Top up or down with a single press

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by KPierson
My lord, if we use them for a template can we charge their prices? $350 for a module? Do people actually buy them? Maybe we should raise are projected price a bit.
They sell a TON of them to MB SLK and Porsche Boxster people. Check out:
Planet-9 Home and Mercedes Benz SLK World Forum - A Mercedes Benz Discussion Forum

Shane D
Old 11-16-2009, 01:58 PM
TNSJconvert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kpierson, I'm definitely interested and I think you'll find many more people on this and other forums who would love to purchase one as well. This one is pretty active with a decent amount of convertible owners Main: G35 Forum / G37 Forum - NICOclub

These convertibles are relatively new, but once sales of them get going you'll have a good size market. Please keep us up to date on your progress and I'll try to get more people for a group buy.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Shane D
Premier Member

Question

I got a couple people somewhat interested in the Z world.

Here is what the proposed module would look like:

It would be based around a 1mhz processor, it would come with a detachable genuine Molex wiring harness and be enclosed in a durable plastic enclosure. The enclsure would obviously house all the logic and circuity needed to make this work. All and all, there would be 5-6 total circuits to get the job done!
Any more word on this? I am leaning towards a 2010 G37X but the dealer e-mailed me and made a pretty good offer on a vert.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:07 PM
TNSJconvert

Just finished the paperwork on my new Convertible - Premium Pack with Nav for just under invoice and an incredible lease rate. Picking it up today (since they had to get it from another dealer). Can't wait to install this feature if we can somehow get the group buy going. Like I said before, the other forums have plenty of members who i think would be interested as well.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:56 AM
jkwcmw

Hey Kevin,

I just picked up my convertible and would love this feature. Was there enough interest and are you developing this? If so, count me in on a group buy.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2010, 05:37 PM
havnap

Depending on install...I would be interested as well.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Unhappy

I just sent him a PM but he has not posted on here in three months, so maybe the idea has died.

Shane D
Old 02-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Shane D
Premier Member

Thumbs up

I got an e-mail from Kevin today stating that they are working on this product right now.

Shane D
Old 02-08-2010, 12:01 PM
KPierson
Banned

We just finished a very large project and this is next up - we look to begin testing in the very near future.

The first revision will simply be a one touch module. Maybe down the road we'll look to add other features.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:34 PM
pwlorraine

Hello Kevin,
Any chance of a discount program for forum members on the nav bypass?

Peter
Old 02-08-2010, 02:10 PM
KPierson
Banned

Originally Posted by pwlorraine
Hello Kevin,
Any chance of a discount program for forum members on the nav bypass?

Peter
Use coupon code NI35 for $20 off the NI35 navigation module through the end of February, 2010!
Old 03-23-2010, 01:55 PM
almot

Voice Recognition with the top down

Hi Kevin,
I have another challenge for you. On G 37 vert the voice recognition doesn’t work when the top is down. Before buying G37 I tried BMW 335 and Lexus IS350. On both of them VR system works with the top down. Since you’re familiar already with G37 Service Manual can you do something to make it work with the top down?
Thank you very much.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:49 AM
nwryuber

I think this would be a great little mod!

I think it would be very doable to open the top from the keyfob (like press "LOCK" then "UNLOCK" and have it lower the windows and then the top.

If we make a "one touch" roof controller you will be able to stop the movement at any time by pressing the opposite button - it won't be a "once it is tripped it runs until it times out" setup - it will be intelligent and very similar to how the OEM would work if they made it.

The keyfob module would be around $59.99 and would include the ability to close the windows from the keyfob (not sure about the top, if you hold the key in the "LOCK" position for an extended time will it close the top?)

The one touch roof controller would be around $49.99. If there is interest we could do a group buy to lower the costs.

I would also like to find a vert near Dayton, Ohio to test these products out on!

for 50-60$ i would DEFINATELY but that mod.... but if it were more, probably not.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:09 AM
KPierson
Banned

I'm finally installing one of these tomorrow! I'll hopefully post some pictures and possibly even a video after the installation. Once I have it tested in a vehicle we'll get a handful of field testers and then release the product!
Old 04-17-2010, 12:17 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Nice!

Quick Reply: Top up or down with a single press