Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

How much would you pay for a stock 420HP G?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 01:43 AM
aexis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much would you pay for a stock 420HP G?

Do you think Infiniti needs a filler between the G37 and the GTR? In both performance and price?

I'm sure you have all heard about the upcoming BMW 335IS, which is a step above the 335i and below the M3. Not counting the Infiniti Essence concept, (which looks more like the GTR's pricerange maybe even more) would you be interested in a "G40-G50", Turbo'd G etc that costs around 56-66k? Or would this saturate the market too much?

Would love to hear what you think, this question is aimed towards G37 Coupe owners!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:58 AM
2009G37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally, I think that would be awesome. I've been dying for Infiniti to give us a TT version on the G37, and given the engines in the GTR and Essence, I think it could be a possibility down the line. We need something in that territory to fight the ISF, M3 and R8 (maybe not in terms of how exotic it is, but I'll bet performance would be very similar to the 4.2 V8). Furthermore, it wouldn't really require reengineering the car. Several members here have TTed their car and gotten like 450hp to the wheels.

My $0.02.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:36 AM
mw09g37

a Twin Turbo Version of the G37 would easily cost 60k. obviously they won't be making it base either. they'd have to revamp the suspension too to handle the increase in power.

at the end of the day it's going to be GT-R money or at least pretty close. they def wouldn't make it faster than the GT-R.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:20 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by aexis
Do you think Infiniti needs a filler between the G37 and the GTR? In both performance and price?

I'm sure you have all heard about the upcoming BMW 335IS, which is a step above the 335i and below the M3. Not counting the Infiniti Essence concept, (which looks more like the GTR's pricerange maybe even more) would you be interested in a "G40-G50", Turbo'd G etc that costs around 56-66k? Or would this saturate the market too much?

Would love to hear what you think, this question is aimed towards G37 Coupe owners!
I'm really hoping you work for Infiniti Corp after reading your post

Forget a Turbo'd option, what's the point? There's already a TT option out there.. Give us something N/A with more power.. Like a G50 utilizing the same engine from the FX! Now that'd be something! I'm sure we could all use the extra torque.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:52 AM
ProTan

Am I lost here? Is 330 HP not enough? I mean seriously I bet there are not even a handful of guys here that could max out a stock g37S on a road course. I mean really push it to it's limits to the point where the only thing left to do for a faster lap time is wring out more power.

I have a 500hp 300zxtt and its got everything you need to track. I have to turn down the boost because I cannot handle the power on a road course. Therefore if you increase the power of the G next comes all new suspension and chassis stiffening. HP really doesnt mean anything once you get up to a certain point. I have been killed by stock Mazda Miata's on the track. The G has more then enough power to do what it was designed to do, and moreover turbo cars require alot more maintenance and are not really as reliable as an NA car. To me the G has plenty of power unless your drag racing, now if thats your deal then you could have bought a fox body mustang and thrown a small blcok 350 in it and call it a day for 10K. just my.02
Old 02-06-2010, 10:04 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by aexis

Vinny Ten actually has been able to obtain some vehicles built with a 3-year warranty on it .... it's great to have a nice 400+hp car to the wheels and know that the motor is covered.

from the factory with a warranty and we can mod will sound nice but look how strict Mitsubishi and Toyota got with the Celica and Evo's ... reps were waitign at the drag strip taking down license plates and VIN #'s so everyone's warranty is voided.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:06 AM
beerme986

420hp plus what additions? with that much horsepower the whole dynamics of car must be changed(brakes,suspension,tranmission etc ...)

anyway the price would probably jump to around the 50K range and that puts you in bmw/audi territory.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:23 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
I would be all in favor of it. I do think Infiniti needs a high performance vehicle that can compete on par with the likes of the C63 AMG and M3. If Infiniti doesn't built one I'll simply SC my own anyway.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

I would be really interested. When my lease was up I thought hard about getting an M45X. Then I heard about the M56. Good power and great luxury. But the price was getting a little too high for me and it was not going to be available until March.
I ended up getting another lease but I would look VERY hard at buying something I would keep for a long time. If it was 400hp or over (N/A or F/I) I would be really interested. In Canada the convertible option costs about $8K over a reg. coupe. I would have NO problem spending that same amount on a "factory hotrod" version.

