Vendor takeda single cold air intake system

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 01:12 PM
RKT SHP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would "think" that we were still good to go as the absence of the shield isn't really our fault. Espically since we were in on the pre-order. It isn't like they would be losing tons of money. That piece of plastic probably cost them make 5-10 bucks to manufacture and by jacking up the price on a promised price. They would stand to lose more business than to just soaking up the 200-300 pre-orders that are currently out there.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:37 PM
qpham45

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
This is BS what Takeda did. They raised the priced by $100 for a freakin' water shield!!!

Cold Air Intake System Takeda Intakes Infiniti G37 V6-3.7L<br> TA-3016P - aFe Power
Old 05-10-2011, 02:10 PM
RKT SHP

Like I said earlier hopefully they will honor their original price. Maybe Jebperformance can chime in with some answers

Last edited by RKT SHP; 05-10-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:06 PM
bukg37

450 i rather go with gen 3
Old 05-10-2011, 03:09 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
hope its worth all the wait!!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:23 PM
RKT SHP

I was thinking the same thing and that intake is proven.....I guess for me it all depends on how this pre-order goes

Originally Posted by bukg37
Old 05-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Martin_322

Originally Posted by wlmngtn
what the heck! I just got my Gen 3's not so long ago. If I would have known, I would have tried this instead!!
Anyone want to buy my flat black gen 3's?
im interestedd how much?????????
Old 05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
JEBperformance
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RKT SHP
Are these going to ship today as you promised earlierf
I am checking with Takeda on daily basis. Will contact you guys when we ship your order.
Originally Posted by leeI35G35
Any updates? Tracking numbers?
I am checking with Takeda on daily basis. Will contact you guys when we ship your order.
+1. It was posted earlier that these were going to ship last Friday.
All order placed with Takeda. Paid in full. Just waiting for the tracking number from Takeda. All orders except for international shipments are going to be drop shipped from Takeda.
^^^I know...I wanted a tracking number to make sure someone at my house was available that day to sign/pick-up product.

Also, I saw somewhere that Takeda has raised the price due to the shield. I was wondering if the people who pre-ordered way in advance were still good with the pre-order price that was paid?

ANNNDDDD if we can see pics of the shield (though I may not use it).
No the Hydro Shields are sold separately. I could fabricate similar to Injen Hydro Shields.

Of coarse will be open on both ends. Let me know what you guys think.
I would "think" that we were still good to go as the absence of the shield isn't really our fault. Espically since we were in on the pre-order. It isn't like they would be losing tons of money. That piece of plastic probably cost them make 5-10 bucks to manufacture and by jacking up the price on a promised price. They would stand to lose more business than to just soaking up the 200-300 pre-orders that are currently out there.
For the dydro shiled provided by Takeda. We are only able to offer at the price they give us. We will do our best to keep the costs down.
Originally Posted by qpham45
This is BS what Takeda did. They raised the priced by $100 for a freakin' water shield!!!

Cold Air Intake System Takeda Intakes Infiniti G37 V6-3.7L
TA-3016P - aFe Power
Like I said earlier hopefully they will honor their original price. Maybe Jebperformance can chime in with some answers
Rain shield are sold separate. It is an option.
Originally Posted by chuckie311
hope its worth all the wait!!
I think it is worth if rains a lot, in your area.
I was thinking the same thing and that intake is proven.....I guess for me it all depends on how this pre-order goes
Pretty busy at Takeda.
Originally Posted by Martin_322
im interestedd how much?????????
We are negotiating rain shields cost. Will try our best to keep the costs down. In turn give members best price possible. Thank you.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:07 PM
qpham45

I think we should just get our money back on these stupid intakes. They make us wait for months to develop their rain shield and now that they are complete they make us pay for them because its an OPTION??? Really? WTF? If they knew they were going to charge extra for the piece of plastic or tin then they should have shipped out all the orders that they received prior to there decision.

@Takeda - I hope you guys read this because it is completely BULL-F%$#ING-**** you are doing with this intake. Make us wait for months so you can design your damn shield because WE the consumer suggested it and now you want to charge us for it after so many people pre-ordered your intake. No wonder the most people wouldn't even consider you guys when it comes to performance.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:25 PM
RKT SHP

This man speaks the truth and I couldn't have said it better myself

+1,000,000

Originally Posted by qpham45
I think we should just get our money back on these stupid intakes. They make us wait for months to develop their rain shield and now that they are complete they make us pay for them because its an OPTION??? Really? WTF? If they knew they were going to charge extra for the piece of plastic or tin then they should have shipped out all the orders that they received prior to there decision.

@Takeda - I hope you guys read this because it is completely BULL-F%$#ING-**** you are doing with this intake. Make us wait for months so you can design your damn shield because WE the consumer suggested it and now you want to charge us for it after so many people pre-ordered your intake. No wonder the most people wouldn't even consider you guys when it comes to performance.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:50 PM
leeI35G35

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Guys did you read JEB's post. If I read his post correctly, we will still be getting our intakes or at least the guys that pre-ordered before they made the shield. The shield is an extra cost. SO, that means all of us who pre-orderded should be receiving the intakes once Takeda ships them out. Everyone else will have to pay the higher mark-up. If you need the rain sheild then just order it later.

I am actually glad i ordered early from JEB because all of the other vendors seem like they are having to charge more. :P
Old 05-10-2011, 11:30 PM
RKT SHP

The problem is that we( or atleast I was) under the impression that we were waiting on the rain shield that was going to be included. Not an option that will cost additional. If this was the case they could have realeased this intake a while back instead of leading us all on. I am not upset at jebperformance at all. However I do feel that Takeda aren't being fair. As I said earlier, since this was a mistake that they(Takeda) made they should step up to the plate and soak up the lost revenue and ship All pre-ordered intakes with the rain shields. I believe that that's just good business

Guys did you read JEB's post. If I read his post correctly, we will still be getting our intakes or at least the guys that pre-ordered before they made the shield. The shield is an extra cost. SO, that means all of us who pre-orderded should be receiving the intakes once Takeda ships them out. Everyone else will have to pay the higher mark-up. If you need the rain sheild then just order it later.

I am actually glad i ordered early from JEB because all of the other vendors seem like they are having to charge more. :P
Old 05-11-2011, 12:07 AM
DaKine

Originally Posted by bukg37
Isn't the gen 3 $535?

I thought the other vendor here sells it $30 less
Old 05-11-2011, 12:09 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
yup gen three is around 515-525 shipped...
Old 05-11-2011, 01:04 AM
qpham45

The problem is that we( or atleast I was) under the impression that we were waiting on the rain shield that was going to be included. Not an option that will cost additional. If this was the case they could have realeased this intake a while back instead of leading us all on. I am not upset at jebperformance at all. However I do feel that Takeda aren't being fair. As I said earlier, since this was a mistake that they(Takeda) made they should step up to the plate and soak up the lost revenue and ship All pre-ordered intakes with the rain shields. I believe that that's just good business
RKT SHP is right I am not complaining about them sending the intake now since they aren't done yet with the shield. It is that they(Takeda) KNEW they wouldn't be done with the shield and kept pushing the release date back further. I personally called AFE Power myself and spoke with their representative and they told me that the reason for the delay was due to the designing of the rain shield so they can ship it all out at once. Never did he mention about them jacking up the price and making all the people that pre-ordered pay extra for the shield. Like RKT SHP said, if Takeda would soak up their small loss for the pre-orders and ship out the rain shields people would me more inclined to do business with them. But as of right now it looks like they could care less for their customers.

Quick Reply: Vendor takeda single cold air intake system