Top up or down with a single press

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 07:14 PM
KPierson
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lier200a
No, I've never had any problems with the roof going down all way while holding the button.
Does it do it every time?

The next test step would be to put a volt meter on the open output and see if the signal (ie voltage) drops out when the top stops moving.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:55 AM
lier200a

Yes. So far, its been every time I double click for it to go up. If I can find our volt meter, I can check tomorrow and let you know
Old 08-24-2010, 07:52 AM
KPierson
Banned

Well that should make it easy to diagnose. A volt meter should easily confirm if the signal isn't staying active long enough.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:35 PM
evster5

I'm interested in getting this module, would like to hear from those that have installed it as to the quality/reliability? Are you generally happy with it and is the above problem just one person's experience?

Thanks
Old 09-07-2010, 10:55 AM
evster5

anybody...Bueller? Bueller? anybody?
Old 09-07-2010, 03:11 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by evster5
I'm interested in getting this module, would like to hear from those that have installed it as to the quality/reliability? Are you generally happy with it and is the above problem just one person's experience?

Thanks
Dude -
It is awesome. Install is very straight forward, only 4 wires and it works flawlessly! I have this module and the Nav Bypass & both work as advertised, without any ill effects or issues.

KPTechnologies makes quality products and as you can see by this thread, Kevin Pierson is involved & engaged in the G37 community and he is committed to ensuring the satisfaction of his customers.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:19 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bschurr
Dude -
It is awesome. Install is very straight forward, only 4 wires and it works flawlessly! I have this module and the Nav Bypass & both work as advertised, without any ill effects or issues.

KPTechnologies makes quality products and as you can see by this thread, Kevin Pierson is involved & engaged in the G37 community and he is committed to ensuring the satisfaction of his customers.
B, Did you install both module yourself? sound easy...
Old 09-07-2010, 08:04 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cvipgo
B, Did you install both module yourself? sound easy...
Yup - I did them both.

The Nav Bypass unit was a bit more involved because it required removal of the entire center stack in the dash but it wasn't difficult. There are about a half dozen electrical connections via some basic wire splices plus, there are 2 wires that need to be soldered onto the back of the OK button on the navigation wheel. These were a little tricky because the wires are a small gauge so you need a steady hand but other than that, anyone with some basic competence, tool confidence and common sense can perform the install.

The Top Up unit required removal of the center console (which is VERY easy in an auto) but, a little more complicated in my MT but still very straight forward! 4 wire splices and you are done. If you install the 2 modules at the same time (which I did not), the + leads and - grounds can be common and thus eliminating 2 connections...

If you can install a rear spoiler - the modules will be a piece of cake.
-B
Old 09-07-2010, 08:14 PM
cvipgo
Banned

B, Thanks for the detailed explanation, see you eliminated 2 connections for me. I am sure I can do it but never hurts to learn from others experiences where the best lessons/tricks come from not from black/white instructions.

Installing Spoiler was a risky scenario not difficult, specially when you have to drill holes in a new car's trunk... I have already helped a few vert owners with install insides/tricks.
Thanks again, I ordered both modules.

Originally Posted by bschurr
Yup - I did them both.

The Nav Bypass unit was a bit more involved because it required removal of the entire center stack in the dash but it wasn't difficult. There are about a half dozen electrical connections via some basic wire splices plus, there are 2 wires that need to be soldered onto the back of the OK button on the navigation wheel. These were a little tricky because the wires are a small gauge so you need a steady hand but other than that, anyone with some basic competence, tool confidence and common sense can perform the install.

The Top Up unit required removal of the center console (which is VERY easy in an auto) but, a little more complicated in my MT but still very straight forward! 4 wire splices and you are done. If you install the 2 modules at the same time (which I did not), the + leads and - grounds can be common and thus eliminating 2 connections...

If you can install a rear spoiler - the modules will be a piece of cake.
-B
Old 09-25-2010, 02:39 PM
lier200a

So i just got back from my trip (vegas) and now it seems like sometimes the open top doesn't finish when i double press the open top button. I haven't had a chance to check with the voltmeter yet either. it seems like the module timing isn't set right as it beeps twice when it stops just like when i release the button before it completely opens or closes.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:57 PM
cvipgo
Banned

I think you need an updated microcontroller for CT-20 module from KPT. I just installed this module and have issue the the roof is slamming lot faster when it's fully opened/closed. I have requested an updated microcontroller for the module and will have to replace it (which should be not difficult).
Old 09-25-2010, 05:19 PM
KPierson
Banned

Originally Posted by lier200a
So i just got back from my trip (vegas) and now it seems like sometimes the open top doesn't finish when i double press the open top button. I haven't had a chance to check with the voltmeter yet either. it seems like the module timing isn't set right as it beeps twice when it stops just like when i release the button before it completely opens or closes.
Shoot me an Email and I'll arrange for an updated chip to be sent out to you - it should fix the problem if the output simply is not staying on long enough.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:17 PM
NewGMan

Originally Posted by KPierson
Shoot me an Email and I'll arrange for an updated chip to be sent out to you - it should fix the problem if the output simply is not staying on long enough.
Same issue intermittently here as well. Happens about 4 out of 5 times and only on the close cycle. Why not just set the time as 5 seconds longer than required in both directions as there is no issue with holding the button longer after the cycle has completed? That way it will never be an issue.

I will follow-up by email regarding a replacement.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:49 PM
lier200a

Hey... it says Kpierson is banned... what's up with that?
Old 10-19-2010, 08:39 PM
cvipgo
Banned

no wonder I have not seen a response from him... but KPT sent me upgrade chip for single touch and nav by pass module NI35 ( which I may install ).

Quick Reply: Top up or down with a single press