also having it close the windows when you hold down the switch in the cabin after the roof is closed? say continue to hold for 3 sec after roof closed then windows close.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:02 PM
KPierson
Banned

I won't know that until I can get a hold of a vert service manual. My searches today came up empty.

Quick Reply: Top up or down with a single press