Thinking about going out to Speedworld tomorrow night...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 08:34 PM
Jon913D
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about going out to Speedworld tomorrow night...

Anyone else want to go? Figure now's as good a time as any to get some times from out of the 930. No idea what it will do as this will be the first 1/4 passes on it in 23 years lol

My cell # is in my sig if you want to meet up - I'm going to try and get there early.

Jon
Old 10-31-2006, 09:04 PM
98intrigue
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeremy is going to set some records. I wish I could go, but I'm working.

And Jon...you never posted a mod list or some hp #s for you Porsche! What are you looking to run?
Old 10-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Audible Mayhem
Performance Factory

well, this sucks, i was out tonight driving on I4 doing some 18 psi runs and my clutch started slipping again, i got some new 315s 30 18s on the back and they hook really really well.

this is the first time that the clutch actually slipped again in a while so i am going to get up early and take it for a spin and see how she does. if she slips http://g35driver.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif
really bad then i am yanking the motor tomorrow and starting to put on the TH400, if she holds then i will go to the track on my new street tires...

i was running around on slicks today on the street, they hoook really really great and that might have began the clutch slipping. if so , its all matts fault!!

i will let you know in the morning if i am going are not. also, jon, i need my car wetsanded and buffed out if you are interested here very soon

thanks man!!

jeremy
Old 10-31-2006, 10:33 PM
Jon913D

Good luck with all that! Let me know about the detail and I can come take a look at it. I don't do any wetsanding, but maybe we won't have too.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:54 PM
Jon913D

Originally Posted by 98intrigue
Jeremy is going to set some records. I wish I could go, but I'm working.

And Jon...you never posted a mod list or some hp #s for you Porsche! What are you looking to run?
I just got back from an hour or so drive in the car... stopped off at Sunoco for some race gas (100 oct.)

First time the cars run with it and I was skeptical at first, but holy crap, its a whole new kinda scary now! It hasn't been dyno'd with the new turbo and fuel system on it, but when all the motor work was done originally in 90 or 91 it put down 400 rwhp. With the gas, new turbo and new fuel enrichment system (andial - new technology) it has to be at least that (new dyno #'s soon hopefully).

The real question is what can I drive it too? I'm not looking for a great ET, but I think a trap of 110-115 is a good guess. There's a huge intimidation factor here, the car is so loud, so low, so rough, and you aren't really insulated from anything it has to feel much faster then it is.... either way it'll be fun (hopefully it'll sound good too), but if it gets too nuts I'm not going to push it.

I have a few new pics I'll post.

Jon
Old 11-01-2006, 12:42 AM
ZUL8R
Florida G35 Club, General Member

Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
well, this sucks, i was out tonight driving on I4 doing some 18 psi runs and my clutch started slipping again, i got some new 315s 30 18s on the back and they hook really really well.

this is the first time that the clutch actually slipped again in a while so i am going to get up early and take it for a spin and see how she does. if she slips http://g35driver.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif
really bad then i am yanking the motor tomorrow and starting to put on the TH400, if she holds then i will go to the track on my new street tires...

i was running around on slicks today on the street, they hoook really really great and that might have began the clutch slipping. if so , its all matts fault!!

i will let you know in the morning if i am going are not. also, jon, i need my car wetsanded and buffed out if you are interested here very soon

thanks man!!

jeremy
Everything is my fault. Even if it happens after I leave.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:36 AM
Audible Mayhem
Performance Factory

there is actually not any benefit of 100 octane except safety issues unless you lean your car out and run more timing, it is safer though... good luck either way. i will probably see you out there, i will be in the half shiny black Z thats really fast with a smelly clutch. i just want one clean run damnit on my slicks, i am going for it!!

Originally Posted by Jon913D
I just got back from an hour or so drive in the car... stopped off at Sunoco for some race gas (100 oct.)

First time the cars run with it and I was skeptical at first, but holy crap, its a whole new kinda scary now! It hasn't been dyno'd with the new turbo and fuel system on it, but when all the motor work was done originally in 90 or 91 it put down 400 rwhp. With the gas, new turbo and new fuel enrichment system (andial - new technology) it has to be at least that (new dyno #'s soon hopefully).

The real question is what can I drive it too? I'm not looking for a great ET, but I think a trap of 110-115 is a good guess. There's a huge intimidation factor here, the car is so loud, so low, so rough, and you aren't really insulated from anything it has to feel much faster then it is.... either way it'll be fun (hopefully it'll sound good too), but if it gets too nuts I'm not going to push it.

I have a few new pics I'll post.

Jon
Old 11-01-2006, 08:38 AM
Jon913D

Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
there is actually not any benefit of 100 octane except safety issues unless you lean your car out and run more timing, it is safer though... good luck either way. i will probably see you out there, i will be in the half shiny black Z thats really fast with a smelly clutch. i just want one clean run damnit on my slicks, i am going for it!!
safety is exactly what I'm going for - but I swear it runs a little smoother. Now if the weather would just not mess everything up
Old 11-01-2006, 10:51 AM
dabomb
FGC Central Florida BOD

been raining all day...think it will clear up in time?
Old 11-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Jon913D

Originally Posted by dabomb
been raining all day...think it will clear up in time?
probably not looking at friday
Old 11-01-2006, 11:59 AM
dream_G35

hasnt rained in a while and today it decides to rain
Old 11-01-2006, 12:15 PM
WILD121
Florida G35 Club, General Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rain Rain Go away. Come back never.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:18 PM
dabomb
FGC Central Florida BOD

Originally Posted by dream_G35
hasnt rained in a while and today it decides to rain
thats because a track thread was started yesterday
Old 11-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Audible Mayhem
Performance Factory

friday is looking good but it will be very very very busy, no test and tune last week, and no track tonight probably...

damn!!!

doesnt look good today...

also jon, if it really is running better, it might need to be retuned without it, you might be pushing the threshold of detonating or pre ignition and the race fuel raises those levels up and makes them not reachable any longer... im sure the car looks hot either way!!!! there is one sitting at nort northams by my house...

Last edited by Audible Mayhem; 11-01-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Jon913D

Originally Posted by dabomb
thats because a track thread was started yesterday
Yeah its all my fault - sorry. Or maybe I really wanted to go Friday so I just faked it out for today lol

Quick Reply: Thinking about going out to Speedworld tomorrow night...