Top up or down with a single press

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 01:57 AM
bembowe
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
men, I hope I dont get any issues like that after the install. But if i do run into issues, I will let you know as well. Good luck with this issues.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:59 PM
thedollardoctor
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by lier200a
Hey! Anyone got their smart top module yet? I just got mine and installed it. Install was very easy but having a few problems. Just wondering if anyone was having the same issues.

Issues are:
1) Lock button on Key FOB doesn't closes the top or windows
2) Top freezes during opening (opens quarter/halfway/three-quarter and stop) using the key fob.
3) Front windows don't roll up, just rear windows using the centre console button (since the key FOB for closing doesn't work)

I haven't tried opening and closing while driving yet. I've troubleshooted and according to LED, the connections are made right. Firmware is upto date. I've also emailed there product support.
Sounds like a software settings issue to me. Most likely something not setup correctly in the timing of operations. I'm sure their support will be able to help you. Let's HOPE that's all it is! Would hate for you to have to remove the whole thing and mail it back to them!

This is one reason I'm really looking forward to working with KP Technologies on this for my ride. Kevin lives 20 minutes from me and I'm sure if I run in to any issues all I will have to do is stop by his house to get it worked on for free :-)

FINALLY something good about living in Dayton, OH!!

Good luck with the fix man, let us know what you hear from their customer support.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:22 PM
lier200a

Ya, I did the install myself. Haven't heard from support yet but like Dollar Doctor says, hopefully its a software and timing issue. Similar to KPTechs one-touch module.

I tested the driving while closing top and opening. It works (I set it to 40km/h) but of course, the front windows won't close... I'll fill you guys on support and issues.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:55 PM
bembowe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by lier200a
Ya, I did the install myself. Haven't heard from support yet but like Dollar Doctor says, hopefully its a software and timing issue. Similar to KPTechs one-touch module.

I tested the driving while closing top and opening. It works (I set it to 40km/h) but of course, the front windows won't close... I'll fill you guys on support and issues.
Now, could this also be a result of the settings that you have chosen, the setting to leave the windows up after the top is down?
Old 06-15-2011, 04:16 PM
lier200a

I checked the setting a few times. There is only two options ALL windows up or ALL windows down... All the windows down is no problem just the front windows up is having problems (rear windows are going up)
Old 06-15-2011, 05:47 PM
lier200a

Got an email from support. Here it is

Hello Alan,

Thanks for your email. We have a firmware update that fixes the remote issue, so please connect your module to a PC or laptop and run the m4cconnect update to get v1.02 of the smarttop firmware.

After a long development and testing session on a US model car I found the reason for the front windows not closing as they should from the remote orafter closing the top from the console button. I'm sorry to say that the cause for the problem lies in the car's software which for some unknown and inexplicablereasons does not offer any "front window close" command any more. Not even the original factory workshop tester that is available to all infiniti/Nissan dealershipscan close the front windows any more. They can only be opened.The close function was simply deleted and we are absolutely speechless as to what reasons Nissan might have had for this decision.We are not sure at this point if this only affects the US models or if other model variants are affected as well. The function is still present in 2011 Euro models.

So sadly there is nothing we can do to fix the problem at this point. After hours of testing I could not find any way to raise the windows other than mechanicallypulling on the switches in the driver's door with the ignition on.

After long deliberation we decided to offer a discount in the form of a $30 refund for everyone affected by the problem, soplease let me know at your convenience if you would like to keep the module and take the refund or if you're completely unhappy and would rather like to return the module.

In an effort to collect as much information as possible about the affected models and model years, we ask you to please send us as many details about your car as possible.Exact manufacture date (if known), all factory options etc.

Let me also add that we are planning to put in another major effort to find a solution, workaround or add-on that will allow us to control the windows and should wecome up with any viable solution we'll of course inform you immediately. It will take some time though to find out more and to find a volunteer in my area who is willingto let me test for at least a week.Software updates will always be free of charge and a hardware solution (should one be necessary) will be offered at cost for everyone who already owns the module.Since unfortunately I can't make any promises about the final outcome, I encourage you to make your decision based on the current status and hope that the other featuresof the module still outweigh the disappointment over the windows not closing on your car.

Best Regards,

Stefan Wilhelmy
Wilhelmy IT Inc.
mods4cars USA
General Manager
I haven't done the update yet, but I'll do it right away and edit this post with the results.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:48 PM
stevelam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So.... In a nutshell everything works but the windows dont roll up right? hmm..
I dunno what to say.. Im speechless.. kinda disappointing..
Old 06-15-2011, 08:07 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by stevelam
So.... In a nutshell everything works but the windows dont roll up right? hmm..
I dunno what to say.. Im speechless.. kinda disappointing..
"The close function was simply deleted and we are absolutely speechless as to what reasons Nissan might have had for this decision."

The reason is simple (IMO): Infiniti/Nissan does not want the windows to get damaged as these windows move 1/8" up and down when door is closed and opened...
Old 06-15-2011, 08:07 PM
stevelam

i hooked it up to my pc and installed the software i think it said it was ready to use and i cant find an icon or file. how do u open the software?
Old 06-15-2011, 08:08 PM
lier200a

Well the update allowed the lock button to close but I'm still having the freezing problem with the top half closed or opened... I think it might be too hard on the battery because when I turn the engine on, the top continues fully opening/closing. I just spoke with Stefan and they're gonna work on the window issue. Does anyone else have it yet? I'm number 4 according to the serial number but Stefan is in contact with 2 other who also have the module with the same issues (all in US, I'm the only in Canada) and I have a 2009, the other two have 2010 and 2011 so it seems like nothings changed between the years. I'm suppose to contact him again either tonight or tomorrow since the big hockey game is on tonight!

It is quite dissapointing with the window issue and the top freezing but I don't know if anyone is getting that problem... forgot to ask him. I'll send him an email so I won't forget.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:11 PM
lier200a

Originally Posted by stevelam
i hooked it up to my pc and installed the software i think it said it was ready to use and i cant find an icon or file. how do u open the software?

It'll be in the tabs, firmware for updates and settings is where you can change the functions and settings. Use the matrix provided.

Good luck!! let me know how it goes!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:22 PM
stevelam

what tabs?
Old 06-15-2011, 08:36 PM
lier200a

The "m4connect" will be saved (or should be saved). PLug in the module and wait for the driver to self install (take about 2 mins). open m4connect and click connect with the module hook-up via USB. then the tabs should appear in the window. Hope that helps..
Old 06-15-2011, 08:39 PM
stevelam

got it.. gonna rip my car apart after Van wins the cup...BTW I live in canada too
how long did it take u to install the module.. any tips or advice? im really anxious to put it in to see if i like or dislike it. mine is 09 as well.

Last edited by stevelam; 06-15-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:59 PM
stevelam

wow.. van blows..

Quick Reply: Top up or down with a single press