Interest in shock sensor add-on to factory alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 12:37 PM
rraabb11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump
Old 03-12-2006, 02:01 AM
redlude97

Are these still availabe? I need one
Old 03-12-2006, 10:09 AM
SFLG35
FGC Central Florida BOD

Originally Posted by redlude97
Are these still availabe? I need one
yes they are
please pm g8tor20
thanks
Old 03-13-2006, 11:17 PM
Powashiftin

I have had one under my hood, like the original guy who did it, for a few months now with no problem. I wrapped mine up with electrical tape.

With the sensitivity all the way up it was going off too much (if a truck drove passed the car the alarm would go off)-- I reduced the sensitivity and it has worked perfectly.

I just ordered another one to put directly in my drivers side door since prior to getting the sensor thieves broke in and stole my headlights.

Has anyone bought/used the resonance sensor?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:21 PM
SFLG35
FGC Central Florida BOD

hey
we shipped out the resonance sensor the other day, but we tested it out on our test box first. we could hold our fingers up above it a few inches and snap them and it would light the led that equals as if the alram would have gone off. you couls also just tab the table and the led would light as well. it comes with two of the microphones so you could mount on to the back of each headlight or inside the door handles. if in either of those locations if eeither are just tapped while the alarm is on it will go off.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:22 PM
g8tor20
FGC's official flip flopper

Originally Posted by Powashiftin
I have had one under my hood, like the original guy who did it, for a few months now with no problem. I wrapped mine up with electrical tape.

With the sensitivity all the way up it was going off too much (if a truck drove passed the car the alarm would go off)-- I reduced the sensitivity and it has worked perfectly.

I just ordered another one to put directly in my drivers side door since prior to getting the sensor thieves broke in and stole my headlights.

Has anyone bought/used the resonance sensor?
Yes...we actually bought one to kinda see what it looked like and how it worked. Pretty neat. Goes off with any high pitch sound like a slim jim or any metal type sound. We actually sold one to someone last week but I dont hitnk he has installed it yet. But yeah...the resonance sesnor has become popular in saving your HIDs.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Powashiftin

Originally Posted by SFLG35
hey
we shipped out the resonance sensor the other day, but we tested it out on our test box first. we could hold our fingers up above it a few inches and snap them and it would light the led that equals as if the alram would have gone off. you couls also just tab the table and the led would light as well. it comes with two of the microphones so you could mount on to the back of each headlight or inside the door handles. if in either of those locations if eeither are just tapped while the alarm is on it will go off.
Sounds good!

Have any pics of it? How are the microphones held in place?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:29 PM
SFLG35
FGC Central Florida BOD

no sorry we didnt take any pics of it

i think you would just put double sided foam tape on the back and be fine
Old 03-14-2006, 01:17 PM
DavesZ#3

Dan,

I've got a question about the shock sensor. I installed it in my Z with the default sensitivity and when I tested it by hitting on the windows, doors, etc it wouldn't trigger. I have the sensor wiretied to the harness that comes up out of the fuse box behind the kick panel. I increased the sensitivity to full and that would allow me to trigger the alarm by hitting the window, etc. It didn't seem overly sensitive though as I thought only a slight hit would have set it off or thunder, loud exhaust, etc.

After doing that, I started noticing a strange problem when I closed my door then used the remote to lock it. My lights would flash but the horn wouldn't beep. I suspected that the slamming of the door was triggering the sensor and it probably has a short delay built in so I was trying to lock the door while it was still "triggered". That made the car think that the rear hatch was open so the alarm wouldn't arm hence the no-beep when locking.

I'm thinking that I need to mount it to something a little more solid in the car so it will pick up vibrations better with a lower sensitiving setting. Maybe that will lessen the door triggering it. The other thing I though about was using a different "disarm" signal. I have the black wire connected to a power that is available when the ignition is on. Maybe it needs to be on the one that stays hot for a short time after the car is turned off. That would surpress the sensor until after I'm out and the door closes. Or do I just need to wait a few seconds after closing the doors to lock them?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
Old 03-14-2006, 01:24 PM
dabomb
FGC Central Florida BOD

the sensor doesnt really do anything until the alarm is active (30seconds after you lock using FOB)

The horn can be disabled so maybe you accidently did that.

