Top up or down with a single press

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:05 PM
g37vanbc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just finished installing the one touch module and nav bypass. Very simple and straight forward to install.

When installing both modules together...

Switch 12V connect to purple (main harness behind radio brain)
Ground connect to black (main harness behind radio brain)
Blue and Black of Relay connect to grey VSS (main harness behind radio brain, first grey wire from right on top row when look at the pins of connector)(there is 2 grey wires side by side)
Purple connects to Orange (main harness behind radio brain)(only if you have a backup camera)

Rest of connects are straight forward from the instructions that you get with the module.

And dont forget when you hook the battery back up that you have to do the window learn and roof learn otherwise both will not function properly.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:41 AM
BuckarooVT90

just got my module yesterday, hope to get it installed this weekend. anyone got links to how to get into the console? Does it just pop up and out?
Old 07-12-2010, 07:16 AM
KPierson
Banned

Originally Posted by BuckarooVT90
just got my module yesterday, hope to get it installed this weekend. anyone got links to how to get into the console? Does it just pop up and out?

How did the installation go?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:42 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Install is very easy. Access to the back of the switch for the top should be a lot easier in the automatic because there is a little more room between the shift mechanism and the switch & the center console is a separate unit.

Access to the switch with the manual trans requires removal of the center console which isn't hard but requires a few extra screws to be removed.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:45 PM
BuckarooVT90

Fail!! what with World Cup and Formula1 this weekend, I got zero done that I was planning on doing...

Without any schematics... I assume this module is just supposed to be placed in parallel with the top open and close switches?
Old 07-13-2010, 06:42 AM
KPierson
Banned

Yes, the wires are all in parallel - there is actually no need to cut any wires if you can splice in line.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:29 AM
lier200a

I know this thread is for the top up/down one touch module but i have question about the nav bypass.

Will i be able to watch videos from the AUX input while driving? For example, connecting a dvd player or ipod via AV cables (AUX) and watch videos while driving.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:44 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Originally Posted by lier200a
I know this thread is for the top up/down one touch module but i have question about the nav bypass.

Will i be able to watch videos from the AUX input while driving? For example, connecting a dvd player or ipod via AV cables (AUX) and watch videos while driving.
The nav bypass is not intended to provide video while driving. However, if you do your research I am sure you will find a few smart folks out there that were able to bypass that too.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:52 AM
KPierson
Banned

For legal and liability reasons we neither support nor condone modifications to the installation of the NI35 to allow video while moving. If such modifications are made they are 100% up to the discretion of the owner of the vehicle and the installer.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:47 AM
NewGMan

Originally Posted by BuckarooVT90
Fail!! what with World Cup and Formula1 this weekend, I got zero done that I was planning on doing...

Without any schematics... I assume this module is just supposed to be placed in parallel with the top open and close switches?
Finish the install yet? How did it go? Did you document it (especially trim removal)? I am interested as I just ordered mine today.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:11 AM
macrylinda1

Originally Posted by bschurr
I like it and would be interested in getting it. I just installed their Nav Bypass & it is awesome!

I have previously contacted KPTech and requested better access to the Music Box functionality too - preferrably via USB.
-Barry

PS - Did you know that you can hold down the black rubber door lock/unlock thingy on the outside of the door by the handle and it will unroll the windows & eventually the top?
they left it to hold it up or down for techs to work on it... also, in case anything falls in between as the top is going up or down, at least you're in control of it.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:01 PM
pwlorraine

Originally Posted by g37vanbc
Just finished installing the one touch module and nav bypass. Very simple and straight forward to install.

And dont forget when you hook the battery back up that you have to do the window learn and roof learn otherwise both will not function properly.
I'd love some more information on the "roof learn" operation - how do I do that?

Peter
Old 08-02-2010, 04:59 PM
g37vanbc

To do a roof learn you just need to run the roof thru the complete operation of open and close like you do to relearn the windows open and close.

If you hook the battery back up and get a beeping sound from behind the drivers seat you need to open and close the roof and it will stop.

I learned the hard back in the winter i had the battery disconnected and then reconnected it and could not figure out what the beeping was all about. After a couple of days of think about it i opened the roof and close it and the beeping stopped.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:41 PM
bamlorghini

So should we not be using the door button to put down the top?

My dealer said to not do it as it drains the battery??
Old 08-03-2010, 03:12 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bamlorghini
So should we not be using the door button to put down the top?

My dealer said to not do it as it drains the battery??
Your dealer is an idiot!

If it wasnt OK to use then why would it be there, right?

That being said, I wouldn't recommend doing it 10 times in a row.

Quick Reply: Top up or down with a single press