Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

New EAC Twin Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2023, 04:55 PM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts
New EAC Twin Turbo Kit - CARB Legal D-873

Dear community, I'm proud to announce that after several years of development and testing my brand (EAC), in collaboration with BTW Tuning, have produced a new twin turbo kit for all vq37 equipped Nissan and Infiniti vehicles sold under the EAC Brand.

The kit is capable of producing close to 700 whp with the supplied turbos. One of the best parts about this kit is that the turbos are placed very close to the cylinder head and this allows quick spool enabling this kit to make 400 ft lbs of wheel torque (or more) by around 3k rpm. Not only is this kit capable of excellent power output, but it's also the first ever CARB Legal Twin Turbo Kit for the platform! The carb EO is D-873. With this kit being carb legal it means that you can drive to any emissions check station and your car will pass the check with the kit installed - perfect for those living in states that have strict emissions regulations.

You can find more details about the kit (including dyno sheets) on the kit website www.vq37tt.com

Please feel free to post any questions you have and I will do my best to reply.

Expected power on 91 octane is 400 ft lbs torque by 3k rpm and 450 whp - this is with the supplied emissions compliant calibration at 8 psi of boost.

Last edited by bythabay; 03-16-2023 at 05:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ricey4you (03-16-2023)
Old 03-16-2023, 05:02 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,719 Likes on 3,525 Posts
Not everyone here associates your SN with your actual name, and your name is what everyone in this space knows.

So... "bythabay" is Eugene Turkov, one of today's premier tuners. He's also the guy who remote tuned my car in 2021.

Good luck with this, Eugene.

/subbed
Old 03-16-2023, 05:03 PM
bythabay
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Not everyone here associates your SN with your actual name, and your name is what everyone in this space knows.

So... "bythabay" is Eugene Turkov, one of today's premier tuners. He's also the guy who remote tuned my car in 2021.

Good luck with this, Eugene.

/subbed
Thank you, this was very challenging to accomplish and I look forward to this benefiting everyone!
The following users liked this post:
projectpanda13 (03-17-2023)
Old 06-07-2024, 03:46 AM
DanaT
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, the first CARB legal TT kit is an impressive statement. I do have a couple of questions about the kit if you'd be willing to answer them for me. The first question is will this fit any AWD G37 models? Most boosted applications are built for the RWD models which left people like myself little options to choose from, I've been told by some manufacturers it's due to a collision with the transfercase and so most kits won't fit AWD models. Do you have a solution to that or is this kit strictly for RWD models aswell? Next is how does this compare to AAM CompetiComp's TT kit in terms of reliability and power? Does this kit have the potenial to be as good or better than the one they offer? Lastly how it this fitment when it comes to installation? Is there any modification or fabrication needed to make this kit fit? I believe Fast intentions required some modification to the front crash bar it fit their Intercooler properly. I look forward to hearing back from you about these questions!
Old 06-07-2024, 10:05 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Received 282 Likes on 232 Posts
Originally Posted by DanaT
Wow, the first CARB legal TT kit is an impressive statement. I do have a couple of questions about the kit if you'd be willing to answer them for me. The first question is will this fit any AWD G37 models? Most boosted applications are built for the RWD models which left people like myself little options to choose from, I've been told by some manufacturers it's due to a collision with the transfercase and so most kits won't fit AWD models. Do you have a solution to that or is this kit strictly for RWD models aswell? Next is how does this compare to AAM CompetiComp's TT kit in terms of reliability and power? Does this kit have the potenial to be as good or better than the one they offer? Lastly how it this fitment when it comes to installation? Is there any modification or fabrication needed to make this kit fit? I believe Fast intentions required some modification to the front crash bar it fit their Intercooler properly. I look forward to hearing back from you about these questions!
I know Eugene installed that kit on an awd Q50 so it will also work on your awd g37. it uses aftermarket engine mounts and connects to a standard y pipe, so with an awd compatible y pipe, it'll be no issues. or exhaust system, dual or what not.

I'll let Eugene chime in on the power side.
Old 06-07-2024, 12:23 PM
bythabay
Registered Member

will this fit any AWD G37 models?
yes

Most boosted applications are built for the RWD models which left people like myself little options to choose from, I've been told by some manufacturers it's due to a collision with the transfercase and so most kits won't fit AWD models. Do you have a solution to that or is this kit strictly for RWD models aswell?
we have separate part numbers for specific applications so the fitment is always perfect with zero modifications required to the vehicle. Trimming of the core support plastics is still required as it is typically also required when installing cold air intakes, however the core support can be replaced economically if there is ever a desire to restore it back to factory condition.

Next is how does this compare to AAM CompetiComp's TT kit in terms of reliability and power?
Our kit leverages OEM GTR components, which I believe offer superior reliability compared to aftermarket turbochargers. Additionally, our kit is compatible any oem turbo that could be applied to a GTR. One such offering comes from Pure turbo and is capable of delivering over 1000 wheel horsepower (WHP) - see here: https://www.pureturbos.com/product/n...r35-pure-1000/. The OEM GTR turbos in our kit provide nearly instantaneous spooling, achieving peak wheel torque and horsepower outputs of over 650 ft-lbs and 650 WHP respectively—sufficient for any stock engine. For those seeking higher power levels, we recommend our EAC tuner kit version, which includes larger turbos such as those from Pure.

The sizing of our turbos allows for full torque delivery earlier in the powerband compared to other turbo or supercharger kits. For instance, on a vehicle with all emissions equipment intact and running on 91 octane pump gas, our 50 state legal / carb legal kit can achieve over 400 ft-lbs of torque by 3000 rpm. This performance is unmatched as there are no comparable dyno charts from other twin turbo kits using OEM catalytic converters on 91 octane. Moreover, when tested in a "race" configuration, our kit is expected to surpass the performance of any other product currently on the market.

Does this kit have the potential to be as good or better than the one they offer?
yes

Lastly how it this fitment when it comes to installation?
We designed the kit to fit OEM. The entire kit is essentially bolt-on without any modification needed to the frame of any structural components of the vehicle.

Is there any modification or fabrication needed to make this kit fit?
Trimming the core support to fit the charge pipes / intakes and there is some minor clearancing of various brackets - all trivial stuff.

I believe Fast intentions required some modification to the front crash bar it fit their Intercooler properly.
We do not require this step. For vehicles set up to perform at the 1000 whp level, we recommend replacing the crash bar with an aftermarket bash bar to fit a larger intercooler.