Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

7 speed auto for 2009 model?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Achilles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MadLove
The thought of a 7AT G37 has been giving me nocturnal emissions. Does that count?

Meanwhile, I may be caving in on a PG G37S 5AT, fully loaded. Fresh off the truck, way below invoice and 2.9% is seeming like a deal I shouldn't/can't refuse... even if they announce a 7AT '09 coupe - i'm looking at waiting another 4 months minimum!!

Can't. Hold out. Any. Longer.. Want. New. G37.... Badly.

Patience is overrated!!! I feel your pain.

What's the offering price?
Old 05-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Mr_Ryte

Originally Posted by Achilles

Better to wait for what you want than "settle" for something less......

I don't care if I have to wait even 3-4 years or more for the 7AT....that's what I want and that's what I'll pay for.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by Mr_Ryte

I don't care if I have to wait even 3-4 years or more for the 7AT....that's what I want and that's what I'll pay for.
GOD BLESS U BROTHER!!!!!! lol

Old 05-29-2008, 09:03 PM
MadLove

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr_Ryte

In 3 or 4 years, we may be getting around like the Jetsons.

It would only be "settling" if I knew for a fact that a 7AT was in the works for 09. And even then, I'm not so sure any more. The summer is here... I'm not getting any younger... and an automatic PG was initially my dream choice anyway (time spent waiting, looking at pics of cars online for over a month has opened the door for a lot of second-guessing). As for 6MT vs. 5AT, I really think i'll end up enjoying the automatic just as much as a manual. Bottom-line: this is not my last car - i'm sure i'll be in the market for something on a whole 'nother level in 4 years or so.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Achilles

In 3 or 4 years, we may be getting around like the Jetsons.

It would only be "settling" if I knew for a fact that a 7AT was in the works for 09. And even then, I'm not so sure any more. The summer is here... I'm not getting any younger... and an automatic PG was initially my dream choice anyway (time spent waiting, looking at pics of cars online for over a month has opened the door for a lot of second-guessing). As for 6MT vs. 5AT, I really think i'll end up enjoying the automatic just as much as a manual. Bottom-line: this is not my last car - i'm sure i'll be in the market for something on a whole 'nother level in 4 years or so.
Are you buying or leasing??? What was the price offered??
Old 05-29-2008, 09:32 PM
MadLove

Originally Posted by Achilles

My guy emailed me about a new G that arrived only 2 days ago. Before knowing the MSRP and published invoice, I told him I would only consider this particular car contingent on 1.) at least $1,000 below invoice and 2.) 2.9% over 60 mos. He basically guaranteed both conditions in writing, then sent me a copy of the sticker print out (MSRP 44,580 - "invoice" 40,600 I think? forgot - left it at work)

Has everything I want: Sport, Nav, Prem, spoiler, splash, trunk net and mat. Plus, it's as mint as can possibly be (which is important to me).

For some reason, I thought the invoice would be a lot lower... i've seen people get deals of 39000ish out the door. To take an '08 this late in the game, I would need to be sure I'm getting the best possible deal.

What do you think? are you thinking of caving in to? lol
Old 05-29-2008, 09:50 PM
G37-Forever

I would still wait at least until sometime in June when more info comes out about the '09 and then make the decision. There are strong rumors about even a TT option offered this year, and it would be a big waste if it came out and it was too late because your car already lost 1/3 its value when you drove it off the lot. Also that deal you got is decent (but average), but I think you can save at least $3,000 buying it later.

Last edited by G37-Forever; 05-29-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by G37-Forever
I would still wait at least until sometime in June when more info comes out about the '09 and then make the decision. There are strong rumors about even a TT option offered this year, and it would be a big waste if it came out and it was too late because your car already lost 1/3 its value when you drove it off the lot. Also that deal you got is decent (but average), but I think you can save at least $3,000 buying it later.
I agree with the above comment. I'm still fighting the urge.

