Top up or down with a single press

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:54 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by KPierson
I won't know that until I can get a hold of a vert service manual. My searches today came up empty.
Kevin -
I have an electronic version of the 2009 G37 Convertible Service Manual (the file is 87 MB).

Shoot me a PM with your address information & I'll burn you a copy and mail it to you.
-Barry
Old 10-23-2009, 10:06 PM
KPierson
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Barry for the manual and the extras! Can I expect your help in beta testing anything we develop?

I checked out the manual a bit tonight and things look pretty straight forward.

However, I have yet to even see a convertable so I'm not exactly sure how the interior is laid out.

How easy is it to access the back of the roof up / down buttons?

If you hold the key in the "UNLOCK" position in the drivers door the windows go down and then the top goes down - is this correct?

If you hold the key in the "LOCK" position in the drivers door the top goes up and then the windows close - is this correct?

I'm still not sure how to get the windows back up with the roof close switch though....
Old 10-23-2009, 10:11 PM
KPierson
Banned

Also, if you are at all interested in this please post and let me know. If there isn't much interest I would like to know up front!
Old 10-24-2009, 01:50 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by KPierson
Thank you Barry for the manual and the extras! Can I expect your help in beta testing anything we develop?

I checked out the manual a bit tonight and things look pretty straight forward.

However, I have yet to even see a convertable so I'm not exactly sure how the interior is laid out.

How easy is it to access the back of the roof up / down buttons?

If you hold the key in the "UNLOCK" position in the drivers door the windows go down and then the top goes down - is this correct?

If you hold the key in the "LOCK" position in the drivers door the top goes up and then the windows close - is this correct?

I'm still not sure how to get the windows back up with the roof close switch though....
Sure Kevin - I can help out in your development efforts.

I havent tried to access the back of the roof up/down button but on the 6MT it is located on the center console by the butt warmers. Since taking the dash apart was a snap, I am gonna guess that it is fairly easy to get to the up/down button.

By holding down the unlock button on the key fob, you can only lower all the windows - it does NOT allow for the automatic opening of the roof. And, holding the lock button down on the fob will NOT automatically roll up the windows.

If you press & hold the rubber lock/unlock thing on the outside of the door, the windows will lower & the roof will open.

As part of the roof opening operation (either door button or switch in center console) all of the windows open and then the roof retracts. During the roof closing operation, the windows will all automatically open and then the roof will close but there is no automatic window closing. Once the roof is closed, you can hold both the driver & passenger window buttons up and all 4 windows will fully close but understand that this is a user guided operation and is not automated via the roof closing.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:26 AM
g37vanbc

Kevin

i have an automatic and the open/close switch is in the same place as the 6mt in the center console between the seat warmers. very easy to access the back of the switch.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:30 AM
KPierson
Banned

So far only a handful of people are interested. I still think this would be a great addition to our product line - maybe I can check with the convertable Z guys and see if there is any interest over there and see if they have a similar system.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:53 PM
kpmnd85

I'm interested in a solution which works with the existing key fob.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:58 PM
KPierson
Banned

I got a couple people somewhat interested in the Z world.

Here is what the proposed module would look like:

It would be based around a 1mhz processor, it would come with a detachable genuine Molex wiring harness and be enclosed in a durable plastic enclosure. The enclsure would obviously house all the logic and circuity needed to make this work. All and all, there would be 5-6 total circuits to get the job done!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:02 AM
kingkong79

Originally Posted by DmfG37sTT
along with that they need to find a better way to scroll through your ipod without having to make millions of playlist of pressing the button two million times.
Jailbreak your iPhone and install NoAcessorySplash on your iPhone. Then you can use the iPod button on the iPhone to select your song but please don't do this while moving. Not as convenient. I wish holding the button down would have it jump to the next Letter in your playlist.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Calgarywinger

Above all else the module must be able to immediately stop the operation at a touch of the button, regardless of the direction i.e. roof opening or closing.
I had to stop the roof retraction in mid-operations when I realized I didn't have enough clearance behind the car.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:34 AM
KPierson
Banned

Yes, that would be addressed.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Earthdog

Credit Card in hand, let us know when it s ready.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:10 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Calgarywinger
Above all else the module must be able to immediately stop the operation at a touch of the button, regardless of the direction i.e. roof opening or closing.
I had to stop the roof retraction in mid-operations when I realized I didn't have enough clearance behind the car.
The way I have seen all of them work is not a single press operation. It is a press and hold exactly like it is now. With the MB key fob, you must hold the unlock button the entire time. As soon as you let go it stops.

The Infiniti is the same way when you use the door button. If you stop pressing the button, the operation stops.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Mods for cars

There is a company called mods for cars that has been making these for a few years for Porsches and MB's.
Maybe they will make one for Infiniti's or perhaps this dealer will use them as a template?
https://www.wit-usa.com/sms/shop/ind...n=about&menu=1

Just a thought.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:34 PM
KPierson
Banned

My lord, if we use them for a template can we charge their prices? $350 for a module? Do people actually buy them? Maybe we should raise are projected price a bit.

Quick Reply: Top up or down with a single press