We mounted ours on the steering column, as you are right, it does need to be mounted to something stable.

closing the door should always set off the sensor if you have it mounted in a good spot, but that doesnt matter if the alarm isnt active.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Chucky

There is a slight delay when the shock sensor is installed. I noticed that my horn wouldn't sound either when I locked my car with the remote. I also noticed that my window took more time than usual to go back into the closed position. This is typical. If you wait about 3 seconds and then lock the car with the remote, the horn will sound. It takes about 30 seconds for the sensor to become fully active where you can test it by thumping on the window. I have mine set on the most sensitive setting, and I agree, it is not all that sensitive, but it is better than nothing.

Old 03-14-2006, 02:19 PM
dabomb
FGC Central Florida BOD

but shermie's works well when u hit his windshield with two fists...
Old 03-14-2006, 04:21 PM
SFLG35
FGC Central Florida BOD

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Dan,

I've got a question about the shock sensor. I installed it in my Z with the default sensitivity and when I tested it by hitting on the windows, doors, etc it wouldn't trigger. I have the sensor wiretied to the harness that comes up out of the fuse box behind the kick panel. I increased the sensitivity to full and that would allow me to trigger the alarm by hitting the window, etc. It didn't seem overly sensitive though as I thought only a slight hit would have set it off or thunder, loud exhaust, etc.

After doing that, I started noticing a strange problem when I closed my door then used the remote to lock it. My lights would flash but the horn wouldn't beep. I suspected that the slamming of the door was triggering the sensor and it probably has a short delay built in so I was trying to lock the door while it was still "triggered". That made the car think that the rear hatch was open so the alarm wouldn't arm hence the no-beep when locking.

I'm thinking that I need to mount it to something a little more solid in the car so it will pick up vibrations better with a lower sensitiving setting. Maybe that will lessen the door triggering it. The other thing I though about was using a different "disarm" signal. I have the black wire connected to a power that is available when the ignition is on. Maybe it needs to be on the one that stays hot for a short time after the car is turned off. That would surpress the sensor until after I'm out and the door closes. Or do I just need to wait a few seconds after closing the doors to lock them?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
dave what trigger are you using?? the door pin or the trunk pin?? i guess it would be the hatch pin for you instead of trunk pin.

jason's (g8tor20) car did the same thing that you are talking about with the horn not beeping, which is the same thing chuck is talking about. when we moved his from the door pin to the trunk pin it stop not honking and everything worked normal like it should and did in the past.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:23 PM
SFLG35
FGC Central Florida BOD

Originally Posted by chuckkrugiii
There is a slight delay when the shock sensor is installed. I noticed that my horn wouldn't sound either when I locked my car with the remote. I also noticed that my window took more time than usual to go back into the closed position. This is typical. If you wait about 3 seconds and then lock the car with the remote, the horn will sound. It takes about 30 seconds for the sensor to become fully active where you can test it by thumping on the window. I have mine set on the most sensitive setting, and I agree, it is not all that sensitive, but it is better than nothing.
if you have it on a wire loom it will be more sensitive cause it will move easier when the car is bumped lightly. if you put it on the steering column then it will pick up more vibrations than light bumps
Old 03-14-2006, 04:29 PM
SFLG35
FGC Central Florida BOD

there really isnt a delay this is why you guys think there is one though

its because the door shuting is causing the the shock sensor to output a ground on the door pin which will in turn make the bcm think the door is still open and make the window go up and down. when the shock sensor is done outputting its ground it will roll the window up and then by the time you hit the second button this is done and the horn honks

chuck you and dan should have this happen. jasons did the same thing until we changed it. its a real easy fix just got to change one wire.

wes you shouldnt have this problem because yours is on your trunk pin.

Last edited by SFLG35; 03-14-2006 at 04:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Interest in shock sensor add-on to factory alarm?