Pretty dead in here....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:45 PM
g8tor20
FGC's official flip flopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty dead in here....

Where is everybody?

For those who don't read FI sections....I finally came to an agreement with Vortech. They have agreed to send me a new bracket and a refurbished / rebuilt blower in exchange for my rattle ridden system. As good a comprromise as can be.

Last edited by g8tor20; 02-21-2006 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Chucky

Wow, that's great news. Good job man!

Old 02-21-2006, 09:57 PM
truplay8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glad to hear jason
Old 02-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Demonteverde

Had two exams spanning monday and tuesday that I can finally recoup from. Now just when I thought I beat the fever, I have an ear infection in my right ear (can't hear anything on my right side - sheesh). I guess it could be worse, but damn...I just want to feel better.

Anyways, congratulations on the great news regarding the blower. I can't believe vortech has been pulling your chain for this long. What did you do to sway their decision in giving you a new blower?

Old 02-21-2006, 10:06 PM
g8tor20
FGC's official flip flopper

Originally Posted by Demonteverde
Had two exams spanning monday and tuesday that I can finally recoup from. Now just when I thought I beat the fever, I have an ear infection in my right ear (can't hear anything on my right side - sheesh). I guess it could be worse, but damn...I just want to feel better.

Anyways, congratulations on the great news regarding the blower. I can't believe vortech has been pulling your chain for this long. What did you do to sway their decision in giving you a new blower?
It took a public post on my350z and a bunch of supporters...but they finally cracked.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. But you are right..things can always be worse...
Old 02-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Demonteverde

Yeah, I was watching some of the videos you posted of the noisey cogs...I can't believe it took this long for them to come around. They should have stood behind their product and given you a new blower. At least now your car won't sound like a swimming pool motor at the side of a house I'm kidding, man.

Old 02-22-2006, 12:13 AM
_jb

Originally Posted by g8tor20
For those who don't read FI sections....I finally came to an agreement with Vortech. They have agreed to send me a new bracket and a refurbished / rebuilt blower in exchange for my rattle ridden system. As good a comprromise as can be.
I'm glad you got some restitution on your supercharger.

I'll bet it's a lot more fun to drive now.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:14 AM
e420x

Happy to hear its working out
Old 02-22-2006, 12:29 AM
_jb

Originally Posted by g8tor20
Where is everybody?
Yes, it does seem a bit quieter in here.

I think people's interests change... some people are modded out... some sold their G35s... things in the FGC aren't as new as they were last year at this time...

It seems like there's an unwritten law: once your car is just the way you always dreamed it would be... you get tired of it...
Old 02-22-2006, 01:04 AM
r10apple

Originally Posted by _jb
Yes, it does seem a bit quieter in here.

I think people's interests change... some people are modded out... some sold their G35s... things in the FGC aren't as new as they were last year at this time...

It seems like there's an unwritten law: once your car is just the way you always dreamed it would be... you get tired of it...
It might pick up if you guys help me solve my header woes!!! Or, if marbles comes back...

What a pain the Vortech thing must have been...
Old 02-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Gumba35
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Jason-Will you have the Vortech fixed before the Lokey meet?

Ian- A lot of people are sick right now my daughter is going through the same thing. She had a fever last week and still has an ear infection, poor kid.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:13 AM
r10apple

Originally Posted by Gumba35
Jason-Will you have the Vortech fixed before the Lokey meet?

Ian- A lot of people are sick right now my daughter is going through the same thing. She had a fever last week and still has an ear infection, poor kid.
I've been sick the last two days and am home today. All three of my kids (and my wife) were sick! In fact, two of the kids had scarlet fever. I didn't know you could still get that...
Old 02-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Gumba35
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Originally Posted by r10apple
I've been sick the last two days and am home today. All three of my kids (and my wife) were sick! In fact, two of the kids had scarlet fever. I didn't know you could still get that...
Sorry to hear that. I can't remember the last time I've heard of someone having scarlet fever.

I must have mised the thread about your headers. What kind do you have and what's happening with them? Maybe someone will chime in.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Gilley
Florida G35 Club, General Member

I'm glad to hear that Vortech came through with at least a refurbed unit.

Best wishes to all you sick people out there. Get well before the Lokey meet so you won't get the rest of us sick.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:27 AM
DrRabbitFurHead

Originally Posted by r10apple
It might pick up if you guys help me solve my header woes!!! Or, if marbles comes back...

What a pain the Vortech thing must have been...
Dude, you have an exhaust leak where the header flange mates with the engine block... 100% guaranteed...

Quick Reply: Pretty dead in here....