Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

Nissan/Infiniti - Forward Collision Avoidance Assist Concept (FCAAC)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 12:33 AM
GT-R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Nissan/Infiniti - Forward Collision Avoidance Assist Concept (FCAAC)

Nissan/Infiniti - Forward Collision Avoidance Assist Concept (FCAAC)

New Nissan Safety Tech Prevents Rear-Endings, Detects Nearby Moving Objects - Wide Open Throttle - Motor Trend Magazine

Think your GT-R has all the latest electronic aids? Think again. Nissan's newest safety technology includes Moving Object Detection and an impact prevention system called the Forward Collision Avoidance Assist Concept.

It's a mouthful, but the Forward Collision Avoidance Assist Concept is exactly how it sounds. The technology automatically applies the brakes when radar sensors detect an imminent collision with a vehicle or object ahead, at speeds of up to 60 km/h (around 37 mph). Nissan says the speed is the highest for any collision avoidance system around and, compared to Volvo's City Safety, this one is continuously employed at twice the Volvo system's speed (up to 19 mph for City Safety).

In addition to the higher speed, Nissan focused on making the deceleration and stoppage as smooth as possible in an astute attempt to avoid triggering a chain reaction of rear-endings from vehicles behind. When activated, the FCAAC also tightens the driver's seatbelt and activates visual and auditory alerts in the cabin.

The FCAAC helps vehicles in motion but Moving Object Detection assists drivers who are parking. MOD supplements Nissan's Around View Monitor parking system and seeks out the presence of moving objects around the vehicle. Once detected, MOD alerts the driver through a screen display while a buzzer apparently emits a "PiPi" noise.

Both technologies were developed as part of Nissan's Safety Shield concept and we should begin to see them manifest in new vehicles in the near future.

Source: Nissan
Old 07-29-2010, 03:49 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This sounds cool but I'm just waiting for the "it's not my fault I rear ended them my car didn't automatically stop in time" lawsuits.