FGC Election will take place beginning this Friday!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 11:25 AM
neffster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FGC Election will take place beginning this Friday!

Everyone. It is my intention to create a voters ballot and have it e-mailed out to everyone, along with the potential candidates write ups by this Friday evening. Once you receive the ballot simply print it out, write and sign your name in the space provided and mail it back to the club P.O. Box.

Florida G35 Club
P.O. Box 622798
Oviedo, FL 32762-2798

The ballots MUST be received on or before March 2nd in order to be counted so please allow for ample mailing time. This means that everyone will need to provide their own stamp and an envelope since the club needs a signed and confirmed copy of each vote for the club records. E-mail replies are not allowed and will not be counted!

The voting will be simple. Everyone from NFL and SFL will have an opportunity to vote for 3 individual Board of Directors and the people from CFL will only have one vote for one BOD member since WES and I are, by default, already BOD members. The top 3 people with the most votes will be Directors for their charter. Next year everyone will have 3 votes and the bylaws, which will be released shortly, will cover all of the details.

The Chapter breakout by counties, cut and pasted from the club Bylaws, are as follows:

(i) North Florida (NFL) will be comprised of the following counties: Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Holmes, Washington, Bay, Jackson, Calhoun, Gulf, Gadsden, Leon, Liberty, Franklin, Wakulla, Jefferson, Madison, Taylor, Hamilton, Suwannee, Lafayette, Dixie, Gilchrist, Levy, Columbia, Baker, Nassau, Duval, Union, Clay, Bradford, St Johns, Putnam, Alachua, Marion, and Flagler.

(ii) Central Florida (CFL) will be comprised of the following counties: Citrus, Sumter, Lake, Volusia, Hernando, Pasco, Seminole, Orange, Brevard, Indian River, Osceola, Polk, Hillsborough and Pinellas.

(iii) South Florida (SFL) will be comprised of the following counties: Manatee, Hardee, Highlands, Sarasota, Desoto, Okeechobee, St. Lucie, Martin, Charlotte, Glades, Lee, Hendry, Palm Beach, Collier, Broward, Monroe and Miami-Dade.

It will be each club members responsibility to figure out which Chapter they belong in, (i.e. which county you live in) and to ONLY VOTE FOR THE CANDIDATES IN YOUR CHAPTER.

Does anyone want to update their e-mail address before this Friday? If so, send me a PM.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by neffster; 02-14-2005 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Updated!
Old 02-14-2005, 07:07 PM
neffster

The following people have expressed a written interest in running for the BOD seats.

North Florida
Chris Deck (redwillow)
Jason Diaz (g8tor20)
Chad Russell (meatshackle formerly know as trentacinque)

Central Florida
Daniel Bazley (sflg35)
Todd Neff (neffster) President
Wesley Reinhart (dabomb) Vice President

South Florida
name with held at members request (finiti35)
Raul Perez Ballaga (MIA_G35)
William J. (Trey) Tally III (gjocky)

If there is anyone else running for the BOD, they have NOT sent me an e-mail or a PM with their BOD Write Up. The Write Up is Mandatory to be considered for a position on the BOD.

The only pre-requisite is that the person be 21 years of age on or before the election which begins this Friday.

Thanks for reading!
Old 02-18-2005, 10:21 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Any reason in particular that we can't e-mail you back or PM you with our vote? Do you need to have hard copies of them or something like that so that you can "prove" everyone voted for that person.. just curious..

Last edited by DiamondGCoupe; 02-18-2005 at 10:41 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:35 AM
dabomb
FGC Central Florida BOD

by law we need signatures....
Old 02-19-2005, 09:13 AM
neffster

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Any reason in particular that we can't e-mail you back or PM you with our vote? Do you need to have hard copies of them or something like that so that you can "prove" everyone voted for that person.. just curious..
It's just as Dabomb put it. Basically the people in the club have to be protected against fraud. An e-mail could easily be received by the inappropriate person. It could be sent out to the incorrect address, a friend could log onto your computer, or a number of other scenarios could happen. The bottom line is that you will have to print out the ballot AND ONLY VOTE FOR THE PEOPLE IN YOUR CHAPTER!!!

Right now there are exactly 3 people for each chapter, so it will not be too difficult as to whom to vote for.

The ballots are being sent out now, along with the write ups for the 7 uncontested seats.

You should be getting yours really soon.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:32 AM
neffster

80 Ballots have been sent out this morning along with the write ups. Any questions... post them here.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:40 AM
neffster

Was there anyone who is a paid FGC Member that DID NOT receive their voting ballots?
Old 02-24-2005, 12:34 AM
louisdarke
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

ballots

ChasingAmy said she didn't get one, so i made a copy of my blank one and gave it to her to use. she filled it out and we mailed it back. hope that wasn't a problem?
Old 02-24-2005, 06:28 AM
neffster

No, not a problem. I will double check this when I get home but we only have 83 club members and I sent out 83 e-mails. I'll get with you tonight and give you the e-mail address I have for her.

Stopping by today to p/u the first wave of ballots.

Everyone has 2 or 3 more days to get their ballots in the mail or they will not make it in time.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:25 PM
Gumba35

To give Todd a better idea of who has already sent in their ballot add your name to the list below.
1. G35Sean
Old 02-24-2005, 03:06 PM
dabomb
FGC Central Florida BOD

hey Sean...can u send one out for me...u know how bad i am about things like that
Old 02-24-2005, 03:23 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I'll be printing mine out tonight and it will be in tommorow's mail.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:56 PM
Black2003G

already sent out my ballot.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Gumba35

Originally Posted by dabomb
hey Sean...can u send one out for me...u know how bad i am about things like that
Not yet. I'll have to wait until the day after their due.

Copy the list and add your name to it.
1. G35Sean
2. Black2003G
Old 02-24-2005, 09:32 PM
Finiti35
FGC South Florida BOD

1. G35Sean
2. Black2003G
3. Finiti35

Quick Reply: FGC Election will take place beginning this Friday!