Shane D
Old 02-06-2010, 11:37 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If Infiniti could make a business case for it then they would build it; obviously they can't. How many people would be willing to pay M3/C63/A4 prices for a "G56"? Because that's what it would be competiting against.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Shane D
Premier Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
If Infiniti could make a business case for it then they would build it; obviously they can't. How many people would be willing to pay M3/C63/A4 prices for a "G56"? Because that's what it would be competiting against.
They would just be doing more of what they do now. When I shop Infinitis against BMW's (in Canada), Infiniti is ALWAYS about 12K cheaper. Be it the 3 series, 3 series 'vert or 5 series.
Gimme me an M3 type Infiniti for 12K less and I would likely go for it!
I do see why Infiniti does not do it though. It would be a very low volume car. But it would be a ton of fun.

Shane D
Old 02-06-2010, 12:02 PM
AndrewDDS

Until Infiniti can directly compete with BMW, Audi, and AMG, it'll never happen. And by "directly compete," I mean in terms of performance, price, reliability, etc. I'm not educated enough on the specifics to say whether or not Infiniti is capable of said level of competition (the GTR indicates that Nissan is more than capable in the performance and reliability categories), but they're certainly years behind the others.

When your average luxury-performance car buyer (I'm not talking about people on this forum, but the people who don't use forums) is cross-shopping the M3, C63, IS-F, and S5, they're not even going to approach an Infiniti dealership. And most of those people are looking to impress Daddy's friends at the country club, so the majority of them are going to skip over the GT-R as well (simply because it's a Nissan).

If Infiniti had a worth competitor; a G coupe that churned out 400+ hp, 300+ lb-ft, and came in under the $60k entry price for the segment, I think it would be successful. However, I question Nissan's ability to compete in the segment and keep it in that price range.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:27 PM
DashKid
Banned

I would love to see a Turbo charged G or TT G in the future but if they do that it's going to cost WAY to much and the reason people get the G of course is the price and the options you get with it.

And knowing that Infiniti thinks most of it's buyers are in there 30's or 40's they probably won't turbo charged the G. =(.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:45 PM
ucla bruin

I think everyone's short answer is: yes. But depending on the cost. If Infiniti can market the new TTed G as a better bang for the buck to M3 (like how the G37 is to 335) then I think people would definitely be interested.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Coupe Daddy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ProTan
Am I lost here? Is 330 HP not enough? I mean seriously I bet there are not even a handful of guys here that could max out a stock g37S on a road course. I mean really push it to it's limits to the point where the only thing left to do for a faster lap time is wring out more power.

I have a 500hp 300zxtt and its got everything you need to track. I have to turn down the boost because I cannot handle the power on a road course. Therefore if you increase the power of the G next comes all new suspension and chassis stiffening. HP really doesnt mean anything once you get up to a certain point. I have been killed by stock Mazda Miata's on the track. The G has more then enough power to do what it was designed to do, and moreover turbo cars require alot more maintenance and are not really as reliable as an NA car. To me the G has plenty of power unless your drag racing, now if thats your deal then you could have bought a fox body mustang and thrown a small blcok 350 in it and call it a day for 10K. just my.02
If you're lost that makes me lost too. I agree with you 100%. Plus, Infiniti Does have a halo car that trumps the M3, RS6 and C63. They call it the Nissan GTR and it is a Corvette and Porsche killer. IMO I think it is not wise to compete with the M3. Mercedes tried and failed (C63). Audi tried and failed (RS6). And poor Lexus made the IS uglier and slapped a bigger engine in it and called it the IS-F; and failed. Don't get me wrong. These cars are all very worthy but are incapable of snatching the throne from the M3. I think if Infiniti made an attempt to enter this competition it would be closer to the IS-F than the M3 and that is how the critics would see it. Just imagine a G (sedan) with bulging fender flares, air vents where there were none before, a ground effects kit and fancy exhaust tips... That sounds good actually but it would be just another IS-F.

Quick Reply: How much would you pay for a stock 420HP G?