Forced Induction Reviews on forced induction

Review Stillen Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Kverdina
Yeah you should be able to get back to -2 camber spec... Too bad, those wheels are dope but so are the Volks. Maybe you should try and trade + cash with someone too, might have more luck cause not many people have $3300 cash to give up right now unfortunately.
Yeah! It's tough nowadays, it's all good though! If nobody buys them I'll just stretch that biatch lol.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
Thanks for the advice! There's no way around on adjusting my camber back to - 2 with 285s. Either I get different wheels or stretch it a little. My air is set at 36 cold psi. I'm not sure if I would want it any lower than that due to the tire being low profile already..
What size rim are you putting them on? Are you running high PSI to protect the rim against potholes and such?
Old 08-02-2010, 07:35 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
u shld juz go 19 inch if ure actually into performance, right? if not juz leave it, car looks good as it is!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:57 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
What size rim are you putting them on? Are you running high PSI to protect the rim against potholes and such?
I'm pretty sure he's running 20x10.5 in the rear... I run my wheels at about 36psi for normal driving too.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Weiboy718

20x10.5 + 32 offset. i think my offsets are alot lower than what i originally ordered lol. i've seen others ran + 30 on the same width without too much camber and they all have no complaints but me i'm rubbing like a **** even after i trimmed,shaved and cambered in and still rubs lol.

i live in San Francisco so i really need alot of air to protect the wheel against potholes and whatever the road has haha.

my SC review turned into a wheel and camber thread

Originally Posted by xlack
u shld juz go 19 inch if ure actually into performance, right? if not juz leave it, car looks good as it is!
maybe i should just trade you for awhile huh? i just want something that'll fit better now lol.

I'm pretty sure he's running 20x10.5 in the rear... I run my wheels at about 36psi for normal driving too.
thanks! you already know everything about me lol.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Jamler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice...

Wow Weiboy718... Congrats on the SC You license plate should read ONEBADG
Very Nicely done... Was hoping for a shot of the engine bay PLEASE Just read the whole thread...
Hope you find the right camber/tire/wheel mix for a bit more grip, you'll
certainly be pushing those limits. < I'm as GREEN as this dude...

Best of Luck...
Old 08-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Mike

20x10.5 + 32 offset. i think my offsets are alot lower than what i originally ordered lol. i've seen others ran + 30 on the same width without too much camber and they all have no complaints but me i'm rubbing like a **** even after i trimmed,shaved and cambered in and still rubs lol.

i live in San Francisco so i really need alot of air to protect the wheel against potholes and whatever the road has haha.
Fitment isn't just about offset. Different tires actually have different dimensions, even if they're the "same size".

Example:

Name:  DSC01238.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  99.0 KB

These are both stacks of 4 255/40/17 tires, but one is obviously a LOT wider than the other.

The typical "stretch" tires (T1R, FK452) are fairly skinny, even in their 275 sizes. Stick on an identical size PS2 or Rosso, and the fitment won't be the same.

You might wanna pick up some 18's or 19's as a "performance" set for when you know you're gonna want extra traction.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:37 PM
GraphiteG37S

thanks! you already know everything about me lol.
Lol.. Now all we gotta do is meet so I can check your ride. I might be in SF in about a month.

What Mikes saying about different rubber being different thicknesses even though the same size is definately true.

I went from having a 275.30 Hankook V12 to a 275.30 Falken FK452. I can't believe how much more stretched it looks now compared to the V12s.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Mike

V12 is a better tire period, except when you're after that stretched look
Old 08-03-2010, 12:04 AM
xlack
Registered Member

maybe i should just trade you for awhile huh? i just want something that'll fit better now lol.
u cant be serious lol
Old 08-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Weiboy718

Lol.. Now all we gotta do is meet so I can check your ride. I might be in SF in about a month.

What Mikes saying about different rubber being different thicknesses even though the same size is definately true.

I went from having a 275.30 Hankook V12 to a 275.30 Falken FK452. I can't believe how much more stretched it looks now compared to the V12s.
sure! let me know when you're coming up here. we can meet up and we can hang out for a bit.

i'm using the yoko s drives right now and i know they have a pretty thick sidewall and that might be the reason why too. i might give another chance to FK452 again or try out the Hancock next

u cant be serious lol
do you think i'm kidding? i know you wanna change up for awhile already lol
Old 08-03-2010, 12:37 AM
GraphiteG37S

Yeah, wish you would have told me about skinny they are before I switched... but seriously, I've been pretty happy with my FK452's and I was actually getting less traction with my V12's (however they were a bit worn on the inside )

sure! let me know when you're coming up here. we can meet up and we can hang out for a bit.

i'm using the yoko s drives right now and i know they have a pretty thick sidewall and that might be the reason why too. i might give another chance to FK452 again or try out the Hancock next
For sure bro.. sorry about turning your S/C thread into a tire, camber and fitment thread.. LOL.. but hopefully it will help you keep that extra WHP on the pavement.

I say give the FK452's a chance, cause with your suspension youre gonna need all the "stretch" you can get!
Old 08-03-2010, 02:28 AM
Dmac324

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out of curiosity, did you get any type of gauges or do you think there is not need with this kit?
Old 08-03-2010, 04:21 AM
xlack
Registered Member

I don't mind switching with u for awhile, juz for kicks or until u get a seller! Then u gonna look like the TS g37 minus the rear lol.. Too much **** on ur mind btw hahaha
Old 08-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Weiboy718

Yeah, wish you would have told me about skinny they are before I switched... but seriously, I've been pretty happy with my FK452's and I was actually getting less traction with my V12's (however they were a bit worn on the inside )

For sure bro.. sorry about turning your S/C thread into a tire, camber and fitment thread.. LOL.. but hopefully it will help you keep that extra WHP on the pavement.

I say give the FK452's a chance, cause with your suspension youre gonna need all the "stretch" you can get!
All good bro! Not much guys are watching this thread anyway lol.

Remember my gold wheels? Those were stretched on FK452. Only problem with that tire is the inside wears out way too fast. Within a month of use the inner tire are close to gone. That's why I didn't go back to FK452 and went with S Drives. So far the wear is minimal. Pretty good tires for the price.

Originally Posted by Dmac324
Out of curiosity, did you get any type of gauges or do you think there is not need with this kit?
Yes, I do have digital gauges. It's not complete yet but I do have them. Still working on getting my oil temp and oil pressure sensor installed soon.

I don't mind switching with u for awhile, juz for kicks or until u get a seller! Then u gonna look like the TS g37 minus the rear lol.. Too much **** on ur mind btw hahaha
Hahahaha, this isn't the first day you know me! I always got something up my sleeves.

It's all good, I'll leave the wheels alone.

Quick Reply: Review Stillen Supercharger