KPTechnologies Shift Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 01:36 AM
myst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I received my module yesterday. Sorry about the late post.

I was wondering about the window module install. When I tap a wire and solder the module's wire on to it, what do you recommend I use to wrap the connection point with?

Thanks once again!
Old 12-08-2005, 03:21 AM
Meatshackle

Electrical tape.

I finally installed my shift light tonight. It traveled in my trunk from Florida to California like a champ! While I was installing it I got questioned by hotel security, made me feel "secure".

A little advice to those that haven't installed any modules yet. Do them in this order:

Window
VDC
Sunroof
Shiftlight

The window is a standalone and easy to do so do it first.

The VDC is as easy as the window if not easier.

The sunroof is probably the hardest to install. It has the most wires and you have to go to a lot of different places to find the ones you need. It's not a hard install, just the hardest out of all of these.

If you save the shiftlight for last you only have to find 1 wire and Dan posted some great pics on the KP site. I did mine in a hotel parking lot at night in about 30 minutes. If you've installed the other modules you can tap into the wires from the other modules you installed.

I'm very happy with all of the modules. Looking forward to whatever he decides to put out next!

Last edited by Meatshackle; 12-08-2005 at 03:29 AM.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:35 AM
98intrigue
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dan, would you like to install my modules for some money?
Old 12-08-2005, 06:21 AM
neffster

Hey Russ. How did you like the "handy dandy installation tool" with the Sun Roof Module?
Old 12-08-2005, 08:36 AM
KPierson
Banned

Its a 'wire insertion tool!' Don't make fun!!!

I always use Scotch 33+ electrical tape. Its expensive ($3.00+ a roll) but its by far the best suited for our application. It won't turn gooey in heat (like OEM tape), it won't flake off in the cold (cheap electrical tape), and, because its vinyl based, you can use it as a band aide if you damage a finger during installation! I personally have used Scotch 33+ to hold a cut closed until after I finished the install I was working on to and could get to Urgent Care to get a few stiches. Works great!

Oh, and the wire insertion tool is the best thing ever. Imagine getting to the sunroof switches without it!
Old 12-08-2005, 08:37 AM
KPierson
Banned

As far as 'whats next' we are working on about three more things at the moment. Two are pretty cool, but the third will be a must have for the G/Z community, plus quite a few other cars.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:42 AM
KPierson
Banned

Russ,

Congrats on being the first prson to have each module installed in a different state! Good to hear you made it to Cali OK.

I once got questioned by a hotel manager at a Best Western in NJ because I was soldering a bunch of boards and had a bunch of my prototyping equpment setup in the room. He told me the FBI was looking for young, white, single males as possible terroists supspects. Nothing came of it, but it was still funny.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:59 PM
DavesZ#3

Originally Posted by KPierson
As far as 'whats next' we are working on about three more things at the moment. Two are pretty cool, but the third will be a must have for the G/Z community, plus quite a few other cars.
A"must have".... hmmmm.. it wouldn't have anything to do with a true disable switch for the VDC/TCS system would it? The VDC off switch doesn't totally disable the system. Us AutoXers would love to have something that totally disables it.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:47 AM
Meatshackle

Woo hoo! Can I be some kind of beta tester now?? I suppose my departure from the continental US disqualifies from a cool job like that.

Neff: I did not receive the cool wire thingie with my module

Did Dan show you a picture of one or something? I'm sure you never even saw your module in the bag.

I don't know where I'd put another module anyway. It's getting really crowded under the steering column. I'm sure my FI installers were loving me today.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:32 PM
dabomb
FGC Central Florida BOD

Originally Posted by KPierson
YOU TEASE!!! im calling Dan
Old 12-09-2005, 02:51 PM
klg35

KPierson,

are the instructions posted in the above link the same for 04 sedans
6mt? if not, what wires do we tap into? thanks.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:38 PM
KPierson
Banned

I honestly don't know. I don't have a service manual for an 04 sedan. The main ignition wire is the same, I'm sure. Teh crank angle wire may be the same, it may not, its impossible to tell without a service manual. You may want to post in the sedan section for someone to look in the EC.PDF file on about page 100 for the crank angle wire color. The entire ECU pinout should be around that page. I do know its different on the 350Z, so that is why I am not confident that its the same. If you can't find the info I can do some digging, seems like I used to ahve a contact that had a sedan manual that would send me sections from time to time!
Old 12-09-2005, 07:32 PM
shooter

I received 3 items today......shift light, sunroof and window roll up NM20. Is the auto door lock module part of the window roll up module NM20?

Kevin,
I have the original window roll up mod (6 second door lock). I assume the new window roll up NM20 (auto lock?) replaces the original window roll up module (6 second door lock).

Thanks
Old 12-09-2005, 07:42 PM
nsanbyker

Got my shiftlight today. Don't know if I should be concerned, it said it was only for 7th gen accords. Where did everyone tie in the yellow 12 volt source and tie in the fuse?

Last edited by nsanbyker; 12-09-2005 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:56 AM
andy2434

Received my Window Up module. Sorry for the late post.

Quick Reply: KPTechnologies Shift Lights