anyone ever reset their airbag light? im having problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 12:39 PM
rijowysock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone ever reset their airbag light? im having problems

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157946

if anyone local has done it could you lend some advice.. i keep doing the damn thing and nothing...

or does someone know a tech @ infiniti in tampa area or orlando? that could do a quick once over and check it for me

riley
Old 05-19-2007, 01:16 PM
rijowysock

i can get to the blink slow thing easy. (3) 7sec on , 3 sec off and then the 4th time i leave it on as it says and it blinks really slow.. im guessing this is diagnose mode???? what do i do on that 4th on.. leave it for a while to diagnose??? or do i turn it off after 7 seconds?

the car is like 3 weeks old and reason for blinking is aftermarket seats.. . and i bought 2 of the nismo harness and have them plugged in properly..

my next step is if i can figure this damn thing out is to put stock seats connected and try all the steps again but thats a big pain.. seats are on the 3rd floor on house and thats alot of heavy carrying.

the airbag gives out 2.2ohm 1/2watt resistance which is exactly what the nismo harness gives so this shouldnt be a problem.

riley
Old 05-19-2007, 01:49 PM
_jb

Originally Posted by rijowysock
http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157946

if anyone local has done it could you lend some advice.. i keep doing the damn thing and nothing...

or does someone know a tech @ infiniti in tampa area or orlando? that could do a quick once over and check it for me

riley
This sounds like one of those maize-like multi processes similar to resetting the ECU. It might be better to take it to an Infiniti dealer and have them plug it into a Consult to check things out. I recommend Lokey in Clearwater. They have some very smart Techs and are friendly towards modding.

I know a fellow that replaced his steering wheel with an aftermarket wheel that did not have an air bag. He had to wire a small resister into the system to simulate the air bag. I know that is different from what you are doing, but it shows how all this stuff is connected.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:17 PM
rijowysock

heres what im got it down to...

im getting the second thing that says, "the system is malfunctioning and needs to eb repaired as indicated" go to SRS-21 diagnostic procedure2 or SRS-31diagnostic procedure 6"

cause it goes on for 7, then blinks.. then back on for 7 then blinks when in diagnostic mode.

i pmed about 78 people who said they did it successfully now waiting for replies..

worst case i can go to lokey.. what are the names of the techs?

riley
Old 05-19-2007, 02:29 PM
rijowysock

downloading 05 service manual because i figured the airbag and ecu stuff would be close enuff. only difference is the weight sensor which ive already bypassed....

going to check what they show for the SRS-21 diag procedure 2 and SRS-31 diag procedure 6..

hopefully this helps..
Old 05-19-2007, 03:10 PM
rijowysock

found this in service manual:

i do everything and when i get into the section where i "how to erase self diagnosis mode" i turn off for 1 second and back on and then it does like this weird setup where it goes:

off for 2 seconds, on for 2, off for 2, off for .5 on for .5 off for .5 on for .5 off for .5 on for .5, off for .5 on for .5,off for .5 on for .5, off for 2 seconds, on for 2 seconds and so forth..

ima going to try like 5 more times and then its back to clearwater next weekend for them to try and reset.. hopefully they can do it out front cause ill have 22's on then and they have some wicked holes/bumps there

riley
Old 05-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Marshall2K

When I dynomatted (eDead) my G. I ran into the same issue because I unplugged the bottom seat connecter.

I found the same instructions while searching this forum. It took a few times but I did get it to work.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:47 PM
rijowysock

made a DIY cause the other one that was repeated 5000000 times wasnt fully correct

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158005
Old 05-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Gilley
Florida G35 Club, General Member

Glad you figured it out. Nice writeup.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:43 PM
rijowysock

yeah that weight sensor wasnt bad.. just gotta think about it for a second.. was going to put into seat like normal so person sitting in would make it go off.. but the seat wouldnt trigger because it didnt disperse the load evenly over the bladder (on oem seat the brace holding cushion disperses the load) and then i was going to put it in the center console. but where it is, is fine cause u dont even notice it. the airbag light was making me mad.. but realized after 15 times that it was just telling me "connect the damn weight sensor" insane how many sensors their are.. bet you guys didnt even notice the sensor in the passenger seat belt at the base.. tells it how much load is on the belt.

right now im just mad they didnt put a under seat vent on drivers side... i could have made a vent into the seats to have heated/air conditioned buckets.. theirs only a vent on passenger side so i might pull off of that and make it go to driver seat.. theirs no reason for the passenger to have a cool butt.

riley
Old 05-20-2007, 03:59 PM
_jb

Glad you got it figured out.

Nice DIY post. They should make that a "Sticky."
Old 05-21-2007, 11:37 AM
caskyline

Hot Damn,that works.Finally got rid of the flashing light.
Thanks,rijowysock.