Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Front axle issues again

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2024, 06:36 PM
BillyTheMan
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Front axle issues again

On my old Infiniti i had to replace the cv joint boot on both sides at 96k miles, i did drive it hard but no serious abuse. My new one in the past year has had the cv joint boot fixed on the passenger side, the axle replaced on the same side because both boots tore again, and the axle replaced on the drivers side for the same reason. Had a wobble up front today and pulled the wheel off and the outer boot is torn and the axle shaft is backed out from the front diff on the passenger side. Haven't looked at the drivers side yet cause its raining. Are front cv joint issues common with the awd cars? Is there a better solution than just replacing it with oem parts? I do enjoy hard cornering and full throttle from a stop, best part of the awd in my opinion, is this the cause of these issues? I'm not launching it from every red light and stop sign but every so often i do.
Old 07-01-2024, 08:00 PM
SkysG37
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Are you lowered?
wide tires, or otherwise not stock?
Old 07-01-2024, 09:12 PM
BillyTheMan
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Swift springs with motegi 18x9.5. 265/35 tires. Its not slammed by any means but it definitely sits lower than stock. I'm putting spacers on too because i also discovered the other day my tire was rubbing on the inner wheel well in the rear and its destroyed now. There's how I'm sitting in the front