Old 06-15-2011, 10:10 PM
lier200a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed... We can still hope for a miracle! Lol
Old 06-15-2011, 11:24 PM
thedollardoctor
Awaiting Email Confirmation

BRUINS BABY!!!!! It just wasn't even close! Tim Thomas was just brilliant in this series!

Back on topic, that sucks guys! Hopefully KP Technologies will have better luck. Looking forward to getting together with him this weekend sometime hopefully. I'll let you know how it goes. I personally don't think I would keep the module if it didn't close the windows. The whole point of it for me is to be able to get out of car, hit button and walk away while roof and windows close themselves. Just my 2 cents. At least it sounds like their customer service is on point! Good luck!

And sorry about your loss Canada ;-)
Old 06-16-2011, 12:04 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thedollardoctor
BRUINS BABY!!!!! It just wasn't even close! Tim Thomas was just brilliant in this series!

Back on topic, that sucks guys! Hopefully KP Technologies will have better luck. Looking forward to getting together with him this weekend sometime hopefully. I'll let you know how it goes. I personally don't think I would keep the module if it didn't close the windows. The whole point of it for me is to be able to get out of car, hit button and walk away while roof and windows close themselves. Just my 2 cents. At least it sounds like their customer service is on point! Good luck!

Not a good day for our northern neighbor, accept my sincere sympathy! Hope tomorrow will better.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:18 AM
lier200a

Originally Posted by thedollardoctor

LOL, It's all good. I'd have to admit Bruins deserved it since they played better throughout the series.

Back to Topic, I agree with you Dollardoctor. And so does Stefan so as soon as he gets back to headquarters (which is apparently is in Berlin), he's gonna work on the window issue. I told KPtech that's what I want too is to get out of car, hit button and not worry about it instead of sitting inside and waiting to turn off car and/or roll up windows. Stefan did offer the refund as well so that's nice but he says to give him some time to work on it. Hopefully things work out.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by lier200a
Well the update allowed the lock button to close but I'm still having the freezing problem with the top half closed or opened... I think it might be too hard on the battery because when I turn the engine on, the top continues fully opening/closing.

It is quite dissapointing with the window issue and the top freezing but I don't know if anyone is getting that problem... forgot to ask him. I'll send him an email so I won't forget.
Any word back on the freezing problem? And if you are the only one?
Personally I am not too worried about the window up issue. I could NOT walk away from a car trusting the top and windows and to close on their own. I guess I am too paranoid.

What I am looking for is:
1) Drop the top and windows with or without the car running as I approach.
2) Start raising the top (while still moving) as I am getting ready to park the car. Then once I have my crap together, ipod unplugged, etc. I would raise the windows manually before I get out (as I do now).
It sounds like the above is doable now except for the freezing?

Shane D
Old 06-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Top freezing

You suspected the top might be freezing due to the battery. Easy way to check (it should still work): Stand outside of you car holding down the door button. That will lower your roof without the car running. Did you ever do this before?
If that works (or worked in the past), it must be a software issue I would think.

Shane D
Old 06-18-2011, 07:49 PM
stevelam

i installed mine and it dont freeze.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:34 PM
KPierson_

From what I have seen since these cars were released in the USA back in '03 not a single one has allowed the windows to be raised over the CAN bus. This is why whenever someone does an alarm installation it is recommended to run the lock and unlock wires in to the drivers door where the windows can be controlled with a ground pulse instead of using a data module. No data modules that I have seen include the window feature.

thedollardoctor - maybe this next weekend we can meet up - with Fathers Day being today I didn't have any spare time this weekend.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:56 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by KPierson_
From what I have seen since these cars were released in the USA back in '03 not a single one has allowed the windows to be raised over the CAN bus. This is why whenever someone does an alarm installation it is recommended to run the lock and unlock wires in to the drivers door where the windows can be controlled with a ground pulse instead of using a data module. No data modules that I have seen include the window feature.

thedollardoctor - maybe this next weekend we can meet up - with Fathers Day being today I didn't have any spare time this weekend.
True, KP..
Even the remote start installation requires to run the lock and unlock wires in to the drivers door where the windows can be controlled with a ground pulse instead of using a data module.
One Question for KP: Can double ground pulse to 'single touch roof KP module from a remote open the roof? thx
Old 06-19-2011, 11:15 PM
KPierson_

Originally Posted by cvipgo
One Question for KP: Can double ground pulse to 'single touch roof KP module from a remote open the roof? thx
It would trigger the module but without the ignition on the roof wouldn't open. In theory you would have to add a reed relay to the "OPEN output" to power the RAP circuit of the OEM roof controller.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:39 PM
cvipgo
Banned

It would trigger the module but without the ignition on the roof wouldn't open. In theory you would have to add a reed relay to the "OPEN output" to power the RAP circuit of the OEM roof controller.
KP, thanks for the response, I am using remote start to start the car and open the roof with remote star fob sending double ground pulse to the roof switch...using KP single touch module..
Old 06-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Calgarywinger

From what I have seen since these cars were released in the USA back in '03 not a single one has allowed the windows to be raised over the CAN bus.
You are correct, this feature contravenes the safety act (enabled after small kids got their heads caught when the windows closed), also why manufacturers had to change the windows control buttons to pull-up to close (as opposed to the old style push-down forward to open and push-down backward to close.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:25 AM
KPierson_

Originally Posted by Calgarywinger
You are correct, this feature contravenes the safety act (enabled after small kids got their heads caught when the windows closed), also why manufacturers had to change the windows control buttons to pull-up to close (as opposed to the old style push-down forward to open and push-down backward to close.
There are plenty of cars available for purchase today that have windows that are controllable over the CAN bus - look at any of the data module companies offerings. It isn't a legal thing, it just isn't a feature that Nissan apparently has chosen to put on the bus.

The Nissans have anti pinch circuitry built in to the windows that still function when the windows are remotely raised. If the windows detect an obstruction they stop and roll back down.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Calgarywinger

I stand corrected.
That what the Dealer's answer when I asked why the windows didn't close when I raised the roof by pushing on the center button.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:02 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
So just to through a wrench in here. The euro and gulf spec G's don't have this issue, just the US spec models?

Quick Reply: Top up or down with a single press