Orlando Infiniti impressions

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Gilley
Florida G35 Club, General Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orlando Infiniti impressions

Sonce Orlando Infiniti is the only dealer in Orlando, what are your impressions about them? I'd rather deal with Lokey, but that's a full day over and back from Orlando for minor issues.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:38 PM
neffster

Originally Posted by Gilley
Sonce Orlando Infiniti is the only dealer in Orlando, what are your impressions about them? I'd rather deal with Lokey, but that's a full day over and back from Orlando for minor issues.
I go to OI for minor issues. I try to hit up Lokey about once every 3 months for the routine stuff (to support them really) but when it comes down to needing a quick 2 hour oil change... ... I go to OI.

Just make sure to ask for Julio as your service advisor and tell him you're really picky about your car. He'll acutally do the full walk around your vehicle and even write not to wash your car on the invoice if you remind him at least 4 times. j/k
Old 07-28-2005, 04:44 AM
Demonteverde

Orlando Infiniti is o.k. but each service advisor I've grown comfortable with has left only to be replaced by someone else. My current advisor I go to is Mike Absney (sp?). Pretty good guy and he's good friends with the service advisor I go to at Classic Nissan (John Barrington), where I get my oil changes.

If you're looking to get a loaner car from Orlando Infiniti, it would be a good idea to request one a month in advance being that all their loaner cars are always out and their customers keep them for far too long than they're supposed to.

Also, don't bother having them wash your car. I had thought they just pressure wash their cars, until I looked at what was back there behind their service bays...swirl mark washing machine that they put all their cars through. Not good.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Gilley

Thanks for the tips guys. That's what I was looking for.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:54 AM
2slo2bfurious

Julio's the guy who said my 5th gear is broken because I was trying to race my car. Flat out said something like "If you keep abusing your car like that at traffic lights we can't help you if it happens again" *hint *hint. Asses... Replaced the transmission for me anyways but not after having me do some complaining and since back then my car only had about 14 or 15k miles I think he knew he was wrong.

...and last time I was there trying to work with Donnie, he's the biggest liar I've ever seen. "Oh your car's up on the lift so you'll have to wait for me to check with the tech (I see my car in the parking lot right outside and I know its mine 100%)" or "Oh we can't give you a loaner even though you made an appointment 2 weeks ago (they're about 6 or 7 loaners sitting right outside)" or "You're clutch disc is worn out because its not disengauging properly, you'll need to replace the clutch before we look at your transmission problem(yeah you expect me to pay you $1800+ before you give me warranty work right?)"

....I'd have to say, besides buying a car from them (which isn't even all that great in the first place) OI can go to hell... especially the service department, they're one of the Infiniti dealerships that give Infiniti a bad name.

Last edited by 2slo2bfurious; 07-29-2005 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:27 AM
myndblur

Service:

OK I guess, sent my GF to buy 2 belts and an AC line, they gave her the wrong line (but she may have asked for the wrong one, so I will let that go). But they didn't call me when the new one came in. Took us 3 trips back and forth to finally get the right stuff, but I have AC again!

Sales:

WORST EVER!

I didn't buy my car from them, however,

I few months back my mother was looking at an '05 G35 Coupe, she was trading in a 2000 Impala (in excellent condition). They told her that it was worth about $10K, but that they would only give her $4K. And while they were discussing that further the salesman actually said, "What do you want me to do, give you what I am going to sell it for?" WTF!!! So, that was enough of the conversation for my dad, who proceeded to get up ready to leave. The salesman would NOT give them their keys back (I guess they test-drove the trade-in), they had to argue with them about that so they could leave.

Needless to say, they lost the sale, she ended up buying an '05 Accord Coupe V6, not the same car, but nice just the same.