Old 07-31-2011, 11:36 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All sale price ending today !!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:16 AM
SharpByCoop

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Question: I just ordered this pipe through The Shop in Norwalk, CT. After reading a ton of material, I am hoping this will help remove the drone at 1900-2200 (with slight load) that my 2.5" dual flow through exh. now has. (My wife doesn't want to ride with me in the car. )

I have GTM test pipes. If I wish to be legal and even quieter I am told use high-flow cats. OK, but it quiets the exhaust via a restriction going through screen mesh doing it's catalytic job.

We are capable and willing to use the test pipes to cut and insert an additional set of flow-through resonators at this point. (Sorry, I am more interested in sound reduction than environmental accountability.)

Thoughts on this?

I am looking forward to the changeover and will report back here. Thanks.

Coop
Old 08-04-2011, 04:03 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SharpByCoop
Question: I just ordered this pipe through The Shop in Norwalk, CT. After reading a ton of material, I am hoping this will help remove the drone at 1900-2200 (with slight load) that my 2.5" dual flow through exh. now has. (My wife doesn't want to ride with me in the car. )

I have GTM test pipes. If I wish to be legal and even quieter I am told use high-flow cats. OK, but it quiets the exhaust via a restriction going through screen mesh doing it's catalytic job.

We are capable and willing to use the test pipes to cut and insert an additional set of flow-through resonators at this point. (Sorry, I am more interested in sound reduction than environmental accountability.)

Thoughts on this?

I am looking forward to the changeover and will report back here. Thanks.

Coop

Testpipes are HFC's increases the overall volume of the exhaust. If anything the OEM cat would be the best thing if your looking for a quieter exhaust.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:49 PM
SharpByCoop

I understand. Yes, I want as quiet as I can, but not at the cost of HP loss over the test pipes or HFC's. (See my sig for where I'm at.)

Hence my suggestion of resonators, which would have no effect on flow.

We will do this on our own, and experiment. Thank you!

Jim
Old 08-05-2011, 01:19 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

I commend you for taking on this project. Sound and Performance is on the opposite sides of the spectrum. I found that your project is similar to what we are doing right now with our HFCs. We are trying to design a high flowing cat that reduces as much noise as possible. The funny thing is, that its the restriction of air flow that makes the OEM cats perfect for eliminating Hiss and RASP. Its just comes down to alot of math and manipulation of sound waves and gases that travel through the HFC.

If you do decide to go further into this, I suggest you note the temperature of the exhaust gas in the HFC is much different than the temperature from the exhaust.

This measurement is crucial because the velocity in which gas travels from the HFC to mufflers varies.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Samurai

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When is the X coupe version of the exhaust going to be ready for sale?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:21 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

October is when you guys should start seeing the final product and pre orders available. We usually start the pre orders a month before landing date.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:57 PM
SharpByCoop

Rec'd the ARK Grip exhaust at TheShop today. We will schedule an install early next week.

Looking forward to this. I'll post separate review upon completion. We're still deciding how to modify the test pipes. Jimmy (the owner) is making some calls.

Thank you.

Coop
Old 08-25-2011, 12:26 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

Awesome. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Alex
Old 08-31-2011, 06:27 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

New limited edition G37 Coupe Tecno Tips. Just released this today. All Authorized ARK Distributor will have these available for order. Limited Quantity on these!

MSRP: $1799.00
Old 09-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Samurai

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will this be around for the X version when it comes out? How much is regular pricing?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:42 PM
SharpByCoop

Hi guys,

I got a call last night from Jimmy at The Shop: Bring it in the morning, and although I don't have resonators to install, we can do that at a later time, if still needed.

And so I did. Before they were finished I got a text from Jimmy: Wow. You bought quality. These are NICE! His tech removed and installed it in about an hour. NP.

He delivered the car to my door and copped a ride back from one of his workers. (I wasn't home).

He claimed it was as quiet as I would need.

I got home from a job, fired it up, short test ride, and I happily agree. The looks are AWESOME, the sound is very authorative, and with no in-cab resonance at 2100 rpm my wife will ride with me. Perfecto.

At this point I don't see a need to modify the test pipes further.

Performance has not been measured on the dyno. I am hoping to have a retest in the near future. Seat of the pants is indeterminate, but because it IS quieter, it softens the blow. (Even if it lost 15whp, at 500+whp that's irrelevant.)

Color me pleased.

Thank you!

Jim
Old 09-04-2011, 01:07 AM
GambitX

Hi guys,

I got a call last night from Jimmy at The Shop: Bring it in the morning, and although I don't have resonators to install, we can do that at a later time, if still needed.

And so I did. Before they were finished I got a text from Jimmy: Wow. You bought quality. These are NICE! His tech removed and installed it in about an hour. NP.

He delivered the car to my door and copped a ride back from one of his workers. (I wasn't home).

I got home from a job, fired it up, short test ride, and I happily agree. The looks are AWESOME, the sound is very authorative, and with no in-cab resonance at 2100 rpm my wife will ride with me. Perfecto.

Performance has not been measured on the dyno. I am hoping to have a retest in the near future. Seat of the pants is indeterminate, but because it IS quieter, it softens the blow. (Even if it lost 15whp, at 500+whp that's irrelevant.)

Color me pleased.

Thank you!

Jim

Awesome, now you see why I picked the ARK! ZERO drone.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:49 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

Hi guys,

Color me pleased.

Thank you!

Jim
Awesome review. let me know if you need anything else

Alex

Quick Reply: ARK PERFORMANCE USA dot COM : G37 COUPE/AWD GRIP EXHAUST SYSTEM THREAD