FGC - "All Florida Meet" summary...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 02:45 PM
neffster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FGC - "All Florida Meet" summary...

The first ever “All Florida Meet” was a huge success. It started out for the CFL guys at 5:45am on March 5th, 2005. We all met up a shopping center parking lot with FLFIRE providing the fresh donuts! After a quick bite to eat we all rolled out in a 6 car procession and headed toward Lokey Infiniti. After a rather uneventful drive, and an encounter with a flying pizza box, we arrived unscathed at Lokey Infiniti at 7:45 am. We all immediately, to my wife’s amazement, jumped out of our cars and joined in a ritualistic detailing frenzy. After a 10 minute spit shine we began setting up.

Things started off kind of slow with people straggling in one after the next. Before long we had about 20 people show up and I got to meet up with John Oliva. I found out that we had about a dozen people scheduled for service, and they had already begun working on the cars.

From this point on, the rest of the morning was all a bit of a blur. Many things happened, one after the next. I seem to remember Finiti35 driving out of the dealership in her new 6MT Coupe, meeting dozens and dozens of new people and even working the check in booth from time to time, handing out t-shirts, membership cards, raffle tickets, enrolling new FGC Members, etc. Fortunately Mrs. Neffster and Mrs. PlatG did a fantastic job helping run the check in booth. Before I knew it the Jacksonville crew arrived and shortly thereafter the Miami crew was there. A quick member check in and a count of the FGC members in attendance showed that 53 FGC Members were in attendance. Many people brought friends and loved ones with them to bring the total number in attendance close to 100 people.

I vaguely remember lunch starting around 11:45 and people were eating for a good hour. Soon thereafter we introduced all of the new 2005 FGC Board of Directors and in my excitement I forgot to introduce Ian (Demonteverde321). Ian is the club’s secretary and treasurer and was one of the Interim Directors until yesterday when the new officers were introduced.

After the club officers were introduced, John Oliva at Lokey Infiniti said a few words to address the crowd and then the FGC presented him a plaque thanking him for the sponsorship, providing the facilities and offering the discounts on new vehicles and services.

At this point, everyone was eager to get the raffle started. To keep things fair, I looked out into the crowd and saw a cute little girl who was probably about 10 years old her name was Brett, and she helped us with the raffle. Brett drew all of the lucky raffle tickets and the winners of the items were as follows:

Lokey Infiniti Grand Prize: Satellite Radio and free install went to: Dave Dawley (Driven)
The most coveted prize of the day, the Cast Crawford Plenum went to: Jason Laviska (Ventural)
The two KP Technologies Window & VDC Memory Modules went to: Adam To (shetyamout) and Richard Evans (Mekanik)
The two Blue Batmobile Overlays went to: Ryan Frankenfield (98Intrigue) and Roly Rodriguez (Tgenius)
The two CREATIVE CARZ Huper Optik window tint jobs went to: Steve Nguyen (aznluder) and Trey Talley (gjocky)
The ISI Clear Bra went to: Ian Burress (Demonteverde321)
The Zaino Kit went to: Roly Rodriguez (Tgenius)
The Crawford billet oil cap went to: Sean Edwards (G35 Sean)
Lokey Infiniti also donated 4 Lokey Infiniti Performance Division t-shirts. Those t-shirt winners were: Tony Apfelbeck (FLFIRE) who won 2 shirts, Wes Reinhart (Dabomb), and Raul Balaga (MIA_G35)

It seemed as if that would have been way more than enough, however John Oliva felt otherwise. Lokey Infiniti also worked with the Castrol Distributor to have them donate 2 prize packages. Each package included a case of Castrol Synthetic Oil, a crush washer, and an OEM oil filter for a DIY oil change. The winners of the 2 kits were: Michael Marsalek (Omi) and Paul Harrington (Pearlwhite03).

After the raffle I was fortunate enough to meet several very nice and important people. First was Marc Sexton, the FGC sales point of contact at Lokey Infiniti. I also got to meet the General Manager of the Lokey Infiniti dealership and the Lokey Mercedes dealership (unfortunately I didn’t get his business card, but he was a really nice guy). However, probably the most important person I met all afternoon was John Arnesen. He is the person who just might help put the FGC and other large Infiniti G35 clubs on the map! He mentioned Infiniti’s possible sponsorship of clubs such as the FGC. This could mean things like Infiniti paying for us to have a corral at Sebring next year! I don’t want to get my hopes up too quickly, however John Arnesen really seemed to be impressed with our turnout, the modifications to our cars and the desire to help our club along. Fortunately he’ll be meeting with one of the Vice Presidents of Infiniti next week and will be working the new 2005 budget and will try to get some funding for us. Keep your fingers crossed.

Soon after this conversation, many of the South Florida people geared up for their long drive home. We all said our good byes and eventually everyone followed suit. Some of the NFL and CFL people met for a bite to eat before our long drive home.

All in all it was a great turnout and this write up in no way begins to encompass all of the excitement, energy and comradery that took place at Lokey Infiniti that day. I’d like to thank all of the sponsors who donated their time or gifts for the raffle, the people who showed up, and the willingness for 53 G owners to set aside one day to come out and support this great cause!

I left out many things, so feel free to put together your own write up and add it to this thread. I missed many cool things (I know this because I looked through some of the cool photos) and would love to hear about what I missed.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:11 PM
amg35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Neffster, great recap.

Thanks to you and Mrs. Neffster as well as all the FGC board. Special thanks to John and Lokey for hosting the event and being supporters of our passion, the G35. Thanks to all that showed up and enjoyed the meet. It was a great event, we must do another soon. Thanks.

Last edited by amg35; 03-06-2005 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Infinitz
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Todd, it was a pleasure getting a chance to finally meet you. Both Kim and I had a great time and your hard work was reflected in how well this meet went. We cant wait for the next one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:54 AM
neffster

Thanks guys. Sorry I didn't have more time to spend with everyone. Heck, there were several people that I wanted to just spend 5 minutes with and I wasn't even able to do that.

Anyway, I'm glad everyone had a great time and the biggest shocker of the day was how flippin' HUGE Austin (DiamondGCoupe) was. I'd better be nice to him because I'd hate to meet him in a dark alley.

Give "us" a week to relax and get the t-shirts and membership cards sent out to everyone and then the newly elected BOD's will begin discussing the next meet.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:31 PM
FL350GT
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Anyway, I'm glad everyone had a great time and the biggest shocker of the day was how flippin' HUGE Austin (DiamondGCoupe) was. I'd better be nice to him because I'd hate to meet him in a dark alley.

i am confused austin is a 6 foot tall skinny kid its not like he is ripped, it makes me wonder was he the largest guy there ????
Old 03-07-2005, 02:05 PM
dabomb
FGC Central Florida BOD

lol...no todd is being sarcastic....

anyways, I would like to personally thank Austin for coming...I know a lot of things have happened and was extremely happy to see we all put everything behind us and we got to have a good time together. Keep me updated on what exhaust u choose.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:45 PM
LokeyInfiniti
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club

I had a great time myself, and am glad to have been able to meet so many of you. I know I missed some of you, and it seemed like I was being pulled in all different directions at times. For that, I do apologize.

I also want to thank the group for being such great ambasssadors for the Infiniti brand, and for being such an exemplary group. Everything went smoothly, and everyone enjoyed themselves. Can't ask for much more than that!

Looking forward to the next time we all get together.