SFLG35
FGC Central Florida BOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks good jeremy
Old 06-23-2006, 11:13 AM
w0ady

Originally Posted by Finiti35
He has a for sale thread in the Members Only section, which you need to request access to (somewhere in the welcome to the club PM or in the stickies there should be instructions).
yes ma'am i have access. i just made the connection after my post and was too lazy to delete it.

definitely going to be an exciting ride in that z...
Old 06-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Finiti35
FGC South Florida BOD

Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
can we say 9 sec with traction.... i will be spinning everywhere, the next weak link will be the driveshaft, rear end and half shafts, we will see, i will just start collecting broke peices in sure for a while..

it will be sick, the motor is easily good to over 700 hp. it has the same block that the performance nissan 1500 full race Z has in it.

i am just going to drive it for at least a month or two before i push it past 600. right when i get it in, i will tune it to 15-16 psi, should be good for right over 600.

thanks guys, i bumped my list for sale back up here on the FGC page. i have sold a lot of stuff but still have some up for sale. thanks!!!
Is there any chance of overpowering an axle and snapping it with that kind of tq? Are you swapping out the clutch too? Actually by the looks of it, the clutch should be the easiest part =)
Old 06-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Audible Mayhem
Performance Factory

he has a top of the line rps clutch in there right now, and yes i will be snapping axles, i am actually thinking about putting a mustang cobra rear end in, so i will have a lot more options......

i will post more pics up on the Z tomorrow!!1
Old 06-24-2006, 01:49 PM
_jb

he has a top of the line rps clutch in there right now, and yes i will be snapping axles, i am actually thinking about putting a mustang cobra rear end in, so i will have a lot more options...
Is that Ford's 9" rear? Good choice. You can set up two pumpkins with different gear ratios and change them at the track.

I used to use a Dana 60 out of a Chrysler Hemi. It was strong, but it was way too involved to change gear ratios at the track.

Are you going to drag race your car or road race it? If you're going to drag race, you might want to get a spool and some good axles when you narrow the Ford rear end. Maybe brace the back side of it too so that launching doesn't bend the housing tubes towards the front.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Chucky

Originally Posted by _jb
Is that Ford's 9" rear? Good choice. You can set up two pumpkins with different gear ratios and change them at the track.

I used to use a Dana 60 out of a Chrysler Hemi. It was strong, but it was way too involved to change gear ratios at the track.

Are you going to drag race your car or road race it? If you're going to drag race, you might want to get a spool and some good axles when you narrow the Ford rear end. Maybe brace the back side of it too so that launching doesn't bend the housing tubes towards the front.
I see what you mean Sean...

Old 06-24-2006, 03:20 PM
_jb

Originally Posted by Chucky
I see what you mean Sean...
Huh?
Old 06-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Chucky

Originally Posted by _jb
Huh?
I was referring to a conversation Sean and I had. Sorry to confuse you JB.

Old 06-24-2006, 06:29 PM
truplay8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats thats so sick
Old 06-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Audible Mayhem
Performance Factory

thanks, yeah i think i have decided this will be a full street/drag car, you really cant have both. i LOVE road racing and am going to buy a nice little track car here soon. i would love to actually race against other cars and would never ever think about driving the Z on a road course with other cars.

i am going to have some serious traction problems, i want to be able to fit some nice rubber under there but still maintain a street Z look.

thats why i figured a ford cobra rearend, i think i will first test the limits of the Z rear and axles. then see where i stand. i am not going to keep buying untested overpriced crap for this car. i will use as much american stuff as i can...!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 09:33 PM
SFLG35
FGC Central Florida BOD

what you mean those supposedly safe to 800 hp axles that cost 1600 from drive shaft shop
you mean to tell me those arent tested or worth the price for them!?!?!?! you've got to be kidding me
Old 06-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Audible Mayhem
Performance Factory

ask brent!!
Old 06-24-2006, 10:32 PM
_jb

i am going to have some serious traction problems, i want to be able to fit some nice rubber under there but still maintain a street Z look.
If you really plan on putting the Ford rear under your car, that would be the time to install some new rear wheel well tubs. Make the tubs big enough so that the slicks you want to use can fit under the original outer lines of the wheel wells. That would look cool.

thats why i figured a ford cobra rearend, i think i will first test the limits of the Z rear and axles. then see where i stand. i am not going to keep buying untested overpriced crap for this car. i will use as much american stuff as i can...!!!
Good call. I think American's do drag racing the best too.

It looks like you're setting up for a bunch of fun times... Good luck on the engine installatioin...
Old 06-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Audible Mayhem
Performance Factory

yeah thanks, i am going to get some measurements, i really want to keep this a street car, 10.5 rims at the most....

i want to run some 315 DRs on the street. they should hook up pretty well...

Quick Reply: Project SWAP !!!