First WFL/CFL Lakeland Meet - Planning Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 11:37 AM
_jb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems that everyone likes Don Pablos Restaurant, so I gave them a call yesterday. They do not accept reservations, but if we call ahead they will set up a table for us. That sounds like a contradiction, but the hostess said that's the way they do it.

I'm going to drive over to Lakeland tomorrow, Sunday, April 30, in the afternoon and check out the parking and stuff. I'll probably eat dinner since I'm driving over anyway. I'll grab a few pictures so we know where we're going and parking.

If anyone wants to caravan over, I'm probably going to leave St.Pete about 3:00pm and arrive at Don Pablos around 4pm or a bit later. We could meet up at the Wendy's on I4 if someone else from Tampa wants to go. If you decide late, my cell is in the list.

If everything looks good, and I expect it to... I think we can safely say that the Lakeland Meet will be at Don Pablos starting at 5:00pm on Saturday, May 13, 2006. If so, I'll start a new, separate thread with the full, accurate time and location in it.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:54 AM
dabomb
FGC Central Florida BOD

i told my friend I would help him lay saud on the 13th
Old 04-29-2006, 12:48 PM
SFLG35
FGC Central Florida BOD

john
i would have gone with you, but unfortunately i cant.
have to study for my final that is on monday.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Foo_G
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
DPs on 05/13 @ 5PM sounds good to me.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:33 PM
_jb

Originally Posted by G35sedan03
The 13th i may not be able to make it depending on the time. That day we have a function in brandon and not sure how far into the afternoon it will go. Still will try to make it though, just might be late and not caravan like planned.
It looks like we'll be meeting at 5:00pm on May 13th. I hope that works out for you and that you can make it. Come by a little late if you have to. We'll probably still be there... or grab the cell phone list in the FGC Members Only section and call before you drive over.

Originally Posted by G35sedan03
By them i'm hoping to at least have the front BBK and possibly the rear set as well.
I've been following your progress on the BBK in the Brake Forum. I agree with you on the six piston caliper... go for it!
Old 04-30-2006, 11:51 PM
_jb

I drove over to Lakeland this afternoon and checked out the Don Pablos Restaurant. I think it's a great place for our Meet... lots of available parking... large area inside the restaurant with lots of tables... and... the food is good... at least the dinner I had tonight was very good.

I can't think of a reason not to continue with plans to hold the WFL/CFL Regional Meet at Don Pablos as planned. I'll start a new thread with the final date and time as soon as I post this message.

There are quite a few restaurants right next to the Interstate on Route 98 in Lakeland... Sonnys... Lone Star... Smokey Bones... Olive Garden... and Zaxbys. I stopped in the Zaxbys and got a menu, but they only have small boothes and didn't seem to be interested in setting up for a large party.

My thoughts are that we can schedule future WFL/CFL Lakeland Meets when people that couldn't make this Meet will be able to attend. Maybe we can give vrsc and G35Sedan03 first choice on picking the next Meet's location and schedule.