Laps For Charity@ Texas Motor Speedway(Ft. Worth) Sat. 9/9/06

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 04:47 AM
VicThaDish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laps For Charity@ Texas Motor Speedway(Ft. Worth) Sat. 9/9/06

Hey guys, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on an event at the Texas Motor Speedway. Its called Laps For Charity www.scctexas.org . Its scheduled for this Saturday, the 9th. You get to drive your own vehicle 3 laps(or more) around the track. You donate $25 per set of 3(or multiples of $25 if you want to do more laps, also in sets of 3.) These donations go to children's charities in North Texas. A couple of my friends and I attended the first one back in May, and it was a blast!! There were alot of people and nice cars that showed up. If I remember correctly, gates open around 4 or 5pm. They give you fliers outlining the rules and regulations when you enter. They have a speed limit of 70mph. However, they are pretty lenient on the speed, and you can actually go significantly faster, if you want to. The key is to put some space between you and the car ahead of you. You don't, however, want to put too much space. Otherwise, one of the "pace" trucks might try to go in front of you. I don't want to say how fast we were "able" to go(ahem...at least onehundredfifteen..hehe) Just don't pass anybody(like some people did) and they more than likely won't have any problems with you(they supposedly kicked those people out.) So, if anyone is interested in going, we can meet up or I guess we'll just see you there. Peace.

Vic

Last edited by VicThaDish; 09-07-2006 at 05:56 AM.