My G is here! Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Fifidad
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My G is here! Finally!

I had a long wait, but I finally got the G35 that I wanted - 6MT Red over Wheat Coupe, sunroof, that's it:

- I like the "clean" look w/o the spoiler. Yes, this is a personal preference item!

- The car rides great. The "sports suspension" seems pretty soft to me, but I'm coming out of a Miata & CRX. I have not yet leaned on the suspension very hard, but I have the perfect on-ramp already picked out.

- The transmission & clutch are fine. The shifter throws are nice & short and very positive. The clutch engages easily, not too abrupt. I have not made a real hard launch yet, so we'll have to wait to see how that works. According to the torque curves I've seen posted, a lot of rpm's don't look to be necessary to get a good launch.

- Yes, I am doing a standard break-in routine - low & slow for 1500 miles, oil change & THEN drive it. My personal experience (7 new cars, all driven hard w/o engine problems, all given a nice slow break-in) argues for this. Again, this seems to be a personal preference judging from the posts.

- I bought from Lokey, and it was a very good experience. They honored my original sales agreement ($500 over) even though the terms had changed by the time I took delivery. My car was delivered direct to my house in Winter Park, which was a great convenience. I would recommend Lokey to anyone, and I have NEVER recommended any dealer anywhere ever.

- Looking forward to finally having a G35 to drive to local meets!!
Old 07-21-2005, 08:51 PM
escobar929
FGC South Florida BOD

congrats bro, lokey is a great dealer. glad they were able to take as good care of you as they did w/ the rest of us. so where are the pics???
Old 07-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Finiti35
FGC South Florida BOD

Grats! I too think red looks good enough without the spoiler. And I second that, we need pics as proof
Old 07-21-2005, 09:51 PM
amg35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats and enjoy the ride.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Gumba35
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Congrats the wait is well worth it. Lokey is a greeat dealership wait until you have to bring your G in for service John Oliva (Service Manager) and the rest of the service department are top notch. I expect pics posted by this weekend. You can't tease us with a new G and not post pics.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Demonteverde

Congrats on the car. Lokey Infiniti is one of the best in Florida. Post some pics of your ride when you get the chance.

Old 07-21-2005, 11:40 PM
badtziscool

Congrats. I picked mine up just yesterday. You think the sport suspension is kinda soft? I think it's pretty stiff, but definitely not as stiff as on the Z. I really do like it though.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:55 AM
neffster

We are soooo fortunate to have Lokey Infiniti involved with this club. Imagine where we'd be w/o them...

Thank you JOHN!!!
Old 07-22-2005, 10:09 AM
escobar929
FGC South Florida BOD

Originally Posted by neffster
We are soooo fortunate to have Lokey Infiniti involved with this club. Imagine where we'd be w/o them...

Thank you JOHN!!!
i dont wanna think where we'd we w/ out lokey. finiti and i would prob still be waitin for our Gs from warren henry
Old 07-22-2005, 01:17 PM
98intrigue
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Without Lokey, we wouldn't have a wonderful sponsor, the best prices on Infiniti cars guaranteed, 10% off parts and labor, etc... I could go on and on. Without Lokey, this club wouldn't have been half of what it is today.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:55 PM
C-Keith
Florida G35 Club, General Member

Congrats also on your new car and welcome to the FGC.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Fifidad
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Still granny-driving, but the G35 is a great car. I still think it rides "soft", but I have always had cars with pretty stiff suspensions. It all depends on your frame of reference.

Winding it out to 4K it just starts to pull, so I am really looking forward to letting it loose. The clutch seems even better today, probably just the OPERATOR getting used to the hardware!

I really like the wheels, I think they contrast nicely with the organic/smooth body contours. The one styling feature that I was unsure about was the grille, both the overall shape and the "bars". Now that I have the car to really study and get used to, the shape is OK, and I find the detailing on the grille bars really good looking.

I agree with the Lokey comments, they were very professional. My local dealer was useless, I did have the pleasure of telling them I bought my car from some other dealer!

I took a couple of photos of the "baby" (my wife's name for the car - I had another fast red car years ago she gave the same name to, so trust me, it's a complement!).

The photos are posted at webshots.com, look for the "fifidad" album if this address does not work:

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos

Edited note:

Try this link, search for "fifidad":
http://community.webshots.com/

Last edited by Fifidad; 07-22-2005 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:54 PM
SFLG35
FGC Central Florida BOD

niether works

i did a search on fifidad and didnt find any pics of a red g
Old 07-22-2005, 07:40 PM
FLFIRE

Congrads on your new love!!
Old 07-23-2005, 08:28 AM
RFranke2

Lokey is very high on dealer loyalty as well. I just traded my G35 sedan in for a coupe and received a deal for $200 over invoice since I had already purchased a sedan and FX in the last three years. I have always worked with Bill Wilson, the sales manager.

On this latest purchased he had me work with Giovanni. The two of them where both tremendous to deal with and talk to. I sent in a friend of mine the next day to buy a fully loaded FX 35 AWD and they gave him a deal for just over invoice since I had basically sent them their fourth sale in three years.

Once I received my referral check, I ended up paying invoice price for my new coupe. Lokey is definitely the best dealership in the Tampa Bay Area.

Quick Reply: My G is here! Finally!