That's a decent price but it's not the best possible deal. Like stated above, it's late in the game and you can probably get a really good deal later. If you do wait for the '09 release (september) and you don't like what it's offering, you can get an '08 at the best possible price. Or, you can wait for the details of the '09 to be released (probably sometime soon, next couple of months) and decide then. Either way, time will have passed since today and the prices will continue to fall. It's up to you my friend but I'm still trying to hold out but it gets rougher everyday!!!!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:25 PM
G37-Forever

Also you won't even have to wait several months. I have a feeling that the info about the '09 will leak out sometime in June (think Dealers are going to start doing pre-orders soon for the '09 that will come out late August-and they can't sell pre-orders without info about the car their selling). And at that time, you can have peace of mind (and a better bargaining position) whether or not the car is largely unchanged.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:39 PM
MadLove

DAMN YOU, COMMON SENSE! Dammmnnn youuuuuu.

Ok. I'll wait
Old 05-30-2008, 02:07 AM
G37-Forever

I know I hate waiting too. But I want to wait at least until I find out about the goodies of the '09. I don't want to have G envy, especially since the 7AT could change the gas consumption from 18/24 o 20/29

Last edited by G37-Forever; 05-30-2008 at 02:10 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:56 PM
RhiNoKiLL

Join The Club

I've Been Waiting For 6 And A Half Months Now!!!!

Not to mention, twice I put a deposit down for the car and canceled the deal because I would come on here and hear rumor after rumor that 09 will have loads of stuff.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:11 PM
MadLove

Originally Posted by RhiNoKiLL
Join The Club

I've Been Waiting For 6 And A Half Months Now!!!!

Not to mention, twice I put a deposit down for the car and canceled the deal because I would come on here and hear rumor after rumor that 09 will have loads of stuff.
If I started the process 6-7 months ago, there is no WAY I would have waited based on '09 model speculation. I would have purchased my G before Christmas. Thing is, I only first learned of this car 2 months ago.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:17 PM
G37-Forever

The fact that there is so much speculation and Infiniti is being very quiet leaves me to believe that something significant might arrive (Infiniti doesn't want to scare away '08 buyers). Usually I see reports such as 'No major changes for 2009 model' and so on.

PS I've been waiting for almost a year, but mainly because I wanted to save up for a large down payment

Last edited by G37-Forever; 05-30-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:09 PM
RhiNoKiLL

If I started the process 6-7 months ago, there is no WAY I would have waited based on '09 model speculation. I would have purchased my G before Christmas. Thing is, I only first learned of this car 2 months ago.
I got through this long because all kinds of different things. One was I wanted a CTS first. I was test driving every other car like 335i, the new C350, Lexus GS350, STI. I wasn't 100% happy with any of those cars. I took my good friend with me every test drive to get 2nd opinion too.

CTS : Amazing jaw dropping looks inside and out, seats not very supportive, DI engine not very impressive. American car = poor reliability.

335i : Amazing torque, response, power,handling was ok. Ugly as hell inside, seats hurt my back, sound system crap. German car = heard bad reliability also esepically with electronics

C350 : Looks nice exterior, interior looks cheap/ feels cheap, handling and power was not impressive. Everything was OK with this car.

GS350 : Very comfortable, can drive for years, sound system was a blast. Was not very fun to drive and looked boring.

STI : Fun as hell to drive, im mean come on it keeps up with lambos. Not a good daily driving car, ricey/immature, not luxurious at all.

I put deposit for CTS, driving back home passing all the dealers. Never considered infiniti or cared for it. Friend said lets go test drive a coupe for fun. I said alright I got some time to kill. Dealer pulled G37 Journey up.

1st...sounded amazing, by far best exhaust.
2nd... looked very luxurious and fun
3rd...was a coupe...parents hate coupe due to hassle in sliding the seats back and forth....magic 1 touch button to slide the seats (parents problem solved )
4th... the positioning of the seat was very cool and comfortable. By far the most supportive and comfortable seats.
5th... FELT AWESOME...steering wheel, gas pedal, brakes, everything just melted on me. So predictable, so repsonsive, so much power, and yet so comfortable and luxurious at the same time... was the almost the perfect car for me.
Sound system...what happened to studio on wheels?
No true fog lights...
Small trunk...
Gas mileage....

So those got me through waiting for 09 verison and constant lecture on how much better of I will be when I have 60k sitting in my bank after college than 20k.

Long post I know I got bored

Quick Reply: 7 speed auto for 2009 model?