Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

7 speed auto for 2009 model?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 05:53 PM
The1andOnly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That source doesn't look reputable. It looks like it would be the same as getting the info of the forums. Don't count on the info too much unless it's straight from Infiniti or a rep.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:38 PM
JohnNJ

Originally Posted by RhiNoKiLL
[...]1st...sounded amazing, by far best exhaust.
2nd... looked very luxurious and fun
3rd...was a coupe...parents hate coupe due to hassle in sliding the seats back and forth....magic 1 touch button to slide the seats (parents problem solved )
4th... the positioning of the seat was very cool and comfortable. By far the most supportive and comfortable seats.
5th... FELT AWESOME...steering wheel, gas pedal, brakes, everything just melted on me. So predictable, so repsonsive, so much power, and yet so comfortable and luxurious at the same time... was the almost the perfect car for me.
Sound system...what happened to studio on wheels?
No true fog lights... [Emphasis Mine]
Small trunk...
Gas mileage....

So those got me through waiting for 09 verison and constant lecture on how much better of I will be when I have 60k sitting in my bank after college than 20k.

Long post I know I got bored
Can you elaborate on your, "No true fog lights" comment? Fog lights aren't supposed to help you see better in the fog; they are designed for other drivers to notice you in the fog. With the ride height of the G as low as it is, I don't see any issue with other cars spotting you in the fog...

On the other hand, if you're talking about looks: check out the lights on the J's S2000 (watch from 1:30 on...). Those look great and would certainly help you get spotted in the fog if placed low enough.

Great analysis of the Infiniti; I had an '05 6MT Sedan but I sold it when I moved to Manhattan. Now I'm back in the market for the 2009 AWD because I want something fast in the summer but would still allow me to "escape from Manhattan" in the winter. I was seriously looking at the S4/RS4/cabrio but they just feel to "soft" for my taste. My dream car would be an AWD G37 6MT Convertible – wishful thinking…
Old 06-27-2008, 03:07 PM
G37-Forever

Will there be no 6MT for '09? I thought all model G37 coupes will have the option of AWD and the choice between 7AT and 6MT?
Old 06-27-2008, 03:14 PM
G37-Forever

I think the source is very credible from Motive Mags Forum. Most all of the items listed were already brought up and confirmed by earlier posts.

2009 G37 Ordering Guide Excerpt Models G37x AWD Coupe

Mechanical

Intelligent All-Wheel Drive

Electronically controlled 7-speed automatic transmission with Adaptive Shift Control and manual shift mode with Downshift Rev Matching
Exterior
Scratch Shield paint
Interior
Dial-type seat heater switches
Color and Trim
Add Moonlight White (QAA)
Delete Ivory Pearl (QX1)
Washi-finish trim replaces aluminum trim for driver and passenger interior door pull handles (does not apply for vehicles with African rosewood interior trim)
Convenience
Power door locks with automatic locking

This snippet of the ordering guide intercepted by FoRuM-GhOst at the Motive Mag Forums.

http://jalopnik.com/396386/2009-infi...kates-x+static
Old 06-27-2008, 06:32 PM
soldier9599
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JohnNJ
Can you elaborate on your, "No true fog lights" comment? Fog lights aren't supposed to help you see better in the fog; they are designed for other drivers to notice you in the fog. With the ride height of the G as low as it is, I don't see any issue with other cars spotting you in the fog...
This is absolutely incorrect. The sole purpose of fog lights is to--by being set lower than normal headlights--illuminate the road while going through less air than normal headlights. By passing through less air on their way to the ground, the light will hit less water particles in the air and likewise will reflect less light (glare) into the eyes of the driver. They create a higher proportion of light from surfaces to glare from fog than just standard headlights will provide. Fog lights have actually been shown to increase the glare seen by other drivers, which is exactly why, for example, they are illegal in the UK.

Last edited by soldier9599; 06-27-2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: might have been unclear describing the proportions... added italics